• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 3/12 - 3/18

D.Lo

moku said:
It's like nothing else exists in Japan except for Nintendo. What the hell is there to discuss anymore? Legs? I'm sick of ****ing legs.

Where the hel are the new PS3 releases? Was anything released last week? ANYTHING? I dont see how a "Stupid argument poster" has any ground to stand on this week.
Well we got a "Stupid PSP argument poster" by page 2, does that count?

EDIT: it's either sarcasm or steath trolling though

Joe Molotov

AniHawk said:
When was the last time a third party game sold 1,000,000 on the DS? MONTHS ago. Finally now, PSP games are really hitting their stride. MHP2 will be the first of many.

True, I could see Crisis Core easily outselling NSMB.

The Sphinx said:
This continued strong Capcom support can help I think. DMC isn't an insignificant series in Japan, and surely someone there will want to save a buck. Or a yen.

Is it really that strong, referring to Capcom's support? I know of RE5 and DMC4, but what's after that? Even still, the price is still going to be a concern right now to make one game a true system mover.

AniHawk

What future titles does PSP have that could sell over a million? All I could think of is Crisis Core.

FFVII: Crisis Core
FFTactics
Castlevania Rondo of Blood
Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy II
Gran Turismo

It really is THE handheld system for developers that enjoy making a profit.

Thraktor

Vinnk said:
It officially starts on April 29th, but the 28th is a saterday. Anyway, around that time.

So that leaves 5 more weeks of shortages, if Nintendo really is holding back stock. Add that to these two weeks, at 25,000 a week, and they could have an extra 175,000 Wiis (on top of usual production) to throw on the shelves between the week ending the 29th and the week ending the 6th of May. I'm not entirely convinced that they're hoarding the hardware, but do these seem like the sort of numbers that'd be needed for Golden Week?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
AniHawk said:
FFTactics
Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy II
Gran Turismo

Anihawk knows what's up.

Edit: Oh, you forgot Loco Roco 2! And that rumored Okami port. Nintendo's days are numbered.

Thraktor said:
So that leaves 5 more weeks of shortages, if Nintendo really is holding back stock. Add that to these two weeks, at 25,000 a week, and they could have an extra 175,000 Wiis (on top of usual production) to throw on the shelves between the week ending the 29th and the week ending the 6th of May. I'm not entirely convinced that they're hoarding the hardware, but do these seem like the sort of numbers that'd be needed for Golden Week?

It's not really enough, but it will have to do.

mutsu

Wii games are not doing so great, other than Wii Sports and Wii Play.

I wonder if people buying the Wii are just buying it to play Wii Sports.

KINGMOKU

mutsu said:

I like where this is going. Continue, but expand upon this thinking.

The Sphinx said:
Forget one console future. I envision a one game future.

****, this is just like that episode of Star Trek where ****ing Wesley and his girl of the week had to save the day.

Someone needs to make that game. I'd buy it.

apujanata

miguel_c_hammer said:
I don't think MHP will make it. It hasn't made an appearance on the chart since MHP2 came out, and it probably won't come back.

Well, the PSP the Best version is still showing up on Feb 18, 2007. So, there is possibility it can crack 1 Million overall in 2007.

moku said:

Nintendo is going to sell its underperforming first party franchises (Zelda bomba) to a third party and soley focus on developing (more) non games?

apujanata

AniHawk said:
FFTactics
Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy II
Gran Turismo

Hua ha ha ha.

Segata Sanshiro said:
****, this is just like that episode of Star Trek where ****ing Wesley and his girl of the week had to save the day.

Someone needs to make that game. I'd buy it.

thegame.jpg

zsidane

AniHawk said:
FFTactics
Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy II
Gran Turismo

:lol :lol :lol

Vinnk

mutsu said:

At Famicon Dojo there was a used Wii and a used copy of Fire Emblem. It seems that someone had bought the system and game. Beat it and returned it all.

Wii is a one hit wonder. Nintendo is doomed.

Moku, I'm trying my best, but there are very few straws to grasp at this point..

apujanata

Thraktor said:

Vinnk said:
It officially starts on April 29th, but the 28th is a saterday. Anyway, around that time.

Last year's H/W sales : April Week 5 (23-30) :
NDS : 268,530
PSP : 40,884
PS2 : 29,837
GBA : 13,328
X360 : 2,845
GCN : 1,126
XBOX : 29

If your prediction is true, then it is possible that the two week sales (since golden week fall into two weeks period instead of only one) of Wii can average to 150K+.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
AniHawk said:
FFTactics
Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy II
God of War
Silent Hill Origins
Devil May Cry
Gran Turismo

Fixed.

donny2112

I think it's clear for all to see that, just as people are predicting will happen with the PS3, the PSP endured slow sales for a time to bring down manufacturing cost while waiting for the "big-hitters" to arrive. Monster Hunter Portable 2 is simply the first. MHP2 = MGS4 = the beginning of the end for Nintendo.

This is where the real race begins. When Sony says so.

apujanata

Vinnk said:
At Famicon Dojo there was a used Wii and a used copy of Fire Emblem. It seems that someone had bought the system and game. Beat it and returned it all.

Moku, I'm trying my best, but there are very few straws to grasp at this point..

I am interested in the used copy of Fire Emblem. How much is that game ? Can you buy it for me ?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
donny2112 said:
I think it's clear for all to see that, just as people are predicting will happen with the PS3, the PSP endured slow sales for a time to bring down manufacturing cost while waiting for the "big-hitters" to arrive. Monster Hunter Portable 2 is simply the first. MHP2 = MGS4 = the beginning of the end for Nintendo.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

mutsu

moku said:

Sorry but I am not suggesting that Nintendo is doomed at all ;)

There was a stage where everything that sold on the DS was Super Mario 64 DS and Touch! Made in Wario.

I am sure the Wii is suffering from similar kind of thing, and will pull through when the games start flooding in (which I am sure will come).

Saitou

Banned
Vinnk said:

WHAT!?

Vinnk, son, you know what you have to do. You go find this person, and fuck his shit up.

apujanata

donny2112 said:

So, everybody is becoming Anihawk. What kind of madness is this ? And Why ?

Is it boredom ? Is it DSLism ? Is it Nintendoism ? Or just plain April Fool mood starting up ?

Saitou

Banned
apujanata said:

Is it boredom ? Is it DSLism ? Is it Nintendoism ? Or just plain April Fool mood starting up ?
THIS.

IS.

nintendo
NON-NEOGAAAAAAAAAAF

apujanata said:

I more fancy myself a second-rate Archie.

Vinnk

apujanata said:
I am interested in the used copy of Fire Emblem. How much is that game ? Can you buy it for me ?
I think it was like 5000 yen, not a huge savings because it is still a fairly new game. I am in the process of making an online store but there are currently no Wii games on it because very few people outside of Japan have a Japanese Wii, which are smaller than American Wiis.

Just kidding

In truth many people have Japanese Wiis

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Joe Molotov said:
Worst game ever. :lol
u must not of seen the show because with each successful hit you got a shot of morphine directly into your cranial lobe. 4 Billion seller confirmed.

apujanata

Vinnk said:
I think it was like 5000 yen, not a huge savings because it is still a fairly new game. I am in the process of making an online store but there are currently no Wii games on it because very few people outside of Japan have a Japanese Wii, which are smaller than American Wiis.

Just kidding

In truth many people have Japanese Wiis

Is it possible for used game to go to around 2000 Yen, after six months or one year ? I am tempted to buy it, since the Japanese game has higher difficulty setting (Maniac) compared to US (only Hard).

Vinnk

apujanata said:
Is it possible for used game to go to around 2000 Yen, after six months or one year ? I am tempted to buy it, since the Japanese game has higher difficulty setting (Maniac) compared to US (only Hard).

It's possible.. but unless it is a total bomb it is pretty unlikely. I would guess after 1 year it will still be hovering around the 4000 yen range. Hell, I am still waiting for Pikmen to drop below 2000 yen..

KINGMOKU

Man this thread sucks. I got nothin'.

You know its bad when your waiting for someone to come in and make some stupid ass statement, and mean it. Someone unban Lance, Tabris, and the rest, who was banned for doing it in the first place.

The effort was nice though people.

[lance]PS3 RUUUUULLESS!!![/tabris]

Top Bottom