• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/23 - 4/29

Link

The Autumn Wind
schuelma said:
Because you're new I have no idea if you're pulling an Anihawk or not. I'm going to guess yes.
I think the comment about DS being a fad shows that he's kidding.

Evlar

Banned
mclem said:
Shipping extra demand to Europe for the launch has caused shortages of demand in Japan.
Gotta ship that demand.

Also enjoyed the "beating from several angles" bit. Nice expressive language. Good work.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Michan said:
It's obvious that Sony is holding back to take gamers by surprise as the BD format becomes recognised and appreciated by the average consumer. Over 10,000 units is highly impressive for a system sitting in a waiting line; by 2008 when the next-gen console war officially kicks in, Sony will give Nintendo a run for their money with an excellent software line-up, cutting edge graphics, and a winning disc format.

Also, the attachment rate is a lot higher, with Gundam (a 3rd party title) shifting a huge percentage of units in comparison.

8:1 sales mean nothing this early on. When the DS started to outsell the PSP with such great numbers, everybody agreed that it was a fad. It is clearly the same situation in this instance.

Sony is beating expectations from all angles with the PS3. When Sony decides to market the system, things will continue to heat up.
:lol

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Michan said:
Sony is beating expectations from all angles with the PS3. When Sony decides to market the system, things will continue to heat up.

Yeah beating them with a big ****en skillet.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol etc

mclem

jamesinclair said:
4. PS3 LTD: 861,640

Its May and they havent hit 1 million yet.
I remember when I was sceptical that the Wii would hit 2M before the PS3 hit 1M. Now I'm all-but certain it'll hit 3M before then.

DSL 255,971
Wii 102,522
PSP 33,860
PS3 12,791
PS2 12,584
Xbox360 3,162
GBM 630
DS 92

Formula Says

DSL = Wii×2.5 = 241500
Wii = PSP×3 = 96600
PSP = PS3×2.5 = 32200
PS3 ≧ PS2 = 12880
PS2 = XBOX360 × 4 = 12880
XBOX360 = GBM × 5 = 3220
GBM = DS × 7 = 644
DS= 92

Holy shit its more accurate than the NPD

Michan

Sony's strong summer line up (which consists of such titles as Hot Shots Golf 5) will maintain the PS3's solid sales of >10,000 weekly sold units (that's over 1,425 units in a single day), up until the holidays, where the launch of the killer apps, Home and Metal Gear Solid 4, will propell the weekly PS3 sell-through to heights unseen by those who monitor weekly Japanese sales threads.

The Wii and it's quick ports and gimmicky games, such as Wii Health Pack, Super Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil 4/UC, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and NiGHTS, will not be enough to maintain interest in the system until the end of the year. Based on my predictions, the graphically superior Xbox 360 may even stand a chance at performing better than the fads that go by the name of "Wii" and "Nintendo DS".

It's only a matter of time before Japan is once again controlled by the dominating force in the video games industry, Sony.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Michan said:
Sony's strong summer line up (which consists of such titles as Hot Shots Golf 5) will maintain the PS3's solid sales of >10,000 weekly sold units (that's over 1,425 units in a single day), up until the holidays, where the launch of the killer apps, Home and Metal Gear Solid 4, will propell the weekly PS3 sell-through to heights unseen by those who monitor weekly Japanese sales threads.

The Wii and it's quick ports and gimmicky games, such as Wii Health Pack, Super Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil 4/UC, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and NiGHTS, will not be enough to maintain interest in the system until the end of the year. Based on my predictions, the graphically superior Xbox 360 may even stand a chance at performing better than the fads that go by the name of "Wii" and "Nintendo DS".

It's only a matter of time before Japan is once again controlled by the dominating force in the video games industry, Sony.

Liked the first one better :)

Michan said:

sonyspin.gif

Holy shit, 8:1.

I know the writing was on the wall, but it's still remarkable to actually see it.

edit: if this had happened two months ago, this thread would be 16 pages already. The Sony dudes don't even click MC threads anymore.

NeonZ

Michan said:

Stop. People have already caught on you.

You should just leave the DS out of your messages- considering its current sales and the fact that this is GAF, no one will take you seriously if you challenge its sales potential at this point, though you could escape with some remarks about a supposed (lack of) quality of its hardware and games.

Brak

jamesinclair said:
4. PS3 LTD: 861,640

Its May and they havent hit 1 million yet.
It's looking more and more likely that they won't hit 1 million until the end of July.

THE END OF JULY!

That's almost nine months to do what the PS2 did in a couple of weeks.

jvalioli

OldJadedGamer said:
Chew on this, according to Sony's own press releases:

PS2 sold 980,000 in it's first day on sale and 1.4 million in it's first month in Japan alone. The PS3 in 6 months has yet to catch up with the PS2 sales in it's first 24 hours.

http://www.scee.presscentre.com/Content/Detail.asp?ReleaseID=98&NewsAreaID=22
Man, I'm tired. I read every "PS2" as "PS3" and was just about to ask you how the PS3 hasn't caught up to itself yet. Thanks for the comparison though, funny stuff.

Someone should edit the thread title to "Come and enter, it's a miracle, Japan am Sonyland again!". That'll get them in here, and maybe one of them will be stupid enough to post something.

these threads will get boring soon unless Sony can crash Nintendo's party
Price drop now while you still have a chance! Hell give them away and make your money off Blu Ray!

Souldriver said:
Someone should edit the thread title to "Come and enter, it's a miracle, Japan am Sonyland again!". That'll get them in here, and maybe one of them will be stupid enough to post something.

:lol The fanboy pain would be legendary :lol

Michan said:

aw. before this post people weren't sure if you were being serious or not :(

GDGF

Soothsayer
Souldriver said:

:lol

Souldriver said:

They are here, viewing... just can't post much... I think Nintendo fans had much more guts on forums during Nintendo's lean years lagging behind the Playstation

Brak

Smiles and Cries said:
They are here, viewing... just can't post much... I think Nintendo fans had much more guts on forums during Nintendo's lean years lagging behind the Playstation
I'd say they are employing more of an ostrich tactic. If I don't see the numbers then they don't exist.

It works for most of the gaming press who seem to be oblivious of the reality that the video game market has been completed upended.

Top Bottom