• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 1/29 - 2/4

ethelred

Are you going to stand there and take that from them, methane? Stick up for yourself! You were right the first time -- you just have to explore the issue further.

D.Lo

jarrod said:
Uh.. they're actually doing it with CV though. :p
And it's a problem. Castlevania fans have to buy yet another system to continue to follow releases. Castlevania has cost me a lot of money on hardware over the years, I bought a PC Engine, Mega Drive and PS1 (all which I wouldn't have bought otherwise) specifically to follow the series. I'm jack of it, and wish Konami would just pick a platform (any one, I don't care) and stick to it for five years.

I think Konami's giving excellent support to the DS, even if their Wii commitment at this time seems a bit like their Dreamcast commitment. Konami is also supporting the PSP with titles aimed at its audience. Because of PSP's power, they were able to use a lot of assets from the PS2 series. I think MGS:pO is an example of a game that would have been more expensive to attempt on the DS.

Some people just have a burr in their britches about that Dracula X port. Konami made a choice, it might bite them in the ass saleswise, it might not. Nobody knows yet. But so far, their choices of which games to release on the less-popular system have paid modest dividends.

D.Lo said:
And it's a problem. Castlevania fans have to buy yet another system to continue to follow releases. Castlevania has cost me a lot of money on hardware over the years, I bought a PC Engine, Mega Drive and PS1 (all which I wouldn't have bought otherwise) specifically to follow the series. I'm jack of it, and wish Konami would just pick a platform (any one, I don't care) and stick to it for five years.

Well, if you have a PC Engine, that means you've played and own Rondo. If you have a PSX, that means you've played/own Symphony. And you think the 3d remake looks like ass. So why did you want this Dracula X collection again?

D.Lo said:

If you have a PC engine and PS1, then why bother with the PSP game? For the 3D Remake?

D.Lo

DeaconKnowledge said:
If you have a PC engine and PS1, then why bother with the PSP game? For the 3D Remake?
Yep, and the touched up SoTN. It's original Castlevania content, and I'm a whore.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Quite better...it came out for Christmas in Europe. Best selling PSP game in Spain in December for example (#7 on all platforms) .
Well we can see where your colours are.

The difference in quality between the two releases is the whole point. And it's nothing to do with system power, Konami's N64 soccer games smashed WEDS out of the park.

DeaconKnowledge said:
I could have sworn this was a media create thread.....
Yeah, you should keep 3rd party discussions to other threads.

D.Lo said:
Well we can see where your colours are.

The difference in quality between the two releases is the whole point. And it's nothing to do with system power, Konami's N64 soccer games smashed WEDS out of the park.
I think you can't tell which colors do you see if you have your eyes closed.

fresquito

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Would you expect something better for a MGS DS? I think you don't see the point.
I'd expect Konami putting some resources behind the title and it would pay off, like with almost every game S-E have released on the DS yet. That's the only point.

methane47

ethelred said:
Are you going to stand there and take that from them, methane? Stick up for yourself! You were right the first time -- you just have to explore the issue further.

LOl you sound like my brother... I'll just sum it up and give the condensed Readers' Digest version.

In regards to MGS:pO ...
What is the market like on the DS for stealth action shooters?

In regards to games like DMC
What is the market like on the DS for fast action beat-em-up shooter platformer?

Thats all i'll say.

DS while the market is huge... The risk is still there....

Hey guys I read here in the Taito-buy thread that Square-Enix was going to be renamed Quest, Q from Quest, U from ?, E from Enix, S from Square and T from Taito.

So you have to look for a company starting with U! .... NOT UBISOFT PLEASE :lol

fresquito said:
I'd expect Konami putting some resources behind the title and it would pay off, like with almost every game S-E have released on the DS yet. That's the only point.
The only point is to expect Konami suddenly turn into Square-Enix? You have already seen how much did Konami care about its most important franchise (WE) when putting it on DS. Lets say that I don't have that much faith in Konami to do a good job for a MGS DS as much as I'd like.

maxmars said:
You should be careful with recursive stuff.
Its supposed to be a joke, it doesn't have to make sense except what I mentioned :)

If you come up with some company starting with U tell me please...I don't want it to be Ubisoft :(

fresquito

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
The only point is to expect Konami suddenly turn into Square-Enix? You have already seen how much did Konami care about its most important franchise (WE) when putting it on DS. Lets say that I don't have that much faith in Konami to do a good job for a MGS DS as much as I'd like.
And I agree to that. But you cannot blame the bad WE performance on DS in anything but that a shitty game.

ethelred said:

But then they would start being sarcastic and telling him he's spouting out bs !!!one

fresquito said:
And I agree to that. But you cannot blame the bad WE performance on DS in anything but that a shitty game.

Well what about Tamagotchis? And Driv3rs?

Big name, bad game, sales still the same (high)

fresquito

LanceStern said:
Well what about Tamagotchis? And Driv3rs?

Big name, bad game, sales still the same (high)
I think I don't get your point. You're saying WEDS should've sold more just based on name alone? Maybe if it hit the market when the other versions and wasn't the last and shittiest one, it could've achieved better sales, don't you think?

D.Lo said:
EDIT: Also, it's like Nintendo has decided they can't trust third parties anymore, so are going it alone. They've invested a lot of money is software and developers over the last few years, and have probably built the infrastructure to take on Japan without ANY 3rd party support.
You think? Now more than ever they co-develop and publish games made by third parties. Namco, Capcom, Square Enix, of course TOSE, and others with less recognizable names. Perhaps you're not considering them "3rd party support" since they're Nintendo-funded projects?

Terrible sales this week for Wii, down from 85000, a 20,000 drop in sales in 1 week.

Though PS3 is doing horrid too.

What is going on in Japan, Wii and PS3 both doing horrible.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Man of Knowledge said:
Terrible sales this week for Wii, down from 85000, a 20,000 drop in sales in 1 week.

Holy shit. How did we miss this!????

Knowledge of Man to the rescue!

I expect the Wii to drop another 20,000 next week and the week after next, and finally the Japanese will be sending the system BACK to Nintendo. Thank you for opening my eyes of Man Knowledge.

AniHawk

Man of Knowledge said:
360 is a disaster in Japan. But that was expected. Japanese don't like to buy American products. Poor sales are due to Asian bias in Japan, they prefer Asian goods.

the keyword here being "good
(s)
"

Forgotten Ancient said:
Not
QFT

It is true. That is the only reason 360 isn't doing good in Japan. Really it is best system now, bar none. No reason for it not to be selling millions in Japan, if not for Japanese being bias against American products. If Japanese people really wanted to spend their money well they would get a 360 over a Wii or PS3.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Forgotten Ancient said:
Not
QFT

Dude, it's true. Why are you arguing with the MAN OF MOTHER****INGKNOWLEDGE? It's true because he says so. Carry on your Knowledgeness.

Christopher

Man of Knowledge said:
It is true. That is the only reason 360 isn't doing good in Japan. Really it is best system now, bar none. No reason for it not to be selling millions in Japan, if not for Japanese being bias against American products. If Japanese people really wanted to spend their money well they would get a 360 over a Wii or PS3.

iPod are HUGE in Japan - I don't really think the Japanese look at the xbox and say...well god damn Americans made that - pass lol! No, it's just marketed such the wrong way that it only appeals to Americans - it's not the product persay, but just the perception and software that is involved.

I mean look at the top Japanese selling games - plus the Japanese were pretty burnt with the original xbox, and I don't think a majority of them will be back for seconds.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Man of Knowledge said:
PS2 was selling 100,000+ a week in Japan for atleast 6 months after it came out.

You are so modest. It was selling at least 150,000+, like 8 months after launch! You are brilliant.

dyls

Man of Knowledge said:

You started a thread with almost the exact same comment 7 hours ago -

Man of Knowledge said:
Apparently wii sales are dismal in Japan. Seems like Japanese aren't eating it up like people once thought.

http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=97748

though PS3 isn't doing better either. Guess japanese don't care about next gen systems.

- which was immediately locked. Didn't you think there might be a reason for that? In any case, as you would know if you read even a little of this thread, (at least the on-topic parts) the Wii is constrained by supply, not demand.

Man of Knowledge said:
Not true. Brad Pitt and Britney Spears were huge in Japan.

Joe Molotov

Man of Knowledge said:
360 is a disaster in Japan. But that was expected. Japanese don't like to buy American products. Poor sales are due to Asian bias in Japan, they prefer Asian goods.

Yeah, like the PS3.

Oh wait...

So, how long before Man of Knowledge becomes Man of Banned?

Mind you, I suppose it's a good thing he's here to keep us on track when it comes to the sneaky Asian mind - they only buy Asian goods, you know. Yellow Peril! :)

Cosmonaut X said:
So, how long before Man of Knowledge becomes Man of Banned?

Mind you, I suppose it's a good thing he's here to keep us on track when it comes to the sneaky Asian mind - they only buy Asian goods, you know. Yellow Peril! :)

I quite like the way "banned of knowledge" sounds, despite the fact that it doesn't really make sense.

I don't think he should be banned for what he said in this thread, though. People make mistakes and have misconceptions about things...it's better to correct them than to get rid of them. Well, sometimes. :lol

Man of Knowledge said:
PS2 was selling 100,000+ a week in Japan for atleast 6 months after it came out.
So damn false, but I feel compelled to reply. :(

Going by the Famitsu data, out of the first 26 weeks, 21 weeks were less than 100K. The average during that time was nearly 100K/week, but mostly due to the immense first week. If we average weeks 2-26, it comes to about 79K/week.

Wii, through the first 10 weeks averages 144K/week. If we exclude the large first week, though, the other 9 weeks average to about 122K/week.

cvxfreak

Man of Knowledge said:

indexfallingnanos20060912.png

B0002423YK.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

294acc01bm6.jpg

coca-cola-logo.jpg

starbuckstx0.jpg

nike20logoiw1.jpg

louisvuittonsclassicmonrv2.jpg

mj2002ur5.jpg

JoshuaJSlone said:
So damn false, but I feel compelled to reply. :(

Going by the Famitsu data, out of the first 26 weeks, 21 weeks were less than 100K. The average during that time was nearly 100K/week, but mostly due to the immense first week. If we average weeks 2-26, it comes to about 79K/week.

Wii, through the first 10 weeks averages 144K/week. If we exclude the large first week, though, the other 9 weeks average to about 122K/week.

Fighting the good fight. :D

Top Bottom