• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 11 - 17 Sept

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I don't expect the astronomical numbers everyone is hoping for with pokeymans.

I guess 1m total

Vexidus

Could we see big shortages like 600k or 800k total shipped for Pokemon or has Nintendo really got enough made/shipped to satisfy demand in the least?

Tadaima

Vexidus said:
Could we see big shortages like 600k or 800k total shipped for Pokemon or has Nintendo really got enough made/shipped to satisfy demand in the least?

Nintendo surely must have enough. They've been whoring back game cards like there's no tomorrow.

No amount can be enough.

linsivvi

sp0rsk said:
First week total.

Mind you this isnt based on anything, just got a feeling that's all.

I did read somewhere else that the pre-order already exceed 1M. Don't ask me for a link, it was a while ago and I forgot where I saw that.

linsivvi said:
I did read somewhere else that the pre-order already exceed 1M. Don't ask me for a link, it was a while ago and I forgot where I saw that.
So japanese ppl KNOW what a "p-r-e-o-r-d-e-r" is and they still wake up at 1 am to line up with 1.000 other otakus? This is so cool!

linsivvi

slaughterking said:
So japanese ppl KNOW what a "p-r-e-o-r-d-e-r" is and they still wake up at 1 am to line up with 1.000 other otakus? This is so cool!

Actually I mean the pre-order from retail. Japanese people are still going to line up for the world to see.

E-phonk said:
That is not the origin of this internet meme. It's a lot older afaik.

Putting it in the Wii frame disguises the actual point of the joke, which is to look like one of those dumb inspirational posters with the goofy phrases at the bottom.

chadums90

Provider said:
2nrzddt.jpg

I've seen the pic...But I don't get it...What's the origin, etc?

enishi

1. (PS2, Sony) Everybody's Tennis (~ 90k)
2. (NDS, S-E) Final Fantasy III
3. (NDS, Nintendo) New Super Mario Brothers
4. (NDS, Nintendo) Brain Training 2 (LTD becomes no. 1 for NDS platform)
5. (NDS, Bandai Namco) Gintama DS (~ 30k)
6. (PS2, Banpresto) Kenshin fighting game
7. (NDS, Nintendo) Animal Crossing
8. (NDS, Nintendo) Tingle RPG (LTD ~ 120k)
9. (NDS, Nintendo) Navi Cooking
10. (PS2, Koei) Harukanaru Tokinonakade - Maihitoyo

The numbers are according to Sinobi
http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-10017589368.html

Seems to be a slow week; is it calm before Pokebomb? :D

Mr. Pointy said:
Yeah, slow week. Go FFIII and Tingle!

If FFIII does, say, 60k this week, are we at a lock for LT > 1m yet? I realized one reason that it might be showing more legs than a PS2 FF is that there are probably people who want it who still haven't been able to get a DS to play it on.

Aurora

chadums90 said:
I've seen the pic...But I don't get it...What's the origin, etc?
charlequin's right about what the layout is supposed to be like. There is nothing to "get". The combination of text and picture is what makes it hilarious.

Disappointing that FFIII is not #1. It's time is up - Pokémon just launched.

And :lol at AniHawk.

charlequin said:
If FFIII does, say, 60k this week, are we at a lock for LT > 1m yet? I realized one reason that it might be showing more legs than a PS2 FF is that there are probably people who want it who still haven't been able to get a DS to play it on.

that combined with the fact that it's still difficult to find a copy of FFIII itself, would imply 1 million is easily within reach if not guaranteed.

Considering there's still a strong Christmas coming and the pokemon fans who don't have a DS yet, but will by year's end only further reinforces this conclusion.

Aurora said:
charlequin's right about what the layout is supposed to be like. There is nothing to "get". The combination of text and picture is what makes it hilarious.

Because it's kitties. Playing Gameboy.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
The pic is from an offtopic thread about a website that lets you generate those failure poster thingys.

enishi said:
1. (PS2, Sony) Everybody's Tennis (~ 90k)
2. (NDS, S-E) Final Fantasy III
3. (NDS, Nintendo) New Super Mario Brothers
4. (NDS, Nintendo) Brain Training 2 (LTD becomes no. 1 for NDS platform)
5. (NDS, Bandai Namco) Gintama DS (~ 30k)
6. (PS2, Banpresto) Kenshin fighting game
7. (NDS, Nintendo) Animal Crossing
8. (NDS, Nintendo) Tingle RPG (LTD ~ 120k)
9. (NDS, Nintendo) Navi Cooking
10. (PS2, Koei) Harukanaru Tokinonakade - Maihitoyo

The numbers are according to Sinobi
http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-10017589368.html

Seems to be a slow week; is it calm before Pokebomb? :D

I don't trust Famitsu simply because NO GAME gets to beat ANimal Crossing for DS LTD except Mario.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
Does anyone know any news regarding Pokemon release in Japan?
Can we have some pics of Japanese lined up for those games?

KINGMOKU

kia said:
Does anyone know any news regarding Pokemon release in Japan?
Can we have some pics of Japanese lined up for those games?
Wierd huh? I would think that by now 5:55AM Osaka time, there would be lines, right?

Raw64life

sp0rsk said:
I don't expect the astronomical numbers everyone is hoping for with pokeymans.

I guess 1m total

I actually agree with this. Every Pokemon since Red/Blue has been released in November. This is coming in September. Sales ares till going to be astronomical and will probably even pass Ruby/Sapphire in the long run but I expect a weaker opening week than usual.

Top Bottom