• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/23 - 4/29

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Error said:
it IS golden week tho.

I actually feel kinda bad for Sony, seriously they are taking such a huge beating :/
The 29th is only the first day, Showa Day.

junkwaffle

In Front and Drawing Away
holy.jpg

:lol

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
If Squeenix doesn't announce something for Wii this weekend I think I might explode :lol

Wii outselling every other piece of hardware except the DS combined :O

So is this Golden Week at work or is it the new reality with their increased production capacity?

schuelma

bananabread said:

So is this Golden Week at work or is it the new reality with their increased production capacity?

I'd say its the latter.

GDGF

Soothsayer
bananabread said:

A little from column A, a little from column B.

Evlar

Banned
bananabread said:

DS > all other systems combined
Wii > all other systems combined - DS
PSP > all other systems combined - (DS + Wii)

Link

The Autumn Wind
bananabread said:

I'd say it's because of increased shipments since nothing else went up anywhere near as much. Plus this is for the week before Golden Week.

Link said:
I'd say it's because of increased shipments since nothing else went up anywhere near as much. Plus this is for the week before Golden Week.

They also saved some units probably each week to help.

schuelma

Just to clarify- are actual Golden Week sales huge, or is it the week before that is the big one? In other words, should we expect even bigger numbers Thursday, or no?

GDGF

Soothsayer
schuelma said:
Just to clarify- are actual Golden Week sales huge, or is it the week before that is the big one? In other words, should we expect even bigger numbers Thursday, or no?

There is only one day of golden week sales in the numbers we just got.

Edit: Sorry, I just noticed that I didn't answer your question at all.

schuelma

GDGF said:

I know that, but I remembered a few posters last week saying that most of the spending was done in the run up to Golden Week.

Link

The Autumn Wind
GDGF said:

Edit: Sorry, I just noticed that I didn't answer your question at all.
Soothsayer my ass!

schuelma said:

On most systems, we can expect sales to be bigger. On DS and Wii, it depends totally on the sizes of the shipments Nintendo managed to get out.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
:eek:

PS3 really is over in Japan than. I don't see how any Japanese devs could think its a good idea to announce or even think about a new project for it. It'll have a fairly decent lineup till the end of 08 and then a huge drop off. PS3 needs a $300 price drop QUICK.

Michan

It's obvious that Sony is holding back to take gamers by surprise as the BD format becomes recognised and appreciated by the average consumer. Over 10,000 units is highly impressive for a system sitting in a waiting line; by 2008 when the next-gen console war officially kicks in, Sony will give Nintendo a run for their money with an excellent software line-up, cutting edge graphics, and a winning disc format.

Also, the attachment rate is a lot higher, with Gundam (a 3rd party title) shifting a huge percentage of units in comparison.

8:1 sales mean nothing this early on. When the DS started to outsell the PSP with such great numbers, everybody agreed that it was a fad. It is clearly the same situation in this instance.

Sony is beating expectations from all angles with the PS3. When Sony decides to market the system, things will continue to heat up.

StevieP

Banned
Michan said:
It's obvious that Sony is holding back to take gamers by surprise as the BD format becomes recognised and appreciated by the average consumer. Over 10,000 units is highly impressive for a system sitting in a waiting line; by 2008 when the next-gen console war officially kicks in, Sony will give Nintendo a run for their money with an excellent software line-up, cutting edge graphics, and a winning disc format.

Also, the attachment rate is a lot higher, with Gundam (a 3rd party title) shifting a huge percentage of units in comparison.

8:1 sales mean nothing this early on. When the DS started to outsell the PSP with such great numbers, everybody agreed that it was a fad. It is clearly the same situation in this instance.

Sony is beating expectations from all angles with the PS3. When Sony decides to market the system, things will continue to heat up.

Did ethereld summon you?

mabuza

Banned
Michan said:

quite you . sony is doomed. :)

schuelma

Michan said:

Because you're new I have no idea if you're pulling an Anihawk or not. I'm going to guess yes.

SPEA

Michan said:

Whaaaaat? You're kidding right?

Michan said:

you get a gold star

Top Bottom