• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 3/12 - 3/18

Cheesemeister said:
thegame.jpg
I CAN SEE FOREVER

apujanata

Vinnk said:
It's possible.. but unless it is a total bomb it is pretty unlikely. I would guess after 1 year it will still be hovering around the 4000 yen range. Hell, I am still waiting for Pikmen to drop below 2000 yen..

Even for a used game ? How much lower is used game compared to new game (of the same title) ?

apujanata

moku said:
Man this thread sucks. I got nothin'.

You know its bad when your waiting for an m-create saviour to come in and make some stupid ass statement, and mean it. Someone unban Lance, Tabris, and the rest, who was banned for doing it in the first place.

The effort was nice though people.

[lance]PS3 RUUUUULLESS!!![/tabris]

Fixed

Monster Huner over 1 million is great :)

How many PSP worldwide million sellers does that make? 7-8?

Also...um wherer is Fire Emblem Wii? Couldn't even match the GC version?

Saitou

Banned
apujanata said:
Is it possible for used game to go to around 2000 Yen, after six months or one year ? I am tempted to buy it, since the Japanese game has higher difficulty setting (Maniac) compared to US (only Hard).
You're thinking of the GC Fire EMblem, Vinnk obviously means the Wii Fire Emblem.

Cue "There's a Wii FE!?!" in four....three...

My Chemical Mouse said:

Hummm...Monster Hunter 1, Monster Hunter 2, Hot Shots Golf, GTA: LCS...

little help?

Why should anyone expect FEwii to sell? It's basically a rehash of the Gamecube version WITHOUT wii controls.

I'm shocked at Wii Play and Wii Sports sellability. The fact that Zelda fell off the list too sort of scares me. What is this going to lead developers into?

My Chemical Mouse said:

Actually the last time I checked the number was upwards of 80.

Yep, it bombed. I heard Nintendo is selling IntSys because of the terrible sales.

Vinnk

There just isn't anything else to say. And fans can only cry so much until there are no tears left. Maybe now we can all heal.

Or better yet! Maybe the Wii and PS3 hardware numbers will be close again. And.. And.. the shortages are over! Wii's are piling up in Japan! The emporer declares April 30th to be Little Big Planet Day!

Now that would be exciting!

I love the numbers game but it is getting boring. Even for Nintendo fans. It's like playing the first level of New Super Mario Brothers over and over again. Sure your numbers are going up. Sure you are always winning. But it just stops being fun after a while.

So is the sarcasm spin the only answer to positive Sony / negative Nintendo news on this board?

Reminds me of the guys who keep stick there fingers in their ears and scream lalallala when they hear something they don't like.

Saitou

Banned
underfooter said:
Why should anyone expect FEwii to sell? It's basically a rehash of the Gamecube version WITHOUT wii controls.

I'm shocked at Wii Play and Wii Sports sellability. The fact that Zelda fell off the list too sort of scares me. What is this going to lead developers into?
Well, I have it on good money that it sold the same as the GC FE on a quarter of the userbase.

I'd hardly call that a 'failure', seeing as how it was never meant to bring in the big numbers. Don't know how much FE GC made in the Americas, though.

super funk said:
Yep, it bombed. I heard Nintendo is selling IntSys because of the terrible sales.

Is that a joke? IntSys IS Nintendo. Super Paper Mario will rock the socks (salewise too, in NA and Japan).

My Chemical Mouse said:
So is the sarcasm spin the only answer to positive Sony / negative Nintendo news on this board?

Reminds me of the guys who keep stick there fingers in their ears and scream lalallala when they hear something they don't like.

Well, I tried to answer one of your questions, but if you're going to be a jackass you can just take a long walk off a short pier.

AniHawk

My Chemical Mouse said:

WE GOT ONE

My Chemical Mouse said:

Hes onto us! Time for me to leave. Anihawk, Segata, I hope you make it out alive.

Oh and I forgot to mention that somebody must not have been around on Monday.

super funk said:
Hes onto us! Time for me to leave. Anihawk, Segata, I hope you make it out alive.

Oh and I forgot to mention that somebody must not have been around on Monday.

roger.

Funk...pass along a message...tell Scarlet I do give a damn

Saitou said:
Screen name after emo band.
Two posts total.

Not much of a catch. be a nice boy, unhook the lil' bugger and put him back in the water.
Heh I dunno, it is a bit of a slow MC week, after all... maybe we should just take what we can get?

*edit: Yeah, tabris is around-ish, I saw him on earlier today.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
2ch Top 10 Wii 3rd party numbers:

1 DragonBall Z Sparking! NEO (110000)
2 Crappy Bandai-Namco mini-games (77750)
3 NARUTO GNTEX (64750)
4 BLEACH Wii (61000)
5 Super Swing Golf (55750)
6 Elebits (55250)
7 SD Gundam SCAD HAMMERS (40250)
8 Tamagotchi Party Game (38750)
9 Shin-chan (38000)
10 Red Steel (28500)

http://ex22.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1174504559/254

apujanata

Saitou said:
You're thinking of the GC Fire EMblem, Vinnk obviously means the Wii Fire Emblem.

Cue "There's a Wii FE!?!" in four....three...

Nope. I was referring to Wii FE. I am just using GC FE difficulty difference as comparison, since it is obvious I couldn't know what kind of difficulty setting Wii FE US will have.

44 Chapter of Goddess of Dawn are whetting my appetite, and if I can get the maniac mode in US, it is even better. If not, then I will get JPN Wii FE:GOD, and play it just for the Maniac mode :)

Vinnk

apujanata said:
Even for a used game ? How much lower is used game compared to new game (of the same title) ?

It really depends on the game. here are a few examples to show you how odd it is:

Super Smash Brothers Melee, even used rarely goes for less than 3000 yen.
Final Fantasy III used is like 500 yen less then the cost of new.
God Hand dropped to 3500 pretty quick (which made me feel stupid for paying full price)
Naruto 2 (gamecube) can regularly be found for around 280 yen.
Luigi's Mansion is still 2000-3000 yen in most places.
The Bouncer can be found for 80 yen
Rez can be found for 700-1200 yen
Rez (with trance vibrator), used (eww) often goes for more than a new copy cost.
Dreamcast Rez costs more than all of them.
Famicom Fire Emblem costs more than GC fire emblem.
Eternal Darkness could be found for 780 yen just 3 months after is came to Japan.
Used MGS: portable ops costs less than used Minna No Golf.
I still can't find Fable for less than 4500 yen despite it selling horribly.

And things like that. SO it is really hard to say how much any game is going to cost in a year.

jj984jj said:
2ch Top 10 Wii 3rd party numbers:

2 Crappy Bandai-Namco mini-games (77750)
3 NARUTO GNTEX (64750)
4 BLEACH Wii (61000)
6 Elebits (55250)
8 Tamagotchi Party Game (38750)
9 Shin-chan (38000)
10 Red Steel (28500)

Yikes. Seriously, yikes.

apujanata

My Chemical Mouse said:

Worldwide million seller is very, very hard to track, since there is no reliable source of Europe sales.

Saitou

Banned
apujanata said:
Nope. I was referring to Wii FE. I am just using GC FE difficulty difference as comparison, since it is obvious I couldn't know what kind of difficulty setting Wii FE US will have.
So you were talking out of your ass?

Kay, I'll make sure I remember you.

Besides, early reporst were that JPN Hard Mode was harder than FE9 Maniac.

apujanata

Vinnk said:
It really depends on the game. here are a few examples to show you how odd it is:

Super Smash Brothers Melee, even used rarely goes for less than 3000 yen.
Final Fantasy III used is like 500 yen less then the cost of new.
God Hand dropped to 3500 pretty quick (which made me feel stupid for paying full price)
Naruto 2 (gamecube) can regularly be found for around 280 yen.
Luigi's Mansion is still 2000-3000 yen in most places.
The Bouncer can be found for 80 yen
Rez can be found for 700-1200 yen
Rez (with trance vibrator), used (eww) often goes for more than a new copy cost.
Dreamcast Rez costs more than all of them.
Famicom Fire Emblem costs more than GC fire emblem.
Eternal Darkness could be found for 780 yen just 3 months after is came to Japan.
Used MGS: portable ops costs less than used Minna No Golf.
I still can't find Fable for less than 4500 yen despite it selling horribly.

And things like that. SO it is really hard to say how much any game is going to cost in a year.
Used price for SSBM and Luigi's Mansion are not nice. Bloody expensive, even.
Nice Naruto 2 price. Are you sure you are not missing a zero there (2800 instead of 280) ?
There is still Famicom FE ? Which one ? I or II ? I am lookin forward to buy FE as VC games.
How is GC Fire Emblem used or new ? I am thinking of buying it for the Maniac mode.

apujanata

Saitou said:
So you were talking out of your ass?

Kay, I'll make sure I remember you.

Besides, early reporst were that JPN Hard Mode was harder than FE9 Maniac.

yeah, I also heard that JPN Hard mode is harder than FE:pOR Maniac, which is why I am starting to think of buying Wii JPN & FE:GOD just to experience the hardness (and hope it is even harder than Thracia 776).

Note : Please try to refrain from using the ass word in the future.

D.Lo said:
Nope, all games on Sony platforms are REAL games, even the Brain Training clones.

Yes, but what is a real game? How does one define a real game? For a game to be real, must it be felt, grasped, like a sunflower on a dewy morning whilst roaming through a fresh Irish meadow? Does an abstract game thus not make a game a real game? So then, what is a game? A miserable little piles of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!

ethelred

moku said:
It's like nothing else exists in Japan except for Nintendo. What the hell is there to discuss anymore? Legs? I'm sick of ****ing legs.

Where the hel are the new PS3 releases? Was anything released last week? ANYTHING? I dont see how a "Stupid argument poster" has any ground to stand on this week.

Was anything released fo the 360? Is there any big games due to be released for next weeks MC numbers?

How about the fact that Wii third party sales are still completely in the gutter?

Vinnk

apujanata said:
Used price for SSBM and Luigi's Mansion are not nice. Bloody expensive, even.
Nice Naruto 2 price. Are you sure you are not missing a zero there (2800 instead of 280) ?
There is still Famicom FE ? Which one ? I or II ? I am lookin forward to buy FE as VC games.
How is GC Fire Emblem used or new ? I am thinking of buying it for the Maniac mode.

Yup, I never played Pikmen or Luigi's Mansion because I can't bring myself to pay that much for them.

No Typo, it's 280 yen. The first Naruto game can sometimes be seen for 180 yen as well.

Yes it is used of course but you can find lots of Famicom carts if you know where to look.

Fomicom Dojo had a used copy for FE for GC for 2500yen last week. I bet it is still there. If you are interesetd, you should PM me. I feel we are derailing this thread enough.

Back on topic:

If a UMD video ever sold more than 1 million would it become a non-film?

Saitou

Banned
super funk said:
Yes, but what is a real game? How does one define a real game? For a game to be real, must it be felt, grasped, like a sunflower on a dewy morning whilst roaming through a fresh Irish meadow? Does an abstract game thus not make a game a real game? So then, what is a game? A miserable little piles of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!
Actually, it's very simple.

IF <game> is on <Wii;DS> THEN <nongame>
ELSE <realgame>

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
ethelred said:
How about the fact that Wii third party sales are still completely in the gutter?

Give it time, give it time.

Terrell

ethelred said:
I'd say that 3rd-party game sales are sitting on the curb. The majority of PS3 3rd-party sales aside from Gundam Musou? THAT'S the gutter.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
ethelred said:
I swear its like the DS never happened. People swore up and down that developers would abandon the DS in the begining because of the horrible 3rd party sales. Now its the system everyone wants to develop for. Same will happen to Wii thanks to games like Wiisports growing the userbase.

ethelred

Terrell said:
I'd say that 3rd-party game sales are sitting on the curb. The majority of PS3 3rd-party sales aside from Gundam Musou? THAT'S the gutter.

Even setting aside Gundam Musou, the top-selling third party PS3 games are still a good bit higher than the top selling third party Wii games.

... which, you know, isn't bad given the million-unit hardware deficiency.

I mean, you're not really calling these good, are you?

2 Ennichi no Tatsujin (77750)
3 Naruto GNT EX (64750)
4 Bleach Wii (61000)
6 Elebits (55250)
8 Tamagotchi (38750)
9 Crayon Shin-chan (38000)
10 Red Steel (28500)

That's the gutter you're looking at.

schuelma

Shaheed79 said:
I swear its like the DS never happened. People swore up and down that developers would abandon the DS in the begining because of the horrible 3rd party sales. Now its the system everyone wants to develop for. Same will happen to Wii thanks to games like Wiisports growing the userbase.

Go easy on them..its literally all they have at this point

schuelma

ethelred said:
Even setting aside Gundam Musou, the top-selling third party PS3 games are still a good bit higher than the top selling third party Wii games.

... which, you know, isn't bad given the million-unit hardware deficiency.

So what? You think when the Wii has a 3m or more lead on the PS3 in Japan in December developers aren't going to start developing like crazy for it?

Top Bottom