• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 1/29 - 2/4

cvxfreak said:
294acc01bm6.jpg
Yet Burger King failed miserably :(

lupin23rd

marvelharvey said:
Yet Burger King failed miserably :(

Cause Burger King sucks dude. And aren't there BK games on the 360... ? :lol

Anyway that's a topic for another thread, not a Media Create thread.

m

Axord

Or course those Japanese willing to buy a foreign console would be more willing to buy from a foreign-owned website. Using the West-invented internet!

I do wonder how they sleep at night after betraying their country like that.

sasimirobot

So much ownage in CVX's McDonalds/Michael Jackson post it hurts.

I wish it was mandatory that Gaf members visit Japan once in their lives before posting bullshit from the top of their heads MC threads.

i love the way every week media create threads always veer of the course into something completely unrelated, and this week its burker king and louis vitton. christ

lupin23rd said:
Cause Burger King sucks dude. And aren't there BK games on the 360... ? :lol

Is your American Burger King different from our Singaporean Burger King or something? Because the Mushroom Swiss Double rocks.

apujanata

sasimirobot said:
So much ownage in CVX's McDonalds/Michael Jackson post it hurts.

I wish it was mandatory that Gaf members visit Japan once in their lives before posting bullshit from the top of their heads MC threads.

Welcome to GAF, sasimirobot. Assuming you are the same poster as the one with the same id in gameFAQs.

FYI, CVX's has visited Japan at least three times (AFAIK), and he has visited Jonnyram (you do remember him, right) ?
I know that CVX does not have a girlfriend yet, so you must pardon his ignorance that LV (and other expensive lady bag brand) are not from US.

CVX, you pick the ugliest MJ picture you can find, right ? :(

sasimirobot

apujanata said:
Welcome to GAF, sasimirobot. Assuming you are the same poster as the one with the same id in gameFAQs.

FYI, CVX's has visited Japan at least three times (AFAIK), and he has visited Jonnyram (you do remember him, right) ?
I know that CVX does not have a girlfriend yet, so you must pardon his ignorance that LV (and other expensive lady bag brand) are not from US.

CVX, you pick the ugliest MJ picture you can find, right ? :(

you joking right? my original post had nothing to do with dissn CVX, in fact I think he is aware of who I am as a poster and person. I have been on GAF for what...4 years or so...but yes I still post on the JapanGF board once in a blue moon.

Good to see Sales threads alive and kickn these days (love the new formats/charts/gifs/etc..), it was getting really stale there for a moment.

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Where are software's numbers ?

Software: Usually Wednesday Evening (Eastern Standard Time)
Hardware: Usually Thursday Evening (Eastern Standard Time)

There are usually leaks to both that are sometimes close, sometimes spot on, and sometimes way off that come out prior... Just remember:
Wednesday=Software
Thursday=Hardware

I don't mind if a thread gets derailed, as long as everyone is on board. I guess it keeps discussion going until fresh news is released, prolong the thread. There are way too many threads made every day anyway.

But I reckon, somebody has to ask where are the numbers every Wednesday, just because they can't be bothered to go all the way to the toilet to take their piss, so they got to do it on someone here.

If someone had the numbers, they would have been posted. If not wait, till they get released. Its that simple.

So stop ****ing asking where are the ****ing numbers every ****ing week.

Had to get that of my chest, its been another dry Valentine's day. Now got get some balls to ask out a girl, who works in town. Who would've thought getting some sex would be this hard for a guy that looks as good as me.

the thoroughbred said:
I don't mind if a thread gets derailed, as long as everyone is on board. I guess it keeps discussion going until fresh news is released, prolong the thread. There are way too many threads made every day anyway.

But I reckon, somebody has to ask where are the numbers every Wednesday, just because they can't be bothered to go all the way to the toilet to take their piss, so they got to do it on someone here.

If someone had the numbers, they would have been posted. If not wait, till they get released. Its that simple.

So stop ****ing asking where are the ****ing numbers every ****ing week.

Had to get that of my chest, its been another dry Valentine's day. Now got get some balls to ask out a girl, who works in town. Who would've thought getting some sex would be this hard for a guy that looks as good as me.

So how about those numbers?

dabra

Famitsu top 10 (2/5 -2/11)

1 (PS3) Virtua Fighter 5
2 (WII) Wii Sports
3 (NDS) Pokemom Diamond&Pearl
4 (WII) Wi Play
5 (PS2) Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
6 (NDS) More Brain Age
7 (NDS) New Super Mario Bros.
8 (NDS) Luminous Arc
9 (NDS) Harvest Moon: The Island I Grew Up On
10 (PS2) J-League Pro Soccer 5

dabra said:

1 (PS3) Virtua Fighter 5
2 (WII) Wii Sports
4 (WII) Wi Play
6 (NDS) More Brain Age
8 (NDS) Luminous Arc

I want to believe it deserves those sales and more.

*closes eyes and hopes*

Il Comodino

sorry about his english
dabra said:

1 (PS3) Virtua Fighter 5
2 (WII) Wii Sports
4 (WII) Wi Play
6 (NDS) More Brain Age
8 (NDS) Luminous Arc

....confirmed?

mckmas8808 said:
A number one game only sold 50,000 units? Is that some kind of record low?
Certainly in recent history. Maybe a preDS week managed to sink that low, although I do remember a couple of very low weeks, even with the DS around.

Feb, especially the start, is a very slow retail month in Japan.

Wow, really slow week.

DQM is flip-flop, I wonder if people will care when they restock it next. VF5's start is decent, at least it could crawl to 100K.

Magicpaint said:
Wow, really slow week.

DQM is flip-flop, I wonder if people will care when they restock it next. VF5's start is decent, at least it could crawl to 100K.

Why wouldn't they care? The last time it played the same disappearing act, it emerged right back in the top 10 on a subsequent week once stores restocked.

Axord

NintendosBooger said:
Why wouldn't they care?
1. Demand is filled at some point.
2. The longer the time from launch, the greater the chance that continuing demand is filled by the used games market.

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
Are the ds and wii still sold out in japan or are we seeing the maximum sales possible at the minute?

DeaconKnowledge said:
I don't see VF5 selling more than 60k first week, and then dropping off the top ten after that. So there's my VF5 prediction.

Also I think your PS2 numbers are way too high. The PS2 marketshare is (finally) getting eaten by the Wii, DS and perhaps PSP.

So if Sinobi's numbers are accurate (which they usually are) I OVERRATED VF5?

Waits for the "Wait for Gundam Musou" mantras to start.

Top Bottom