• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 12/31 - 1/6 2008

Lobster

Banned
Terrell said:
The only foreseeable explanation for that happening would be if playing Brawl somehow forcibly removed your testicles through your anus.

True..but Strikers was in everyway better then the first and for some reason..sold really bad.

Jokeropia

perfectchaos007 said:
2 weeks in a row now PSP has outsold Wii in sales. The Wii needs to do a little better than that if it wants to ever catch the PSP's LTD. It's taking one step foward and two steps back. Won't get very far like that.
Well actually, Wii outsold PSP according to Famitsu numbers by a greater degree than PSP outsold Wii according to Media Create numbers these two weeks, so in all likelihood, Wii outsold PSP during this period. :p
jgwhiteus said:
Oh wait, I just remembered something...didn't someone mention that a lot of stores had stopped taking preorders on SSBB because their quotas were full? Maybe there aren't any in-store displays for the same reason there aren't any more WiiFit advertisements...why bother advertising what you won't be able to supply and will sell anyway?
Amazon.co.jp won't take any preorders for the game, anyway.

Terrell

Lobster said:
True..but Strikers was in everyway better then the first and for some reason..sold really bad.
Well, a lot of that can be explained depending on what kind of gamer you are. Personally, while I agree with you that the game was a massive improvement in a lot of ways, Strikers gameplay, even in its current situation, has never felt tactile in my personal experience, as much of the action seems far too random with "floaty" controls that don't live up to a Mario game standard, spinoff or not. And one must also remember that this game is positioned as "battle soccer", which might not fly with the Winning Eleven-loving Japanese market.
But I wouldn't trust my opinions, as I age I'm becoming one of those filthy "lapsed" gamers everyone hates so much. ;)

Lobster

Banned
Terrell said:
Well, a lot of that can be explained depending on what kind of gamer you are. Personally, while I agree with you that the game was a massive improvement in a lot of ways, Strikers gameplay, even in its current situation, has never felt tactile in my personal experience, as much of the action seems far too random with "floaty" controls that don't live up to a Mario game standard, spinoff or not. And one must also remember that this game is positioned as "battle soccer", which might not fly with the Winning Eleven-loving Japanese market.
But I wouldn't trust my opinions, as I age I'm becoming one of those filthy "lapsed" gamers everyone hates so much. ;)

The first one sold really well on the cube though..and we're talking the cube..

Wii version didn't even do half its LTD.

Terrell

Lobster said:

Well, my criticism applies to both games in the franchise. Without knowing what sort of demographic ratio the Wii divides into, we'll never get a concrete answer as to why the Wii version sold less in Japan, though it's a possibility that the people who bought it on Cube experienced the problems I described earlier and didn't want to give it another go, which could effectively divide your fanbase in half. And there you have a huge part of the explanation right there. As I said, just because we like something doesn't mean that there isn't some sort of an answer to the sales conundrum. It's highly unlikely that Smash Bros. was in this sort of situation, since the few friends I have in Japan were bellyaching that they could NEVER find a used copy of Melee.

Terrell said:
We don't hate lapsed gamers. We just hate Lapsed.

test_account

XP-39C²
Ratchet & Clank and Uncharted sold better than i thought. The trackers have R&C at 19,491 and Uncharted at 16,914, while Famitsu 2007 sales shows R&C at 39,806 and Uncharted at 38,242. Not too bad in my opinion :)

Imabikisou has also sold quite more than the trackers shows. The trackers shows it at 20,419 while Famitsu 2007 shows it at 39,299. It almost doubled its LTD without charting in within the top 30 (or maybe not withing the top 50 as well?).

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/845/845026p2.html

It was sorta the same with Elebits for Wii i remember. It did pretty poor the first week (only 6,505), but ended up selling 62,896 (as far as the trackers goes atleast) :)

Ratchet & Clank is still devastatingly bad for that series. Like, it's nice to see we were off and they've sold twice what we all thought, but heck, if NiGHTS sold twice what we thought I would still think it was selling pretty fucking badly.

ethelred

test_account said:
Ratchet & Clank and Uncharted sold better than i thought. The trackers have R&C at 19,491 and Uncharted at 16,914, while Famitsu 2007 sales shows R&C at 39,806 and Uncharted at 38,242. Not too bad in my opinion :)

Imabikisou has also sold quite more than the trackers shows. The trackers shows it at 20,419 while Famitsu 2007 shows it at 39,299. It almost doubled its LTD without charting in within the top 30 (or maybe not withing the top 50 as well?).

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/845/845026p2.html

It was sorta the same with Elebits for Wii i remember. It did pretty poor the first week (only 6,505), but ended up selling 62,896 (as far as the trackers goes atleast) :)

The sales still aren't that good. And I'll be interested in seeing if a more credible source confirms those numbers, as they definitely didn't chart on the top 100 with sub-40k in sales.

Terrell

Segata Sanshiro said:
We don't hate lapsed gamers. We just hate Lapsed.
Really? And here I thought I was on a slippery slope to becoming a non-gamer... and they're killing gaming, doncha know,
And all this talk of NiGHTS bombing can be summed up with an old saying: strike while the iron's hot. Allowing this franchise to fade and disappear into utter obscurity is probably the worst thing Sega could have done for its future potential. When they decide to ressurect Jet Set Radio 15 years from now and wonder why it only sold 5 copies, as sad of a day that will be for me, I won't even bat an eyelash.

APerfectCircle said:
hah thanks, although i'm not really good at reading that... meant more in the vain of... Wii Fit is at 1.1 million-ish, so what were the other two at when at the same week in their life cycle (IE, week 5 or however long its been :)
thanks!
Just tweaking the URL he gave a bit and making it use "day mode" instead of "date mode", here are the numbers through 1 year. Though note that the last number for Wii Fit is as of Famitsu's Top 30 from the week of December 17-23.

Terrell said:
Really? And here I thought I was on a slippery slope to becoming a non-gamer... and they're killing gaming, doncha know,
And all this talk of NiGHTS bombing can be summed up with an old saying: strike while the iron's hot. Allowing this franchise to fade and disappear into utter obscurity is probably the worst thing Sega could have done for its future potential. When they decide to ressurect Jet Set Radio 15 years from now and wonder why it only sold 5 copies, as sad of a day that will be for me, I won't even bat an eyelash.
NiGHTS still should have sold more. It sold worse than even the lowest of lowball expectations around here.

Vinnk

apujanata said:
Nice report Vinnk.

Any Fire Emblem game ?

I am a little bit surprised that Wii Fit is sold out in your town. I thought that since your town is small, there is possibility that Wii Fit is not sold out. Did your fiance or her mother have that game yet ?

Big surprise that SSBB has no ads. As others have mentioned, since there is a ton of gameplay element in it, there is no wory that there will be used game floating around 2 months after launch. Can you tell me if that belief is correct or not, based on your recollection of what happened during SSBM launch year.

Fire Emblem Dropped in price but not as much. It sells for 3000 or 3500 yen. I can’t remember which.

The problem with small towns is that reorders can sometimes take longer or not be as big. For example the reorder on Dragon Quest Joker took forever to get to my town while reports were in that Osaka and Tokyo were seeing copies. But for games that are more hardcore popular, it might be sold out in the big cities but still have plenty of copies in the smaller areas. Neither my Fiancée nor I have WiiFit yet. The day I had some extra money it was sold out and when it is in stock I never seem to have any extra money. I’ll probably get it as a birthday present.

Yeah, I was in Japan (Nagasaki specifically) during the Gamecube and Smash Bros. launch. SSBM itself didn’t have much advertising. However it was a very near launch title so ever ad spread for gamecube featured the game prominently. Gamecube was seen to many as “the purple box that you can get Smash Bros. for” At least that is what I thought at the time. The Toys r’ Us near Michino Station had a large kiosk up for it, but if I remember correctly it only went up a few days before the game came out.

I don’t think anyone needs to worry much about Smash Bros. I think it is going to be a flagship title for the entire run of the Wii just like the last one was for Gamecube. Perhaps Nintendo is just being cautious.

SpongeBob NoPants said:
Thanks for the report Vinnk. One thing though:

In the UK at least, PS3 hardware sales seemed to pick up when the 40 gig model was released. This is purely subjective, but a lot of people I know, including myself, ignored the 40 gig model and picked up a 60 gig one at that time because we realised that we had to act quickly if we wanted to play PS2 titles (or SACDs) on PS3 hardware.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 60 gig models in your country are also snapped up quickly for the same reason, possibly causing a bit of a sales spike.

Wouldn’t surprise me either. Now that the news is out it will be interesting to see if those are snapped up right away.

Terrell

Segata Sanshiro said:
NiGHTS still should have sold more. It sold worse than even the lowest of lowball expectations around here.
Yes, well, GAF once thought that PS3 would be market leader... so...... yeah.

Terrell said:
Yes, well, GAF once thought that PS3 would be market leader... so...... yeah.
Well no, a lot of people on GAF thought the PS3 would be market leader, but there were some that didn't.

The literal lowest NiGHTS estimate here (and it was delivered with a lol) was higher than NiGHTS actually managed to debut at.

Terrell

Segata Sanshiro said:
Well no, a lot of people on GAF thought the PS3 would be market leader, but there were some that didn't.

The literal lowest NiGHTS estimate here (and it was delivered with a lol) was higher than NiGHTS actually managed to debut at.
Yes, and they were Xbox 360 fans or deemed "crazy Nintards", doesn't discount that GAF's ability to predict the market (or to dictate what's best for it, for that matter) is incredibly suspect.
Let's look at Galaxy for a moment... people over-estimated debut sales, declared it a bomb, ended up choking on the game's strong holiday season legs. So yeah, wrong TWICE.

nli10

Lobster said:

Sold amazingly in the UK :D

PASSED 200,000 COPIES SOLD and is still going strong

:D Guess the Ian Wright Wright Wright TV adverts helped :D

GC only had 6 games that sold over 100k in the UK and the original strikers was not one of them.

test_account

XP-39C²
ethelred said:
The sales still aren't that good. And I'll be interested in seeing if a more credible source confirms those numbers, as they definitely didn't chart on the top 100 with sub-40k in sales.

I know, but in my opinion its not that bad. They're better than i thought atleast :)

Terrell said:
Yes, and they were Xbox 360 fans or deemed "crazy Nintards", doesn't discount that GAF's ability to predict the market (or to dictate what's best for it, for that matter) is incredibly suspect.
Let's look at Galaxy for a moment... people over-estimated debut sales, declared it a bomb, ended up choking on the game's strong holiday season legs. So yeah, wrong TWICE.
Okay, well, you aren't getting what I'm saying, so rather than labour the point, let's just say I think even with an eleven year break in the franchise, this game (and not some alternate universe version of the game that's different in some way) could have and should have sold a lot better than it did.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Terrell said:

Just answer me this- before NiGHTS released, did you expect it to debut lower than Ghost Squad? Do you think SEGA expected that?

ccbfan

Playing Joshua's website heres some data I got from Wii and PS2 first year for third parties.

The Total third party sales on the Wii is 2141408 in 45 titles

47586 is the averrage per title

23409 is the medium

The top 3rd sold a total of 1625031 with an average of 108335

The middle third sold a total of 414032 with an average of 27602

The last third sold a total of 102345 with an average of 6823

The Total third party sales of the PS2 is 7415829 in 68 titles

109056 is the average per title

32616,32036 is the medium

The top 3rd sold a total of 6285297 with an average of 285695

The middle third sold a total of 865696 with an average of 37638

The last third sold a total of 264836 with an average of 11514

I separated each list into 3 parts to separate the major sells from the mid seller to the low sellers.

As expected the major sellers of the PS2 destroys the Wii. Thats to be expected as the PS2 had higher profile games than the Wii. The PS2 sold almost 3 time per game than the Wii.

In the middle sector its more even as the PS2 per games only sold 36 percent more than the Wii per game.

In the bottom sector again PS2 blows the Wii out of the water selling 68 percent more per title.

Parl

ccbfan said:
Playing Joshua's website heres some data I got from Wii and PS2 first year for third parties.

The Total third party sales on the Wii is 2141408 in 45 titles

47586 is the averrage per title

23409 is the medium

The top 3rd sold a total of 1625031 with an average of 108335

The middle third sold a total of 414032 with an average of 27602

The last third sold a total of 102345 with an average of 6823

Is this...

1) Third party software doesn't sell on Wii?

or..

2) Third parties dropped the ball/were caught off guard with Wii?

If you think...

Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
Ennichi no Tatsujin
Naruto Shippuuden: Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX
One Piece: Unlimited Adventure
Resident Evil 4 Wii edition
Power Pro Baseball Wii
Bleach: Shattered Blade
Fishing Master

represents levels of support comparable to...

Onimusha
Ridge Racer V
Gekikuukan Pro Baseball: At the End of the Century 1999
Tekken  Tag  Tournament
Kessen
Dead or Alive 2
The Bouncer
Mobile Suit Gundam
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 7
Dynasty Warriors 2

then I guess it's #1.

felipeko

Parl said:
Is this...

or..

then I guess it's #1.
Like joshua said, 3rd party don't live in a vacuum... Nintendo 1st party is better (for most people) than Sony in the first year.. People have a choice to ignore b/c games, if they can buy an A game.

I don't know why we keep having this argument over and over.. People are buying games, and good games. If the game is Nintendo or not, is not Nintendo to blame if 3rd parties can't appeal to the plataform.
Most people don't even care/know if the game is Nintendo developed or not.

Parl

felipeko said:
Like joshua said, 3rd party don't live in a vacuum... Nintendo 1st party is better (for most people) than Sony in the first year.. People have a choice to ignore b/c games, if they can buy an A game.

I don't know why we keep having this argument over and over.. People are buying games, and good games. If the game is Nintendo or not, is not Nintendo to blame if 3rd parties can't appeal to the plataform.
Most people don't even care/know if the game is Nintendo developed or not.

I don't think many people will think that the Wii's third party lineup for the first is anywhere near that of PS2's, as PS2 was the platform third parties flocked to at the beginning and Wii isn't.

So most will consider that once/if third parties put better titles on Wii, en masse, then Wii third party software sales will adjust accordingly. It happened with DS, although it's odd how the system with the biggest software market in the world (in terms of units at least), isn't being supported any more, especially with the low development costs.

I just hope that third parties don't think that previous sales for the B or C-grade games have anything to with projecting sales for A-grade games, like many on GAF seem to think.

How do you guys define "AAA" 3rd party title for Wii? Maybe not even the developers know at this point. The problem is, they still don't fully understand exactly what kind of games Wii users are looking for, and they obviously can't just mock the success of Nintendo's 1st party titles. Some developers may be willing to make AAA titles, but they don't even know where to put their "AAA" effort in.

And do games really need to be AAA to sell on Wii? MP8 says no.

ccbfan

Parl said:
Is this...

or..

If you think...

Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
Ennichi no Tatsujin
Naruto Shippuuden: Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX
One Piece: Unlimited Adventure
Resident Evil 4 Wii edition
Power Pro Baseball Wii
Bleach: Shattered Blade
Fishing Master

represents levels of support comparable to...

Onimusha
Ridge Racer V
Gekikuukan Pro Baseball: At the End of the Century 1999
Tekken  Tag  Tournament
Kessen
Dead or Alive 2
The Bouncer
Mobile Suit Gundam
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 7
Dynasty Warriors 2

then I guess it's #1.

I agree that the PS2 had better top games than the WII. Not almost 3 times better though. Also while the series are popular now. Few of those on the PS2 list was popular when it was released on the PS2. I'd say the Wii had more "named" releases than the PS2 did since most of the PS2 releases became "named" when it was released on the PS2.

I actually don't think the top third is the worrying part for the Wii. Its the middle third and the bottom third that can make or break third parties.

Most third party aren't going to have many games in the top third. The beating its taking on the middle third of 36 percent and even worse on the bottom third of 68 percent is something that can really detter a developer. These are the games that the Wii need to capture to have a healthy and diverse library. Also success in these games are what funds the bigger games. Publushers used this type of game to test the fanbase. Failing here hurts.

Parl

ccbfan said:
I agree that the PS2 had better top games than the WII. Not almost 3 times better though. Also while the series are popular now. Few of those on the PS2 list was popular when it was released on the PS2. I'd say the Wii had more "named" releases than the PS2 did since most of the PS2 releases became "named" when it was released on the PS2.

I actually don't think the top third is the worrying part for the Wii. Its the middle third and the bottom third that can make or break third parties.

Most third party aren't going to have many games in the top third. The beating its taking on the middle third of 36 percent and even worse on the bottom third of 68 percent is something that can really detter a developer. These are the games that the Wii need to capture to have a healthy and diverse library. Also success in these games are what funds the bigger games. Publushers used this type of game to test the fanbase. Failing here hurts.
PS2 had bigger budget games than the Wii, but it also had many more games too.

I guess even if Wii had the same quality and quantity of support PS2 had in its first year, Wii's stronger first party would mean that Wii's third party sales are still lower than PS2's were, but that's only if you assume that Wii's install base wouldn't be a million or two larger by now as a result of that stronger support.

Parl

AnimeTheme said:
How do you guys define "AAA" 3rd party title for Wii? Maybe not even the developers know at this point. The problem is, they still don't fully understand exactly what kind of games Wii users are looking for, and they obviously can't just mock the success of Nintendo's 1st party titles. Some developers may be willing to make AAA titles, but they don't even know where to put their "AAA" effort in.

And do games really need to be AAA to sell on Wii? MP8 says no.
Well, I'm talking about selling power, and it's not exactly defined, it's such based on common knowledge, an extreme being that we know that Dragon Quest IX would sell better than some cheap spin-off of a franchise nobody cares about.

SMG and MP8 are both big games in terms of selling power. The quality being quite subjective. Most on here prefer SMG though.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
PSP numbers are amazing.
I'm definitely curious to see where Sony'll go with his next handheld/hi-tech gadget.

Do you people think we'll see a new iteration of PSP before PSP 2?

iidesuyo

PSP numbers are amazing.

Yes, maybe when it's all said and done, the PSP will have outsold the GBA.

I'm definitely curious to see where Sony'll go with his next handheld/hi-tech gadget.

Do you people think we'll see a new iteration of PSP before PSP 2?

I doubt we'll see a PSP 2 soon. The PSP still has a lot of potential, and better graphics would mean even higher development costs. Same for the DS.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Sony can definitely ride out the PSP for a long time if it keeps doing this well. The graphics are more than capable of keeping people happy for years to come, and firmware updates can add new functionality and improved use.

Neomoto

iidesuyo said:
Yes, maybe when it's all said and done, the PSP will have outsold the GBA.
Do people seriously believe this?

I'm sorry but even though the PSP has seen a big rise the last 2 months or so doesn't mean that it'll go on like this for years on end from here on out. Don't forget it's already 3 years old. It would have to DOUBLE it's current life time hardware totals to overcome the GBA. I don't see how the PSP has a change to come even close but that's just me. This momentum probably won't last very long, especially since it's more than lousy software situation. Of course, it could be that the PSP really isn't being bought at all for games and just for media purposes I guess, but if that's the case then why even bother comparing it to game systems. :)

basik

schuelma said:
Just answer me this- before NiGHTS released, did you expect it to debut lower than Ghost Squad? Do you think SEGA expected that?

I did...when sega had a poll on their site for what franchise gamers wanted a sequel to, i voted for virtua cop... nights won. I knew it was gonna bomb hard unless they made some major changes to how its played, which they didnt. when casuals look at nights videos they think 'wtf is going on?'...thats not good.

ethelred

Neomoto said:

I'm sorry but even though the PSP has seen a big rise the last 2 months or so doesn't mean that it'll go on like this for years on end from here on out. Don't forget it's already 3 years old. It would have to DOUBLE it's current life time hardware totals to overcome the GBA.

Considering that the PSP practically doubled its total lifetime hardware sales already in 2007, it's not such an unbelievable idea. It's hard to not be impressed by 3 million sales in a year, especially given that it got a late start in the year for its resurgence. If it manages to sell, say, four and a half million in 2008, it'll only be around six million total behind the GBA.

Neomoto said:
Of course, it could be that the PSP really isn't being bought at all for games and just for media purposes I guess, but if that's the case then why even bother comparing it to game systems. :)

Sure. And the DS is just being bought for educational software, cookbooks, navigational displays, and dictionaries, so I don't know why it's compared to other game systems either.

felipeko

ethelred said:
Sure. And the DS is just being bought for educational software, cookbooks, navigational displays, and dictionaries, so I don't know why it's compared to other game systems either.
Because the game sales?

iidesuyo said:
I doubt we'll see a PSP 2 soon. The PSP still has a lot of potential, and better graphics would mean even higher development costs. Same for the DS.

Agreed. There's no reason to launch a PSP2 right now: because the better-selling DS is already weaker than PSP, there's not much they can do to make a successor worth buying right away. And there's a lot of reason not to: with these intensely accelerated hardware sales, PSP is definitely generating a profit even without significant software sales, which should help Sony offset the losses associated with the PS3.

Really, given how well both handhelds are selling (i.e. right now, better than the consoles), there's very little reason for either company to kickstart a new handheld gen until the sales actually start to slow down.

Neomoto said:

I'm sorry but even though the PSP has seen a big rise the last 2 months or so doesn't mean that it'll go on like this for years on end from here on out. Don't forget it's already 3 years old. It would have to DOUBLE it's current life time hardware totals to overcome the GBA.

The PSP is selling much better now than it was previously and all evidence points towards it continuing to do so. If it's three years before PSP2 comes out (which, as I say above, I don't think is impossible at all) it'll absolutely beat GBA.

felipeko said:
I don't know why we keep having this argument over and over.. .

Because there's an unwillingness to even tentatively acknowledge a possible deficit in software performance on the Wii. If games like We Love Golf bombed and the Sales-Age consensus was "Well, shit, this isn't OMG DOOM or anything but this is a bad data point and we can see how a developer could use this to justify avoiding development on the Wii" there wouldn't be an argument. (It would also be nice if people gave more credence to the possibility that Japanese developers are generally choosing to rely on WW sales of PS3/X360 titles rather than move AAA franchises to the Wii.)

It's not really unusual. Any time any trend begins in sales threads, people will argue that it doesn't really exist until it becomes so incredibly obvious that it's literally impossible to do so.

ksamedi

Stll discussing the wii userbase I see. I think they are being treated unfairly because they do seem to buy lots of games but us sales age people want them to buy crap like Soul Calibur Legends and Nights 2 as well. I think whats also a little bit misleading here is that the DS userbase is huge and even C grade games can get above 20k sales on the system because of the huge userbase, the Wii is not on that level yet. I think that by the end of next year we will see some better support and a huge userbase which can even support niche or unadvertised titles.

MisterHero

charlequin said:
Because there's an unwillingness to even tentatively acknowledge a possible deficit in software performance on the Wii. If games like We Love Golf bombed and the Sales-Age consensus was "Well, shit, this isn't OMG DOOM or anything but this is a bad data point and we can see how a developer could use this to justify avoiding development on the Wii" there wouldn't be an argument. (It would also be nice if people gave more credence to the possibility that Japanese developers are generally choosing to rely on WW sales of PS3/X360 titles rather than move AAA franchises to the Wii.)

It's not really unusual. Any time any trend begins in sales threads, people will argue that it doesn't really exist until it becomes so incredibly obvious that it's literally impossible to do so.

Not every Nintendo game is a sure sale either.

Otherwise us Nintendo fans would be joygasming over Metroid Prime 3, Fire Emblem or Battalion Wars stomping [insert 3rd party game here].

Instead, us Nintendo fans are chortling over WiiFit.
Smash Bros. isn't here yet

Being older tech and increasingly cheaper to develop for, Wii can at least argue with the angle that you don't have to sell a lot to perform well.

beef3483

schuelma said:

Just out of curiousity, how much did the original NiGHTS sell?

Innotech

Banned
ksamedi said:
Stll discussing the wii userbase I see. I think they are being treated unfairly because they do seem to buy lots of games but us sales age people want them to buy crap like Soul Calibur Legends and Nights 2 as well. I think whats also a little bit misleading here is that the DS userbase is huge and even C grade games can get above 20k sales on the system because of the huge userbase, the Wii is not on that level yet. I think that by the end of next year we will see some better support and a huge userbase which can even support niche or unadvertised titles.
Hell with you, this game is quite decent.

ksamedi

Innotech said:
Hell with you, this game is quite decent.

Sorry about that, but I think that a lot of people didn't buy that game because they didn't like the original. It was one of the most overhyped games ever. I remember playing it and being hugely dissapointed.

I've got a question out of curiosity,since I dont want to make new thread and maybe some of you sales fanatics might know it.
How much profit does nintendo and sony make on their consoles/handhelds ?I know
that Sony makes a loss on the ps3 but how about the psp ,I also know that they make
approximately 8-20 $ profit for each ps2 console sold.

Innotech

Banned
Knastluder said:
I've got a question out of curiosity,since I dont want to make new thread and maybe some of you sales fanatics might know it.
How much profit does nintendo and sony make on their consoles/handhelds ?I know
that Sony makes a loss on the ps3 but how about the psp ,I also know that they make
approximately 8-20 $ profit for each ps2 console sold.
I dont think Nintendo loses a cent on the DS or Wii. Its pure profit. As for how much, Ive heard somethingl ike 50$ per Wii or something. not sure of DS.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I wonder if Mario and Sonic actually has a chance to eventually a hit a million? Obviously it has a looong way to go, but it seems to be showing signs of being a consistent seller like the Wii branded games. Still think its doubtful, but it will comfortably get above 500K.

Top Bottom