• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 3/5 - 3/11

Pud

Banned
moku said:
My personal feelings is that SPM is going to be a moderate bomba, and something for the "stupid argument posters" to run with in MC threads for the forseeable future.

1.)"REAL games wont sell on the Wii"

2.)"Looks like the DS's success cant be translated to the Wii"

3.)"Mario Galaxy isnt going to do any better"

AND so on and soforth.

I said wow:

The Sphinx said:
SPM will be very telling, really the best barometer of the future of the Wii released this spring. It poses several questions:

1) How deep is the new-found excitement for Mario? Does it extend beyond the DS and beyond strictly retro-styled games?
2) Can Wii software succeed beyond the motion-dependent mechanics of Wii Sports and Wii Play?
3) How transferrable is DS success to Wii success in general? (Big Brain Academy will also address this.)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Kobun Heat said:
So basically now that they've found success, you think that they should completely put the brakes on the whole formula for their success and make something totally derivative? What an awesome idea.
Chris Michael
Scheißekopf

Chris Michael said:
Why not this and that?
You mean Layton and Dragon Quest IX?

Chris Michael said:
Now that L5 has found success with Layton... do you think the DS will get a real RPG from them? Aside from DQIX, which is being funded by Enix anyway.
You think Level 5 cares? They have this and that.

Kafel said:
It would be sad if a successful developer had to stick at its genre.
Yes, which is why it's great that Level 5 was able to branch out and create a wildly innovative, super awesome logic-puzzle-animated-story game. Anybody who wants them to make more canned RPGs is a shithead. More Layton plz.

I don't know if SPM will bomba, but i feel it's hard it will happen, Mario returned popular in Japan first with SMB Famicom Mini and then with nSMB.

Looking at amazon.jp chart it reminds me about Yoshi DS, it was not in high position since last week and we all can see how much it sold on first week....

Maybe not a million seller, but solid sales for sure

farnham

Banned
Fischbrot said:
Was ist ein Scheissekopf ? Dat heisst "Scheisskopf". Geht auch mit ß..

Sowat wees nur een Bärliner..
wollt grad n witz ueber berliner schreiben.. aber ich finde cheesemeister hat recht..unsre amerikanischen und japanischen freunde fuehlen sich unwohl..:)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Awesome, I got a tag.

Fischbrot said:
Was ist ein Scheissekopf ? Dat heisst "Scheisskopf". Geht auch mit ß..

Sowat wees nur een Bärliner..
Hey, it's an English forum so Scheißekopf has a meaning.

farnham

Banned
Moor-Angol said:
I don't know if SPM will bomba, but i feel it's hard it will happen, Mario returned popular in Japan first with SMB Famicom Mini and then with nSMB.

Looking at amazon.jp chart it reminds me about Yoshi DS, it was not in high position since last week and we all can see how much it sold on first week....

Maybe not a million seller, but solid sales for sure

first week sales 200k for a DS game means 500k guaranteed..

it could hit the one million mark with long legs..

probably artoons best selling game ever..?

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
farnham said:
Dachte ich mir schon irgendwie.. Danke aber fuer den Link :) Bist du von Deutschland.?
Japp, bin ich. Du nicht, nehm ich an ^^? [ü->ue]

In order to provide something in this forum's native language: Yay @Yoshis Island DS

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
Is it sad that I took all the way up to German5, spent some time there, and yet only remember and can understand some of what's being said :(

andthebeatgoeson

Pureauthor said:
Sequelitis is when one create sequel after sequel to already existing franchises without bothering with new franchises. Capcom is most certainly not guilty of that.
Pureauthor said:
For easy reference:

Sequelitis companies:

Nintendo
Square-Enix

Non-sequelitis companies:

Atlus
Capcom
Level 5

Every company in gaming releases lots of sequels. The difference is whether or not new IPS are created at a steady pace.
I don't think Nintendo qualifies for your definition. Yeah, they make a ton of sequels but they have quite a stable of games. And sequels doesn't equal licenses. Their major games see sequels every 2-3 years. You could put EA, Activision in there before Nintendo.

farnham

Banned
minasan, modo nisan tachi wa doichi go hanasu naraba banu sticko te moraimasu.. teba.. orewa wakarimasen deshita...

dakara.. doichigo wa dameyo!

farnham

Banned
Zerodoppler said:
Woah, what happened in this thread?
sorry guys.. i started it.. it was all my fault.. i shouldnt have asked the obvious.. but i questioned the tag of chris michaels and the whole thread derailed into a german Gaffer meating.. It wasnt intended.. really

so lets talk about the sales now..

Anybody thinks FE GoD can pass 200k..?

.dmc said:
01. (NDS, Level 5) Prof. Layton and the Mysterious Village - 136,736 / NEW (2/12-2/18)
05. (NDS, Level 5) Prof. Layton and the Mysterious Village - 49,979 / 186,716 (2/19-2/25)
05. (NDS, Level 5) Prof. Layton and the Mysterious Village - 33,957 / 220,673 (2/26-3/4)
03. (NDS, Level 5) Prof. Layton and the Mysterious Village - 45,344 / 266,017 (3/5-3/11)

Seems to be selling as much as they can print? Congrats to Level 5!

i'm glad layton is doing so well. i hope it comes over to the US soon.

Fischbrot

farnham said:
minasan, modo nisan tachi wa doichi go hanasu naraba banu sticko te moraimasu.. teba.. orewa wakarimasen deshita...

OMG! Free beer for all. :D Öhm.. 15 May is your birthday? OMFG! Meiner och..

Okay, this is the end of German language, sorry. Back to topic.. :)

squatingyeti said:
Is it sad that I took all the way up to German5, spent some time there, and yet only remember and can understand some of what's being said :(

Es scheint, als ob du German Training DS bräuchtest. :)

Has it been announced when the next Layton is going to come out?

Bebpo

Banned
Kobun Heat said:
Yes, which is why it's great that Level 5 was able to branch out and create a wildly innovative, super awesome logic-puzzle-animated-story game. Anybody who wants them to make more canned RPGs is a shithead. More Layton plz.

Layton is fun and a good game,
but a big epic rpg >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> a puzzle novel.

Anyone who'd rather developers work on quirky little stuff than epic unforgettable adventures is a shithead.

farnham said:

Wow, this sounds scary.
Obviously you know some Japanese...but then again..."doichigo" for German language? Scares the hell out of me :-/

Übrigens ist nicht verwunderlich, dass hier soviele Deutsche sind: Profilierungssucht :p

@sales:

When do we get hardware numbers?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I predict this thread is going to be buried tonight by the NA NPD thread..

Neomoto

Was ist los?

Chris Michael said:
jj hat einen dummen titel und die mods können meine kugeln lecken.

Chris Michael
Banned
(Today, 10:15 PM)

:lol Shouldn't have said that last bit.

01. (NDS, Level 5) Prof. Layton and the Mysterious Village - 136,736 / NEW (2/12-2/18)
05. (NDS, Level 5) Prof. Layton and the Mysterious Village - 49,979 / 186,716 (2/19-2/25)
05. (NDS, Level 5) Prof. Layton and the Mysterious Village - 33,957 / 220,673 (2/26-3/4)
03. (NDS, Level 5) Prof. Layton and the Mysterious Village - 45,344 / 266,017 (3/5-3/11)
Hmm interesting. It doesn't happen often that titles not only stay in the top 10 for at least a month (with no signs of falling down the charts soon), but also selling even more than the week before. Especially for a non Nintendo published DS title :O. Fantastic for Level 5, they deserve all the success they can have. I hope they'll publish it in the west. I'll import it day one if they do, the game looks awesome (and it's sequal too btw).

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Bebpo said:
Layton is fun and a good game,
but a big epic rpg >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> a puzzle novel.

Anyone who'd rather developers work on quirky little stuff than epic unforgettable adventures is a shithead.
hm I dunno considering most of level 5 rpgs (that arent dragon quest) are forgettable maybe they should focus on some other stuff?

farnham

Banned
MasterMFauli said:
Wow, this sounds scary.
Obviously you know some Japanese...but then again..."doichigo" for German language? Scares the hell out of me :-/

Übrigens ist nicht verwunderlich, dass hier soviele Deutsche sind: Profilierungssucht :p

@sales:

When do we get hardware numbers?
nah i know shit about japanese.. but im eager to learn it cuz i love learning languages.. gaming is the perfect hobby for it too..

Bebpo

Banned
Error said:
hm I dunno considering most of level 5 rpgs (that arent dragon quest) are forgettable maybe they should focus on some other stuff?

Dark Cloud 2 was a lot better than Layton. Though Layton is better than Rogue Galaxy/DC1. Jeanne D' Arc is somewhere in the middle.

Ideally companies like L5 should alternate between what they like to make, and what they make that sells.

Vinnk

shidoshi said:
It's... damn. What show is it? The name is on the tip of my tongue, but I just can't remember it at the moment. It's a typical Japanese comedy show where they often have J-pop stars on, especially the Hello! Project girls. At one point, they have three teams of two people each, and they ask them a series of questions.

The variety show in question is called "Hello Morning". :)

I feel kind of bad for knowing that.

Top Bottom