• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 3/26 - 4/1

ylvis_ said:
It's the first time yes, they're both probably in the 31-50 area though. Hasn't D/P already sold more than R/S?
I think Diamond has sold more than Ruby or Sapphire, but I'm not sure combined figures of D+P surpass R+S.

DarkMehm

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Now that I remember it, where is Pokemon!? Isn't it the first time without at least one version on top30? I guess combined may put it in top20 or so but hey, its going down. How much until it matches Ruby/Sapphire?

latest Famitsu Ruby/Sapphire figure: 5,302,676

Diamond/Pearl will easily surpass R/S and end up at ~5,8 million at least. 6 million is a very realistic goal, but we will have to wait and see. ^^

vicious_killer_squirrel said:
Tip: Media Create threads are not like most other threads in that their stupidity quotient is abnormally low. Because most of the posters here are here to discuss numbers, statistics and dry business topics along with the regular GAF hilarity, you tend to get a bit of an older crowd.

Yes, some stupidity is welcome here, for entertainment purposes, but it takes a seasoned troll to pull it off. You, my friend, do not have the chops just yet. Lurk a little more.

Your right, there is a level of maturity (most of the time) here on GAF, and I guess we try:D a little harder on a sales thread. You know, when I discovered GAF, it was the etiquette that lured me in, but they wouldn't let me join for another year later. Sometimes I wonder how comes a lot of gaffers also post elsewhere, all the other forums are immature, no?

THIS IS SPAAAARRRDDDAAAAAAAAAAAA!

sparda01172093.jpg

('Slong as I'm here, I might as well ask: Do people want me to continue with my Media-Create fanfic or not?)

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Pureauthor said:
THIS IS SPAAAARRRDDDAAAAAAAAAAAA!

sparda01172093.jpg

('Slong as I'm here, I might as well ask: Do people want me to continue with my Media-Create fanfic or not?)
You mean that won't be a regular weekly installment?!? :(

jepense said:
I'm guessing that in Japan the usual gang of NSMB, AC etc. will get back into top 10 if there aren't many new titles competing for the top spots.

I think there is a name for those games.
4 Million Club (4MC)
NSMB
AC
More Brain Training
Pokemon

4 games (the 4 MC - media create, hence there always on media create)

I need to think of a club name, that is more subtle.

Kafel

Banned
the thoroughbred said:
4 games (the 4 MC - media create, hence there always on media create)

I need to think of a club name, that is more subtle.

Yeh, what will happen when Pokemon will be at 5M ? ( it will happen soon )

Will some game take its place ?

vicious_killer_squirrel said:
The new ranking column is niiiice. It lets me see which titles have legs, which ones are new and which ones are dropping like rocks. That NDS Dragon Ball Z game, for example.

I'd suggest the same thing for hardware, but there wouldn't be any point, really. I'm thinking a bit of a dip for Wii (holding back units for golden week) and maybe a sub-20k week for the PS3... DS at around 100k and PSP somewhere around 40k.

For hardware, there's already a column for Last Week. It'd be pretty redundant and largely unchanging, methinks.

skinnyrattler said:
As a critique for Cheesemeister:
Visually, it's not as accessible without the bold. One thing you could do to make it more visually appealing is to change the rankings. Place dashes (--) for new titles instead of '00'. That may stand out more. Or have it bolded. Just a suggestion.

Actually, two dashes were what I had in as a test, but then I saw that the proportional font we see here made it visually jarring. Marking all new games is definitely the next step.

As an aside, I'm not sure if I'll have time to make a fancy table for hardware variation breakdowns in time for this evening's post.

Evlar

Banned
Oblivion said:
17th place? Is that the lowest NSMB has ever been?
Yeah. For some reason software sales are really high this week, so NSMB may have sold near its normal weekly total and still end up lounging at 17th. Someone mentioned it was spring break?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Cheesemeister said:
Maybe switch the company colors around while you're at it. N = red, S = blue, M = green. NES font?
But this generation Sony is red and Nintendo is blue. Eh, just leave it as it is.

mashoutposse

Ante Up
nli10 said:
I understand where Sony are coming from (make the hardware ultra exclusive for a year while revenues from PS2 are still v. high and then rake in the PS3 cash 12 months after launch)

doesn't explain why they're producing ps3s in numbers that don't suggest "ultra exclusivity."

the price is a problem that needs to be addressed asap before the full tarnishing of the brand is complete. people tend to invent negatives when something is too expensive; leave the price high enough for long enough and people will start to actually believe them regardless for future price movement

Kuramu

Cheesemeister said:
Maybe switch the company colors around while you're at it. N = red, S = blue, M = green. NES font?

Not sure i have the NES font.
can you recommend something close?

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Now that I remember it, where is Pokemon!? Isn't it the first time without at least one version on top30? I guess combined may put it in top20 or so but hey, its going down. How much until it matches Ruby/Sapphire?

I dont know what MC has DP at, but Im pretty sure RS was at 5.4 mil. DP will definately outsell it, but not by as much as well all had originally projected. It looks bad that neither are in the top 30, but you have to remember that sales in the top 30 are high (didnt that fishing game sell 19k at 21) so combined Pokemon probably sold 20k+.

mashoutposse said:
doesn't explain why they're producing ps3s in numbers that don't suggest "ultra exclusivity."

the price is a problem that needs to be addressed asap before the full tarnishing of the brand is complete. people tend to invent negatives when something is too expensive; leave the price high enough for long enough and people will start to actually believe them regardless for future price movement

I submit that the damage of "599 US dollars" is already irreparable at this stage. It's had almost a year to sink in.

So, working under the possibility that people simply saw the 'Sparda' gif and skipped the line at the bottom, I'm asking a second time:

Do you people me to continue my Media-Create fanfic? Yes or no?

(Yeah, last time I ask, I promise. In this thread, anyway.)

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Pureauthor said:
So, working under the possibility that people simply saw the 'Sparda' gif and skipped the line at the bottom, I'm asking a second time:

Hell yeah! :)

mashoutposse

Ante Up
DeaconKnowledge said:
I submit that the damage of "599 US dollars" is already irreparable at this stage. It's had almost a year to sink in.

that plus psp's less than dominating performance has contributed much towards the diminishing status of the playstation brand as the videogame gold standard.

Pureauthor said:

yes, continue!

Neomoto

Slow week for Nintendo.. (seriously), only 20 ds games in top 30. 4 ps2 games in top 10. Only 10 Nintendo published games... very slow start of English Training 2. Oh well, at least third party continue to do very good on DS. Funny and kinda strange that Call of Duty 3 charted

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
AdmiralViscen said:
Can someone tell me why nearly every NES game used the same font?

Possibly because at the time it was the simplest, cleanest and most legible font used for EFIGS translations (or at least English on its own), so it was probably easiest for all Japanese games to default to when it came to translating.

Pureauthor said:

I enjoyed it. Knock yourself out.

felipeko

DeaconKnowledge said:
It's cheaper in japan... But still irreparable.

Someone with an unswayable opinion that many people will want to argue against has to say something to keep this thread going.

*paging drinky crow/drohne/amirox*

We need more hyperbole as well in the next few posts. And gifs. Lots of gifs.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
typhonsentra said:
I do say, this is the smallest M-C thread I've seen in years.

I'm surprised as well. With all the titles on Sony systems up here, I'd expect much more celebration. Tabris in particular should have been ecstatic. Where'd he go?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Oblivion said:
I'm surprised as well. With all the titles on Sony systems up here, I'd expect much more celebration.

more like sony haters have less to go on wink wink

Top Bottom