• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 2/19 - 2/25

Tabris

AniHawk said:
Well it's pretty good for a dead system, at any rate.

Yeah, it definitely did beat a non-gamer system for best third party sales in the first week... you know, at any rate.

By the way, this is me not taking you seriousely :p

cvxfreak

Tabris said:
Yeah, it definitely did beat the non-gamer system for best third party sales in the first week... you know, at any rate.

It's a great record, but DQIX is going to demolish it. So cherish the record for the next few months. :)

:lol That was some major ownage back when Love and Berry was released.

Tabris

cvxfreak said:
It's a great record, but DQIX is going to demolish it. So cherish the record for the next few months. :)

I will!

kutaragi_psp.jpg

I can't believe Naruto came within 3k of VF5's first week...

Well, that aside, great numbers all around. Gotta be a lot of happy campers at the game companies in Japan this week.

AniHawk

Tabris said:
Yeah, it definitely did beat a non-gamer system for best third party sales in the first week... you know, at any rate.

People take me seriously?

Jammy

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:
I can't believe Naruto came within 3k of VF5's first week...

Well, that aside, great numbers all around. Gotta be a lot of happy campers at the game companies in Japan this week.

Naruto Wii will outsell Virtua Fighter 5 in the long run (or short run, actually), sadly. I give it three more weeks.

Jammy said:
Naruto Wii will outsell Virtua Fighter 5 in the long run (or short run, actually), sadly. I give it three more weeks.

Yeah, the userbase difference essentially ensures it. Still kind of weird to think about.

Yamauchi

Banned
Best third party sales in a week. :lol They'll go for anything, won't they?

Also, it's nice that 4 Wii titles are in the Top 10. The new generation has finally arrived in Japan.

sphinx

the piano man
will people just quit with the stupid 3rd party vs 1st party software sales arguments?

Good games that have good marketing and appeal SELL BIG on ANY console, regardless of the publisher.

Square Enix has a couple million sellers, Namco-Bandai has at least 1 on the DS.

The fact that DS has like 15 million sellers and PSP only 2 only proves that DS is a more viable platform if you want big sales, period. There's no way to spin that.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Last year:

1. PS2 Sengoku Musou 2 327,298 NEW
2. PS2 Genso SuikodenV 135,289 NEW
3. PS2 Disgaea 2 - 104,059 NEW
4. NDS Brain Training 2 64,298 (1,342,757)
5. NDS Animal Crossing DS 56,806 (1,957,677)
6. PS2 Monster Hunter 2 - 54,358 (416,531)
7. PSP Initial D 51,144 NEW
8. NDS English Training 44,877 (521,572)
9. NDS Brain Training 36,723 (1,590,760)
10. PS2 Clannad 28,986 NEW

11. PSP Monster Hunter Portable
12. PS2 Devil May Cry 3 SE NEW
13. NDS Mario Kart DS
14. GBA Yugioh Expert 2006 NEW
15. GCN Baten Kaitos 2 NEW
16. PSP Gensou Suikoden 1&2 NEW
17. PSP Monster Kingdom NEW
18. PS2 Winning Eleven 9 Bonus Pack
19. NDS Eye Shield 21
20. NDS Yawaraka Atamajuku
21. NDS Master Your Right Brain! Mistake Museum
22. PS2 Full House Kiss 2 NEW
23. PSP Namco Museum 2 PSP NEW
24. PS2 Bleach PS2
25. NDS Tamagotchi DS
26. PS2 Kinniku Man NEW
27. NDS Daredemo Asobi Taisen
28. GBA Yugioh World Championship 2006 NEW
29. GCN Super Mario Strikers
30. NDS Mario & Luigi RPG 2

DS - 47,462
PSP - 31,742
PS2 - 24,104
GBASP - 4,964
GBM - 3,175
GC - 1,836
Xbox360 - 1,203
GBA - 113
Xbox - 61

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88707

fresquito

sphinx said:
will people just quit with the stupid 3rd party vs 1st party software sales arguments?

Good games that have good marketing and appeal SELL BIG on ANY console, regardless of the publisher.

Square Enix has a couple million sellers, Namco-Bandai has at least 1 on the DS.

The fact that DS has like 15 million sellers and PSP only 2 only proves that DS is a more viable platform if you want big sales, period. There's no way to spin that.
Are you new to this place?

Jesus, Nintendo. If you keep owning the top 10, some company is going to nail you with an anti-trust suit. Share some more of those spots, goodness!

Defuser

sphinx said:
15 million sellers of non games AMIRITE?

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Defuser said:
15 million sellers of non games AMIRITE?

Japan is dead, America is the last bastion of true games.

Europe has Singstar and that buzzing game, they are almost there too.

Am I getting close to Fanboy Level?

Finn

This is my first MC thread, and I feel like I should revel in all its fanboy glory.

And now that I'm done doing that, good to see Wii having four titles up in the top 10, along with a few DS games as well. No surprise, of course, but still good to see.

Amazing for MPH2, though we'll have to see if it has legs. I'd reckon that it'll reach million seller status in either a week or two.

Monk said:
Has there really been any real big third party games on the DS that is not a remake or side game?

Tamagotchi, if that counts. Love and Berry. But really, under those qualifications there hasn't even been a real big any-party PSP game that meets the criteria. This industry is the master of the sequelitis.

Top Bottom