• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 12/31 - 1/6 2008

schuelma said:
I wonder if Mario and Sonic actually has a chance to eventually a hit a million? Obviously it has a looong way to go, but it seems to be showing signs of being a consistent seller like the Wii branded games. Still think its doubtful, but it will comfortably get above 500K.

I think it'll get there comfortably.

In fact, i'd go even as far to say that Sega's "4 million between Wii and DS version" will definitely come to pass.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
DeaconKnowledge said:
I think it'll get there comfortably.

In fact, i'd go even as far to say that Sega's "4 million between Wii and DS version" will definitely come to pass.

Oh I think the 4 million is an absolute lock. I think the Wii version alone could get close.

ethelred said:
Considering that the PSP practically doubled its total lifetime hardware sales already in 2007, it's not such an unbelievable idea. It's hard to not be impressed by 3 million sales in a year, especially given that it got a late start in the year for its resurgence. If it manages to sell, say, four and a half million in 2008, it'll only be around six million total behind the GBA.
If it manages that, it will have done better than any PS2 or GBA calendar year. PS2's best was ~3.8 million, GBA's ~4.2 million.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
I know it has been said before, but the PSP is a freaking monster.

With the upcoming NPD sales along with Japan the console shows the world that it continues to lead consoles by a large margin.

Sony and Nintendo must be proud of themselves because they carved and expanded the gaming market on the handheld consoles by a HUGE amount. Sony especially because when all is said and done, the console could sell 50-100 million consoles and become the most successful non Nintendo console ever.

The console must be pretty darn profitable too at this point, so it is subsidizing the PS3.

Jokeropia

Hcoregamer00 said:
With the upcoming NPD sales along with Japan the console shows the world that it continues to lead consoles by a large margin.
You mean in LTD sales? Because Wii is definitely beating PSP worldwide.
Hcoregamer00 said:
Sony and Nintendo must be proud of themselves because they carved and expanded the gaming market on the handheld consoles by a HUGE amount. Sony especially because when all is said and done, the console could sell 50-100 million consoles and become the most successful non Nintendo console ever.
PSP's expansion is kinda split between the gaming market and multimedia market though. Also, "most successful non Nintendo handheld ever" = more cause for pride than "most successful video game system ever"? :p

I don't mean to knock down on PSP (it certainly has strong hardware sales), just question your wording a bit.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Jokeropia said:
You mean in LTD sales? Because Wii is definitely beating PSP worldwide.
PSP's expansion is kinda split between the gaming market and multimedia market though. Also, "most successful non Nintendo handheld ever" = more cause for pride than "most successful video game system ever"? :p

I don't mean to knock down on PSP (it certainly has strong hardware sales), just question your wording a bit.

There is a reason why I said my wording the way it is. The most successful videogame system ever will likely be the DS. It is outpacing the PS2 and by the time it hits the PS2's lifetime it will likely eclipse the console by a huge amount (the Gameboy doesn't count because most of the sales numbers add both GB and GBC).

The writing was on the wall when the DS sold out in Japan and had massive shortages in Japan. The reason why I can't say that the PSP wont become the highest selling console ever is because it wont become the highest selling console ever, so the best way to put what the PSP could do is to say "It is the best selling non-nintendo handheld console" because it is the best Sony can do.

I agree with you that the PSP's market is split between gaming and multimedia, but isn't that what Sony intended originally? They wanted the PSP to be a walkman of sorts.

nli10

Hcoregamer00 said:
The console must be pretty darn profitable too at this point, so it is subsidizing the PS3.

I always thought that was kind of Sony's main reason for the PSP - smoothing out the profit and loss curves caused by console generations while spoiling the Nintendo DSs party.

It just seems that consoles are taking 12 months longer to take off than Sony planned!

Terrell

schuelma said:
Just answer me this- before NiGHTS released, did you expect it to debut lower than Ghost Squad? Do you think SEGA expected that?
I think, given the situation Sega put themselves in, they have no right to expect anything.
The game, since not being present for 10 years and originally released on a dying console, is for all intents and purposes a "new" IP again, aimed and appealed to gamers such as US, who originally shit all over it at every open opportunity.
So, "new" IP + bad initial consumer response + release in brand-concentrated holiday season is now supposed to = good to decent sales? We must be watching two very different industries altogether.
Besides, 3rd-party expectations are almost never met, unless you're Capcom or Square Enix, and that's usually because they low-ball their expectations considerably.

Hcoregamer00 said:
I agree with you that the PSP's market is split between gaming and multimedia, but isn't that what Sony intended originally? They wanted the PSP to be a walkman of sorts.

I think the point he was trying to make is that we can't look at the PSP's worldwide installed base and say "gaming did that". The PSP is selling gangbusters hardware to be sure, but to claim it was on the strength of the gaming library alone is a falsehood.

Jokeropia

Hcoregamer00 said:
There is a reason why I said my wording the way it is. The most successful videogame system ever will likely be the DS. It is outpacing the PS2 and by the time it hits the PS2's lifetime it will likely eclipse the console by a huge amount (the Gameboy doesn't count because most of the sales numbers add both GB and GBC).
Right, that's my point. Since this IMO is a greater achievement than being the "most successful non Nintendo handheld ever" I don't see why Sony should be "especially proud" and Nintendo not. Just the wording really.

test_account

XP-39C²
I dont think he said that Nintendo shouldnt be proud, because they really should be considering what they have achieved. But Nintendo has always been the company within handheld systems. Others have tried as well, but they havnt really manage to get it "out there" if you know what i mean. Sony seems to be the only one who have managed this (besides Nintendo of course), thats why they should be especially proud because of this :)

jarrod

Banned
PSP's turned it fortunes recently but let's not get ahead of ourselves... given the significant branding, almost unanimous industry wide support (and even beyond, remeber the "Hollywood UMD" days?), bleeding edge technology and insanely low price tag (given all that), I'm not sure Sony should be especially "proud" of PSP. Yeah, it did what no other non-Nintendo handheld has to this point (breaking that 20m barrier), but considering what it was expected and positioned to do, with the sort of push and endorsement it got, and the inheret advantages it had... well, it really should've done better. C+.

sphinx

the piano man
Hcoregamer00 said:
I know it has been said before, but the PSP is a freaking monster.

In addition to this, I liked to say I am very proud of the handhelds, DS and PSP are 2 gorgeous pieces of hardware and both offer superb games all while the entry cost isn't an eye and a leg.

so far the world agrees that handhelds>>>>>>>Home consoles. There is a reason for that, more than mere coincidence.

One thing I also like of the handhelds is that it is a 2-part rivalry so there is place for both to coexist. For this same reason, I think the SNES - GEN was the healthiest generation of the last 5.

I don't think there is place for 3 contenders in the market, there is always one that fails miserably, as the saturn, the gamecube and PS3 can testify.

test_account

XP-39C²
jarrod said:
PSP's turned it fortunes recently but let's not get ahead of ourselves... given the significant branding, almost unanimous industry wide support (and even beyond, remeber the "Hollywood UMD" days?), bleeding edge technology and insanely low price tag (given all that), I'm not sure Sony should be especially "proud" of PSP. Yeah, it did what no other non-Nintendo handheld has to this point (breaking that 20m barrier), but considering what it was expected and positioned to do, with the sort of push and endorsement it got, and the inheret advantages it had... well, it really should've done better. C+.

I wonder what caused it. Was is its price (more expencive than DS), the lack of must have games (especially casual/main stream games) or simply that it wasnt a Nintendo system. I would guess a mix for all these factors.

jarrod

Banned
test_account said:
I wonder what caused it. Was is its price (more expencive than DS), the lack of must have games (especially casual/main stream games) or simply that it wasnt a Nintendo system. I would guess a mix for all these factors.
I'd say the PS2esque design ethos more than anything... simply put the market shifted and conceptully, PSP's a backwards looking games platform.

PSP's got an insanely low price given what you get, it's gotten huge gaming brand exclusives like Final Fantasy, GTA, Metal Gear and others and (rather significantly) it's a PlayStation. Value, software and brand isn't the problem here, if anything PSP had more of an advantage in these areas initially than DS....

jarrod

Banned
Anyway... to get some different discourse rolling, here's the upcoming Q1 console lineups so far... I've bolded some of the more notable releases..

Wii
01.17 Caduceus: New Blood (Atlus)
01.17 Sonic Riders: Shooting Star Story (SEGA)
01.24 Dairantou Smash Brothers X (Nintendo)
01.31 Family Ski (Namco)

01.31 Need for Speed ProStreet (Electronic Arts)
02.07 Major Wii Nagero! Gyroball (Takara Tomy)
02.07 Oneechanbara Revolution (D3 Publisher)
02.14 Medal of Honor Heroes 2 (Electronic Arts)
02.14 Medal of Honor Heroes 2 w/Wii Zapper (Electronic Arts)
02.14 WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2008 (THQ)
02.21 Miburi and Teburi (SEGA)
02.21 World Soccer Winning Eleven Play Maker 2008 (Konami)
02.28 Choro Q Wii (Takara Tomy)
02.28 Fushigi no Dungeon: Furai no Shiren 3: Karakuri Yashiki no Nemuri Hime (SEGA)
02.28 Simple Wii Series Vol. 5: The Block Kuzushi (D3 Publisher)
02.28 Simple Wii Series Vol. 6: The Wai Wai Combat (D3 Publisher)
02.28 Uchi Tsuri! Sega Bass Fishing (SEGA)
02.28 Zenkoku Dekotora Matsuri (Jaleco)
03.06 Family Jockey (Namco)
03.06 Guitar Hero: Legends of Rock (ActiVision)
03.06 Playground: Kouen de Asobou! (Electronic Arts)
03.13 Baroque for Wii (Sting)
03.13 Nobunaga no Yabou: Kakushin with Power-Up Kit (Koei)
03.13 Nobunaga no Yabou: Kakushin with Power-Up Kit: Twin Pack w/San Goku Shi 11 (Koei)
03.13 Transformers (ActiVision)
03.13 Winning Post 7 Maximum 2008 (Koei)
03.19 Bomberman Land Wii: The Best (Hudson)
03.19 Deca Sporta: Wii de Sports 10 Shumoku! (Hudson)
03.19 Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 4 (Koei)
03.19 Spider-Man 3 (ActiVision)
03.19 The House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return (SEGA)
03.19 The House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return w/Wii Zapper (SEGA)

03.20 Ninja Reflex (Electronic Arts)
03.27 Karous Wii (MileStone)
03.27 Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (ActiVision)
03.27 Lyra no Bouken: Ougon no Rashinban (SEGA)
03.27 Nitrobike (Ubisoft)
03.27 Osouji Sentai Clean Keeper (Lupinus)
03.27 Osouji Sentai Clean Keeper: Limited Edition (Lupinus)
03.27 Pro Yakyuu Family Stadium (Namco)

03.27 Tomb Raider: Anniversary (Spike)
03.31 Star Soldier R (Hudson)

PlayStation 3
01.24 Drift Nights: Juiced 2 (THQ)
01.31 Assassin's Creed (Ubisoft)
01.31 Devil May Cry 4 (Capcom)
01.31 Devil May Cry 4: Premium BD Pack Ceramic White (Capcom)
01.31 Devil May Cry 4: Premium BD Pack Clear Black (Capcom)
01.31 Makai Senki Disgaea 3 (NIS)
01.31 Makai Senki Disgaea 3: First Print Limited Edition (NIS)

01.31 Sega Rally Revo (SEGA)
02.07 Transformers (ActiVision)
02.21 Burnout Paradise (Electronic Arts)
02.21 Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (Capcom)
02.21 Stuntman: Ignition (THQ)
03.06 Dark Sector (D3 Publisher)
03.06 Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan! (SEGA)[b/]
03.19 Armored Core: For Answer (From Software)
03.19 Army of Two (Electronic Arts)
03.19 Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions of WWII (Ubisoft)
03.19 Skate (Electronic Arts)
03.27 Battlefield: Bad Company (Electronic Arts)

Xbox 360
01.17 Drift Nights: Juiced 2 (THQ)
01.31 Devil May Cry 4: Premium Pack (Capcom)

01.31 Sega Rally Revo (SEGA)
02.07 Battlestations: Midway (Spike)
02.21 BioShock (Spike)
02.21 Burnout Paradise (Electronic Arts)
02.28 Call of Juarez (Ubisoft)
02.28 The Idolmaster: Live for You! (Namco)
02.28 The Idolmaster: Live for You! w/Original Anime DVD (Namco)

03.06 Dark Sector (D3 Publisher)
03.06 Riot Act: Platinum Collection (MGS)
03.06 Saints Row: Platinum Collection (THQ)
03.06 Senko no Ronde: Platinum Collection (G.Rev)
03.06 Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas: Platinum Collection (Ubisoft)
03.19 Armored Core: For Answer (From Software)
03.19 Army of Two (Electronic Arts)
03.19 Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions of WWII (Ubisoft)
03.19 Skate (Electronic Arts)
03.27 Battlefield: Bad Company (Electronic Arts)
03.27 Raiden Fighters Aces (Success)

Off topic, is there a Japanese release date for Advance Wars: Days of Ruin? The release lists I've seen only have Q1 2008 down, but nothing specific.

</ds list wars>

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Jarrod said:
03.13 Nobunaga no Yabou: Kakushin with Power-Up Kit: Twin Pack w/San Goku Shi 11 (Koei)

01.31 Devil May Cry 4: Premium BD Pack Ceramic White (Capcom)
01.31 Devil May Cry 4: Premium BD Pack Clear Black (Capcom)
01.31 Makai Senki Disgaea 3 (NIS)
01.31 Makai Senki Disgaea 3: First Print Limited Edition (NIS)

01.31 Devil May Cry 4: Premium Pack (Capcom)

02.28 The Idolmaster: Live for You! (Namco)
02.28 The Idolmaster: Live for You! w/Original Anime DVD (Namco)
03.06 Riot Act: Platinum Collection (MGS)
03.06 Saints Row: Platinum Collection (THQ)
03.06 Senko no Ronde: Platinum Collection (G.Rev)
03.06 Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas: Platinum Collection (Ubisoft)

oh you know you can't do that

jarrod said:
Anyway... to get some different discourse rolling, here's the upcoming Q1 console lineups so far... I've bolded some of the more notable releases..

Wii
01.17 Caduceus: New Blood (Atlus)
01.17 Sonic Riders: Shooting Star Story (SEGA)
01.24 Dairantou Smash Brothers X (Nintendo)
01.31 Family Ski (Namco)

02.07 Major Wii Nagero! Gyroball (Takara Tomy)
02.07 Oneechanbara Revolution (D3 Publisher)
02.21 Miburi and Teburi (SEGA)
02.21 World Soccer Winning Eleven Play Maker 2008 (Konami)
02.28 Choro Q Wii (Takara Tomy)
02.28 Fushigi no Dungeon: Furai no Shiren 3: Karakuri Yashiki no Nemuri Hime (SEGA)
02.28 Simple Wii Series Vol. 5: The Block Kuzushi (D3 Publisher)
02.28 Simple Wii Series Vol. 6: The Wai Wai Combat (D3 Publisher)
02.28 Uchi Tsuri! Sega Bass Fishing (SEGA)
02.28 Zenkoku Dekotora Matsuri (Jaleco)
03.06 Family Jockey (Namco)
03.06 Playground: Kouen de Asobou! (Electronic Arts)
03.13 Baroque for Wii (Sting)
03.13 Transformers (ActiVision)
03.19 Bomberman Land Wii: The Best (Hudson)
03.19 Deca Sporta: Wii de Sports 10 Shumoku! (Hudson)
03.19 Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 4 (Koei)
03.19 Spider-Man 3 (ActiVision)

03.20 Ninja Reflex (Electronic Arts)
03.27 Karous Wii (MileStone)
03.27 Nitrobike (Ubisoft)
03.27 Pro Yakyuu Family Stadium (Namco)

03.31 Star Soldier R (Hudson)
Holy shit the Wii is packed full of shit. SSBB needs a super bold to separate it from the rest.

D.Lo

ethelred said:
Sure. And the DS is just being bought for educational software, cookbooks, navigational displays, and dictionaries, so I don't know why it's compared to other game systems either.
So petty.

Even if you take away all the sales of those (true non-game) titles, the DS has still sold over 80 million games. 64 million more then PSP. Even if you take out all training games as well, they only add up to about another 10 million, so the DS has still sold 70 million 'games'. 54 million more then the PSP (and the PSPs ninth best selling game is a training game too).

Heck, as soon as Smash is released Wii total software sales will surpass PSPs. In a third the time. Even if you don't count 'non games' Wii Fit, BBA and Wii Play Wii software sales will surpass PSPs only a couple of months after that.

Deku

Banned
I really don't know what you guys are bickering about. SSBM is something I could care less about, but to be absolutely fair there's certainly a derth of quality titles coming out for any console in Japan. The PS3's lineup is just as terrible with fewer games, although that may be seen as a plus (can less shovelware but nothing to compesate for it ever be a positive?)

Portables is where the game is, and until I get my Wii Music non game, I'll continue not buying any Wii games.

Deku said:
I really don't know what you guys are bickering about. SSBM is something I could care less about, but to be absolutely fair there's certainly a derth of quality titles coming out for any console in Japan. The PS3's lineup is just as terrible with fewer games, although that may be seen as a plus (can less shovelware but nothing to compesate for it ever be a positive?)

Portables is where the game is, and until I get my Wii Music non game, I'll continue not buying any Wii games.
You are despicable.

Lobster

Banned
ethelred said:
I was just thinking that the bolding needs to come off of it entirely.

Why? The bolding isn't about quality.

Defuser said:
It didn't help ghost squad.

Ghost Squad sold very well for a light gun port..Time Crisis 4 will wish to hit numbers like Ghost Squad did.

edit:This isn't Japanese but it has to do with Ghost Squad.

pic3342popupks7.jpg
pic3343popuppu5.jpg
pic3341popupww2.jpg

When did SEGA get so good at marketing? Looks like they're trying to push the game in Europe.

Lobster said:
Ghost Squad sold very well for a light gun port..Time Crisis 4 will wish to hit numbers like Ghost Squad did.
Ghost Squad first week - 16,207
Time Crisis 4 first week - ~20,000

Keep the bullshit to a minimum please

Lobster

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Ghost Squad first week - 16,207
Time Crisis 4 first week - ~20,000

Keep the bullshit to a minimum please

Last we heard of Ghost Squad it had hit over 40,000. Last we heard of Time Crisis???

Ps3 games don't have very long legs.

Lobster said:
Last we heard of Ghost Squad it had hit over 40,000. Last we heard of Time Crisis???

A) No, it was lower, 37,588

B) Last we heard was its first week where it didn't even reach top30 due to being out in the biggest weeks of the year. It has been out for 3 weeks. Could have done far better that Ghost Squad and you still wouldn't see it because it can't make top50 with those numbers in those weeks.

Again, keep the bullshit to a minimum

Lobster

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:

B) Last we heard was its first week where it didn't even reach top30 due to being out in the biggest weeks of the year. It has been out for 3 weeks. Could have done far better that Ghost Squad and you still wouldn't see it because it can't make top50 with those numbers in those weeks.

Well we're just going to have to wait till we get those numbers won't we?

I'd even take a months ban bet that Ghost Squad sold better than Time Crisis 4.

Dalthien

Kurosaki Ichigo said:

Actually, it was 45k - Chart is here

45,000 Ghost Squad (Sega) (10/25/07) - rounded off through Dec 2/07 (MC)

But your main point still stands.

Lobster said:
Well we're just going to have to wait till we get those numbers won't we?

I'd even take a months ban bet that Ghost Squad sold better than Time Crisis 4.
I wouldn't since it has probably done, and by the time we hear about it (2007 Top500) it'll be June or July and in that report Time Crisis 4 will have 2 weeks (or 3 at most) counted.

Dalthien said:
Actually, it was 45k - Chart is here

45,000 Ghost Squad (Sega) (10/25/07) - rounded off through Dec 2/07 (MC)

But your point still stands.
Yeah, but thats MC and I can't draw a comparison since there isn't MC data for Time Crisis 4.

There is some Famitsu number more updated for Ghost Squad which has it over 40k too, but we haven't heard about it here yet though.

Lobster

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
I wouldn't since it has probably done, and by the time we hear about it (2007 Top500) it'll be June or July and in that report Time Crisis 4 will have 2 weeks (or 3 at most) counted.

Yeah, but thats MC and I can't draw a comparison since there isn't MC data for Time Crisis 4.

There is some Famitsu number more updated for Ghost Squad which has it over 40k too, but we haven't heard about it here yet though.

What do you mean by here?

As in a SEGA announcement or in NA?

test_account

XP-39C²
Lobster said:

The last we heard from Uncharted, Ratchet and Imabikisou was 19.491, 16.914 and 20.419. IGN reported the top 20 PS3 titles and here Uncharted is at 38.242, Ratchet is at 39.806 and Imabikisou is at 39.299. All 3 games have about doubled their LTDs after they went of the charts so you can agrue about how long legs they have.

Time Crisis 4 is not on that list so it means that it would have sold less than 38.242, but it could just as well be around 35k for all we know.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/845/845026p2.html

EDIT: The numbers are from Famitsu btw.

Lobster said:
What do you mean by here?

As in a SEGA announcement or in NA?
No, I mean there is a Famitsu chart we haven't seen here yet. Monthly November one, which updates Ghost Squad two weeks more than the latest data posted here, which is from the 11/12-11/18 week.

Lobster

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
No, I mean there is a Famitsu chart we haven't seen here yet. Monthly November one, which updates Ghost Squad two weeks more than the latest data posted here, which is from the 11/12-11/18 week.

Oh right.

So the only way we'll ever know is if Famitsu does release that data or if SEGA and Namco release data.

I still think Ghost Squad > Time Crisis.

Vinnk

BishopLamont said:
My bets on Ghost squad beating Time Crisis in LTD. Bigger userbase, other zapper games should give it the advantage.

Neither of them will sell amazing. But I bet SEGA is less disappointed with the sales than Namco.

First week data

PS Time Crisis: Project Titan (26 April 2001) - 15,585
PS2 Time Crisis 2 (w/ GunCon2) (4 October 2001) - 49,490
PS2 Time Crisis 2 (8 November 2001) - famitsu data missing in action
PS2 Gunvari Collection + Time Crisis (12 December 2002) - didn't chart in top30 (<8184 then)
PS2 Gunvari Collection + Time Crisis (w/GunCon2) (12 December 2002) - didn't chart in top30 (<8184 then)
PS2 Time Crisis 3 (20 November 2003) - 12,982
PS2 Time Crisis 3 (w/GunCon2) (20 November 2003) - didn't chart in top30 (<4090 then)

PS3 Time Crisis 4 (w/GunCon3) (20 December 2007) - didn't chart in top30 (<23000, thanks to 2ch-sinobi, ~20000)

Jokeropia

test_account said:
I dont think he said that Nintendo shouldnt be proud, because they really should be considering what they have achieved. But Nintendo has always been the company within handheld systems. Others have tried as well, but they havnt really manage to get it "out there" if you know what i mean. Sony seems to be the only one who have managed this (besides Nintendo of course), thats why they should be especially proud because of this :)
I understand what he meant, but I still disagree. Maybe if DS and PSP had been equally successful Sony should've been extra proud, but that's nowhere near the case.

Top50 Famitsu for December is in

Code:
Wii Fit
1 	Wii 	Nintendo 	12/1/07 	$8,800 	Other 	818,166
Mario Party DS
2 	DS 	Nintendo 	11/8/07 	$4,800 	Board/Act 	778,983
Layton Kyoju to Akuma no Hako
3 	DS 	LEVEL-5 	11/29/07 	$4,800 	Adv 	615,338
Dragon Quest IV: Michibikareshi Monotachi
4 	DS 	SQUARE ENIX 	11/22/07 	$5,490 	RPG 	451,090
Final Fantasy IV
5 	DS 	SQUARE ENIX 	12/20/07 	$5,980 	RPG 	447,087
SD Gundam G Generation Spirits
6 	PS2 	NAMCO BANDAI Games 	11/29/07 	$7,140 	Sim 	343,807
Wii Sports
7 	Wii 	Nintendo 	12/2/06 	$4,800 	Act 	339,079
Super Mario Galaxy
8 	Wii 	Nintendo 	11/1/07 	$5,800 	Act 	332,193
Hajimete no Wii Wii Play
9 	Wii 	Nintendo 	12/2/06 	$4,800 	Other 	309,452
Mario & Sonic at Bejing Olympic Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
10 	Wii 	Nintendo 	11/22/07 	$5,800 	Act 	296,047
World Soccer Winning Eleven 2008 Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2008
11 	PS2 	KONAMI 	11/22/07 	$6,930 	Act 	239,790
Super Robot Taisen OG Gaiden
12 	PS2 	BANPRESTO 	12/27/07 	$6,090 	Sim 	198,539
Pokemon Fushigi no Dungeon: Toki no Tankentai/Yami no Tankentai
13 	DS 	Pokemon 	9/13/07 	$4,800 	RPG 	191,691
Tales of Innocence
14 	DS 	NAMCO BANDAI Games 	12/6/07 	$6,090 	RPG 	178,399
Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes
15 	PS2 	CAPCOM 	11/29/07 	$5,480 	Act 	176,562
Minna no Golf Portable 2
16 	PSP 	SCEJ (SONY) 	12/6/07 	$4,980 	Act 	165,168
Power Pro-kun Pocket 10
17 	DS 	KONAMI 	12/6/07 	$5,229 	Act/Sim 	158,474
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Blu-ray Disc Version
18 	PS3 	SCEJ (SONY) 	12/13/07 	$4,980 	Simu 	158,376
Mario Party 8
19 	Wii 	Nintendo 	7/26/07 	$5,800 	Board/Act 	157,267
Mario Kart DS
20 	DS 	Nintendo 	12/8/05 	$4,800 	Act 	142,720
Ryusei no Rockman 2: Berserk x Dinosaur/Berserk x Shinobi
21 	DS 	CAPCOM 	11/22/07 	$5,040 	Act/RPG 	141,477
Naruto: Shippu-den Narutimate Accel 2
22 	PS2 	NAMCO BANDAI Games 	12/20/07 	$6,800 	Act 	124,596
Star Ocean: The First Departure
23 	PSP 	SQUARE ENIX 	12/27/07 	$5,040 	RPG 	115,280
Dorabase: Dramatic Stadium
24 	DS 	NAMCO BANDAI Games 	12/20/07 	$5,040 	Act 	114,748
Monster Hunter Portable 2nd Monster Hunter Freedom 2
25 	PSP 	CAPCOM 	2/22/07 	$5,229 	Act 	113,992
New Super Mario Bros.
26 	DS 	Nintendo 	5/25/06 	$4,800 	Act 	100,866
Kodai Ouja KyoryuKing: 7-tsu no Kakera Dinosaur King - 7 Pieces
27 	DS 	SEGA 	11/22/07 	$5,040 	Card/RPG 	94,410
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters World Championship 2008 Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2008
28 	DS 	KONAMI 	11/29/07 	$5,229 	Card 	91,970
Lost Odyssey
29 	XB360 	Microsoft 	12/6/07 	$7,140 	RPG 	91,177
Taiko no Tatsujin DS: Touch de Dokodon!
30 	DS 	NAMCO BANDAI Games 	7/26/07 	$5,040 	Act 	83,302
Layton Kyoju to Fushigi na Machi Professor Layton and the Curious Village
31 	DS 	LEVEL-5 	2/15/07 	$4,800 	Adv 	82,443
BioHazard: Umbrella Chronicles Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
32 	Wii 	CAPCOM 	11/15/07 	$7,340 	Sht 	78,584
Ganbaru Watashi no Kakei Diary
33 	DS 	Nintendo 	7/12/07 	$3,800 	Other 	73,467
Chocobo no Fushigi na Dungeon: Toki Wasure no Meikyu Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon: The Labyrinth of Lost Time
34 	Wii 	SQUARE ENIX 	12/13/07 	$6,800 	RPG 	72,710
Tamagotchi no Puchi-Puchi Omisecchi Mina-San-Kyu!
35 	DS 	NAMCO BANDAI Games 	9/27/07 	$5,040 	Sim 	72,474
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yakusoku
36 	PSP 	NAMCO BANDAI Games 	12/27/07 	$5,040 	Adv 	70,865
Oide yo Dobutsu no Mori Animal Crossing: Wild World
37 	DS 	Nintendo 	11/23/05 	$4,800 	Other 	70,182
Kosoku Card Battle Card Hero
38 	DS 	Nintendo 	12/20/07 	$4,800 	Card 	68,016
Yusha no Kuse ni Namaiki da.
39 	PSP 	SCEJ (SONY) 	12/6/07 	$3,980 	Sim 	66,207
Ryu ga Gotoku 2 [PlayStation 2 the Best] Yakuza 2
40 	PS2 	SEGA 	12/6/07 	null,890 	Act/Adv 	65,057
Zaidan Hojin Nihon Kanji Noryoku Kentei Kyokai Koshiki Soft: 250-man-nin no KanKen Shin Tokoton Kanji-nou 47,000 + Joyo-Kanji Jiten Yoji-Jukugo Jiten
41 	DS 	IE Institute 	11/1/07 	$2,940 	Other 	64,563
Wantame Music Channel: Dokodemo Style
42 	DS 	CAPCOM 	11/22/07 	$6,090 	Card/Act 	64,302
Miru Chikara wo Jissen de Kitaeru: DS Mejikara Training Flash Focus: Vision Training in Minutes a Day
43 	DS 	Nintendo 	5/31/07 	$3,800 	Other 	62,745
Yes! PreCure 5
44 	DS 	NAMCO BANDAI Games 	11/29/07 	$5,040 	Act 	61,471
Nep League DS
45 	DS 	JALECO 	12/6/07 	$3,990 	Quiz 	61,163
Kirarin Revolution: Tsukutte MiseCiao! KimeKira Stage
46 	DS 	KONAMI 	12/13/07 	$5,229 	Sim 	60,575
Pocket Monster Diamond/Pearl
47 	DS 	Pokemon 	9/28/06 	$4,800 	RPG 	59,780
Naruto: Shippu-den Gekito Ninja Taisen! EX 2
48 	Wii 	TAKARATOMY 	11/29/07 	$6,800 	Act 	58,372
Jikkyo Powerful Pro Yakyu 14 Ketteiban