• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/23 - 4/29

Eteric Rice

Michan said:
Indeed. PS3 sale figures will probably more than double, whereas Wii figures are most likely going to deflate.

You remind me of someone on Gamespot's forums.

How did you escape?

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Well, I'm seriously at a loss for words with this. It's way past comical now. I just come to watch the massacre weekly and we get this twice this week? Holy shit dude.

I wonder if Nintendo had enough Supply for Golden Week?
maybe the Wii numbers could even be down from here on

Brak said:
I'd say they are employing more of an ostrich tactic. If I don't see the numbers then they don't exist.

It works for most of the gaming press who seem to be oblivious of the reality that the video game market has been completed upended.

reminds me of a South Park episode :D

Aristotlekh said:
Hey, forgive this stupid question, but have the April NPD figures come out already?

Yep.
DS 432,000
Wii 301,000
Xbox 360 298,000
PSP 294,000
PS2 249,000
GBA 218,000
PS3 12

Courtesy of VChartzzz

justchris

Michan said:
It's obvious that Sony is holding back to take gamers by surprise as the BD format becomes recognised and appreciated by the average consumer. Over 10,000 units is highly impressive for a system sitting in a waiting line; by 2008 when the next-gen console war officially kicks in, Sony will give Nintendo a run for their money with an excellent software line-up, cutting edge graphics, and a winning disc format.

Also, the attachment rate is a lot higher, with Gundam (a 3rd party title) shifting a huge percentage of units in comparison.

8:1 sales mean nothing this early on. When the DS started to outsell the PSP with such great numbers, everybody agreed that it was a fad. It is clearly the same situation in this instance.

Sony is beating expectations from all angles with the PS3. When Sony decides to market the system, things will continue to heat up.

/golf claps

lupin23rd said:
Not that this should really be a surprise to anyone, but Wii + DS this week is more than the 360 LTD.

I didn't see that. That's pretty....disturbing really. Sad and funny all at the same time.

StevieP

Banned
Do they have EB Games in Japan?
ebwiizi3.jpg

Michan said:
It's obvious that Sony is holding back to take gamers by surprise as the BD format becomes recognised and appreciated by the average consumer. Over 10,000 units is highly impressive for a system sitting in a waiting line; by 2008 when the next-gen console war officially kicks in, Sony will give Nintendo a run for their money with an excellent software line-up, cutting edge graphics, and a winning disc format.

Also, the attachment rate is a lot higher, with Gundam (a 3rd party title) shifting a huge percentage of units in comparison.

8:1 sales mean nothing this early on. When the DS started to outsell the PSP with such great numbers, everybody agreed that it was a fad. It is clearly the same situation in this instance.

Sony is beating expectations from all angles with the PS3. When Sony decides to market the system, things will continue to heat up.

I don't know what's funnier, the posts in this thread...
http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=71913

...or this one :lol

super funk said:
Yep.
DS 432,000
Wii 301,000
Xbox 360 298,000
PSP 294,000
PS2 249,000
GBA 218,000
PS3 12

Courtesy of VChartzzz

Don't post from ioi's site. I'm banning that shit on sight from now on.

Saitou

Banned
Dragona Akehi said:
Don't make such promises if you don't intend on seeing them through the end! You should have done so so far ago and didn't that I question why would you ban it now.

Dragona Akehi said:

Yeah, but he was obviously kidding. Not even ioi is stupid enough to pretend those could be accurate numbers.

That said, I favor the ban.

fly high ~ayunite~ said:
I don't know what's funnier, the posts in this thread...
http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=71913

...or this one :lol

We need to invite this guy to GAF

Japan = Nintendoistan and will be thru mid 2008. PS2 and PSP will hold some ground while Playstation 3 builds up its Armada.

The thing about the Wii and Playstation 3, theyre competing for Gamers money but theyre two totally different markets. Its like owning a Car and a Bike. They will own both over there, ride their Bike to work till they can afford to get the Car.

Wii is like a Toy while the PS3 is a full media entertainment machine, there is room for both in Japanese households.

I love it :lol :lol

and its a smarter post than we have been getting from Sony fans here :)

Saitou said:
Don't make such promises if you don't intend on seeing them through the end! You should have done so so far ago and didn't that I question why would you ban it now.

Because mockery was more fun.

Irritation finally outweighed amusement.

CrisKre

I just wish we could somehow have headquarters reactions to this numbers. can u imagine the hillarity? I can see miyamoto and iwata all ghiddy and jumping up and down like schoolgirls, and Kaz on a remote office in sonys HQ throwing a coffee cup at his secretary and yelling her to f**ck off after she giving him the report with the numbers.

Where's Panther Lotus-joshuajslone-donny graph sammich?

And, oh, SE better have something exceptional in store for the Wii or there will be hell to pay. I'll start wishing that they tank with Nintendo buying them out if they don't. :p

Saitou

Banned
Dragona Akehi said:
Because mockery was more fun.

Irritation finally outweighed amusement.
ioi and ********(s) should also be wordfiltered.

And all threads mentioning him or That Chart Site should be deleted from the forum database. We must stop him from ever existing. It is the only way.

edit: Behold!

Michan said:
Sony's strong summer line up (which consists of such titles as Hot Shots Golf 5) will maintain the PS3's solid sales of >10,000 weekly sold units (that's over 1,425 units in a single day), up until the holidays, where the launch of the killer apps, Home and Metal Gear Solid 4, will propell the weekly PS3 sell-through to heights unseen by those who monitor weekly Japanese sales threads.

The Wii and it's quick ports and gimmicky games, such as Wii Health Pack, Super Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil 4/UC, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and NiGHTS, will not be enough to maintain interest in the system until the end of the year. Based on my predictions, the graphically superior Xbox 360 may even stand a chance at performing better than the fads that go by the name of "Wii" and "Nintendo DS".

It's only a matter of time before Japan is once again controlled by the dominating force in the video games industry, Sony.

pure comic genius.

Cruceh

Banned
ps3forums said:
Wii is like a Toy while the PS3 is a full media entertainment machine, there is room for both in Japanese households.

So the Wii is a bike, you use it till you have the money to buy a car (PS3)

Zelda is the only killer app. The other games are shovelware/gimmicks as far as I'm concerned. I hate the Wii.

And let's not forget that Zelda is playable in a virtually identical form on the GameCube so it's shovel and portware at the moment. Consumers are idiots for rewarding that with sales.
:eek:!

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
From that PS3 Forums link

So the Wii is a bike, you use it till you have the money to buy a car (PS3)

What does it make the 360, A car on the side of the road waiting for service.

And let's not forget that Zelda is playable in a virtually identical form on the GameCube so it's shovel and portware at the moment. Consumers are idiots for rewarding that with sales.

Mama I got shit dribbling down my chin

Zelda is the only killer app. The other games are shovelware/gimmicks as far as I'm concerned. I hate the Wii.

:lol :lol :lol

I was going to but

This URL has been reported as a news middle-man, it will remain blocked for 152 days.

:lol

MWCShay

Platform specific forums are the best thing ever! Im gonna have to bookmark that site cause these media create threads just arent fun to read anymore.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Smiles and Cries said:
its been like a moment of silence since the real hardware numbers hit that thread

I had to read their delusion as well. I got a big laugh

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Code:
Hardware - This Week | Last Week |       YTD |        LTD
1. NDS   -   256,063 |   172,440 | 2,603,200 | 16,608,879
2. WII   -   102,522 |    77,913 | 1,350,852 |  2,270,495
3. PSP   -    33,860 |    29,459 |   804,223 |  5,336,352
4. PS3   -    12,791 |    11,000 |   404,082 |    861,640
5. PS2   -    12,584 |    11,398 |   309,789 | 20,464,648
6. 360   -     3,162 |     2,307 |    90,345 |    355,047
7. GBA   -     1,125 |     1,364 |    34,654 | 15,332,733
8. NGC   -       167 |       266 |     6,369 |  4,175,837

Holy Crap at DS Sales

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Wyndstryker said:
I wonder what will happen to the ps3 forums if (or when) the golden week numbers are more than just nintendomination.

Mass Suicide?

Michan

AniHawk said:
AHAHAHAHAHAHA THE PS3 IS ****ED.

It's way too early to call the PS3 out of the equation. The Dreamcast managed to race in front of the PS2, and we all know how that war turned out.

Top Bottom