• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 02/09 - 02/15

t3nmilez

Moor-Angol said:
you bought DodonPachi Black Label, Shooting Love 200x or both of them ? There were many copies left ?

I got both of them, preordered so I didn't have to worry about supply issues. Dodonpachi was sold out at the game store, I don't remember if Shooting Love was in stock or not, I didn't really pay attention.

According to the link and google translate, X360 first day sales for other software:

Devil May Cry 4 28k
The Idol Master 28k
NINJA GAIDEN 2」21k
Gundam OPERESHONTOROI 20k
Soul Calibur IV 35k
Tales of VESPERIA 71k
Infinite Undiscovery 72k
GTAIV 27k
The Last Remnant 79k
SO4 131k

They also mentioned WKC had 1st day sales of 132k.

Well that's what I could make out from google translate anyways, feel free to correct me.

Dascu said:
Shining Force sales seem...low?
From sinobi himself, first day comparisons:

2005-03:PS2「Shining Force Neo」- 32k
2007-01:PS2「Shining Force Exa」- 55k
2007-05:PS2「Shining Wind」- 57k
2009-02:NDS「Shining Force Feather」- 19k

Doesn't look good for Flight Plan's Sacred Blaze either, again first day comparison (with other self published FP titles):

2007-01:PS2「Dragon Shadow Spell」- 28k
2008-02:PS2「Poison Pink」- 32k
2009-02:PS2「Sacred Blaze」- 14k

PD: Namco success on PSP lately is so unwarranted...I can already smell Ridge Racers 3, AKA Ridge Racers 2.1, AKA Ridge Racers 1.1.1.

duckroll

Seems like a poor showing for Flight Plan. They developed both SFF and SB, and both seem like they're not getting much success. Oh well.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
From sinobi himself, first day comparisons:

2005-03:PS2「Shining Force Neo」- 32k
2007-01:PS2「Shining Force Exa」- 55k
2007-05:PS2「Shining Wind」- 57k
2009-02:NDS「Shining Force Feather」- 19k
It's worth noting that the previous portable Shinings (though it's been 5 years since those) did much worse than their PS2 counterparts. Feather's first day beats out the first week number for two of the three: Shining Soul 2 and Shining Force: Dragon's Revival. The first Shining Soul did better, with a 33K first week.

klee123 said:
Indeed it is. It'll most likely break 200K for the first week.

I agree. Will be the most sold 360 game to date in JP in either its 1st week or 2nd week.

donny2112 said:
Famitsu:
SFC Star Ocean - 81K (176K)
PS1 Star Ocean: The Second Story - 374K (700K)
PS2 Star Ocean 3: Till the End of Time - 386K (533K)

Also
PSP Star Ocean - 115k (205k)
PSP Star Ocean: The Second Story 90k (143k)

So SO4 LTD won't reach the previous 2 iterations 1st week numbers, but at least it beat the SFC and PSP ports comfortably.

u_neek

klee123 said:
Indeed it is. It'll most likely break 200K for the first week.
If the numbers for WKC (around 130k first day, 206k first week) are an indication, then yes it will :)

Paracelsus

u_neek said:
If the numbers for WKC (around 130k first day, 206k first week) are an indication, then yes it will :)

The numbers could be an indication, but the base is three times smaller. It has to keep an incredibile ratio to break 200k first week. Maybe the strenght of the IP would help, but I wouldn't bet on 200k first week. 250k or more as LTD seems feasible, instead.

I think this is encouraging for MS and the 360, I would expect them to try to secure some more JRPGs through moneyhats or incentives to 3rd parties. I personally think they should try to secure Kingdom Hearts.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
AranhaHunter said:
I think this is encouraging for MS and the 360, I would expect them to try to secure some more JRPGs through moneyhats or incentives to 3rd parties. I personally think they should try to secure Kingdom Hearts.

Good luck with that.

AranhaHunter said:
This has more of a chance hitting the Wii than the X360.
really REALLY farfetched.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Loudninja said:
I think it will reach 180k for the week.

Not possible without a restock. It'd be capped just above 160 and practically a little less than that since total sellout is virtually impossible due to distribution of stock across the country. If SE does a restock though, 180-200 is not impossible IMO.

t3nmilez

I wonder how fast that second shipment will hit. I get the feeling that retailers might have been caught off guard by the high sales, and I'm sure they thought they were being optimistic! If Fukuoka is any indication, by the end of the second day it's really hard to find copies anywhere. They'd better bring them out soon and take advantage of the momentum!

Completely different from Vesperia/TLR, where you could easily find new copies on the shelves during the first week.

Minsc

Gold Member
t3nmilez said:
I wonder how fast that second shipment will hit. I get the feeling that retailers might have been hit unexpectedly hard for it, and I'm sure they thought they were being optimistic as well. If Fukuoka is any indication, by the end of the second day it's really hard to find copies anywhere. They'd better bring them out soon and take advantage of the momentum!

And depending on the length of the game, I wonder if used copies will start showing up before it gets restocked.

Selling through 80% of your stock on the first day is almost as bad as selling 20%, in the sense that both cases you've severely mishandled your inventory orders.

Ideally, I'd think 50-60% first day, and 80+% first week would be a much more positive situation all around.

Loudninja

Stumpokapow said:
Not possible without a restock. It'd be capped just above 160 and practically a little less than that since total sellout is virtually impossible due to distribution of stock across the country. If SE does a restock though, 180-200 is not impossible IMO.

True.

Spiegel

bttb said:
First Day Sales (02/19)

[360] Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope (Square Enix) - 131k
[PSP] Idolmaster SP: Perfect Sun (Bandai Namco) - 33k
[PSP] Idolmaster SP: Missing Moon (Bandai Namco) - 28k
[PSP] Idolmaster SP: Wandering Star (Bandai Namco) - 24k

2ia8va0.jpg

I was expecting both games to sell a bit higher. Oh, well. 85k for Idolmaster and the best first day ever (for 360) is not bad

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
PD: Namco success on PSP lately is so unwarranted...I can already smell Ridge Racers 3, AKA Ridge Racers 2.1, AKA Ridge Racers 1.1.1.

So true :(

Minsc

Gold Member
I wonder if Capcom simply just doesn't care that the Wii userbase clearly wants a NEW resident evil title?

duckroll

Stumpokapow said:

Restocks on the weekends happens all the time for bigger titles though. It's always the smaller publishers and smaller titles that get shafted by unexpected demand.

t3nmilez said:
I got both of them, preordered so I didn't have to worry about supply issues. Dodonpachi was sold out at the game store, I don't remember if Shooting Love was in stock or not, I didn't really pay attention.

Thanks for your report :)
I also bought DDP DOJ BL, very happy to see first day sales, 8k for first day is quite good, i'm sure they will finish the first supply in a couple of weeks.

Please more SHMUP ports on 360 !!!

Minsc

Gold Member
duckroll said:
Restocks on the weekends happens all the time for bigger titles though. It's always the smaller publishers and smaller titles that get shafted by unexpected demand.

Wasn't there a pretty major title within the last two years that got really screwed over by not getting a restock for almost 2 weeks (probably were a few I bet)? I want to say it was a FF or DQ, or something on that level anyway.

Minsc said:
Wasn't there a pretty major title within the last two years that got really screwed over by not getting a restock for almost 2 weeks (probably were a few I bet)? I want to say it was a FF or DQ, or something on that level anyway.
I think that had to do with shortages for DS cartridges.

farnham

Banned
Negaiido said:
Please stop this aswell, we know people think this but do you really want it?
if square enix can make a deal with nintendo to include some nintendo characters alongside to their SE characters and the disney characters then im all for it

Negaiido

farnham said:
if square enix can make a deal with nintendo to include some nintendo characters alongside to their SE characters and the disney characters then im all for it

As an Kingdom Hearts fan I would seriously hate that, disney characters aren't supposed to be in there ...

kswiston

farnham said:

I wonder how many copies a game with Final Fantasy AND Disney AND Mario would sell. If some of the worlds were based off of classic Nintendo settings, the game would clear 10M world wide. Will never happen though.

cw_sasuke

kswiston said:
I wonder how many copies a game with Final Fantasy AND Disney AND Mario would sell. If some of the worlds were based off of classic Nintendo settings, the game would clear 10M world wide. Will never happen though.

Mario x Mickey ? Cloud x Link ? In one Game ?

$$$

farnham

Banned
kswiston said:
nintendo let EA use Mario on SSX On tour and NBA Street V3 and let Namco us Link on SC II.. just saying

also they are letting sega use mario for the olympic games

cw_sasuke

farnham said:
nintendo let EA use Mario on SSX On tour and NBA Street V3 and let Namco us Link on SC II.. just saying
Nintendo was desperate back then ^^

But looking at Mario n Sonic at the Olympics...

Top Bottom