• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/30 - 5/06

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Forgotten Ancient said:
But those were the weeks leading up to golden week. Unless I'm overthinking Golden Week's importance, the buildup to it would cause an increase in sales. Conversely, the weeks after it would tend to see lower numbers.

so then i suppose it is horribly ironic that the wii actually went down by 1k after its buildup?

Kind of like how sales are up for a few weeks before Christmas then fall sharply after the holiday is over.

I think it's funny that we're splitting hairs over 1-2k sales - numbers that would typically be "statistical noise" on a Sony home console.

:p

point is i dont think it'll fall below 10k next media create

F#A#Oo

Banned
the thoroughbred said:
I don't know, if we can come up with a few obvious ones, I am sure the creative guys at Sony will have breakfast, lunch and dinner spinned up in no time. You just wait, if there's anything i have faith on Sony for, it'd be their ability to spin.

I'm sure it will be along the lines of "PS3 sales up _._% and Wii sales down _._%"...:D

Odysseus

Banned
davepoobond said:
so then i suppose it is horribly ironic that the wii actually went down by 1k after its buildup?

supply had something to do with that, most likely

of course, sony pr might also say supply is what's up with ps3, too ;)

laserbeam

Banned
Odysseus said:
supply had something to do with that, most likely

of course, sony pr might also say supply is what's up with ps3, too ;)

Think it was reported too the 1st day of golden week fell into the prior reporting period too so while pre-golden week went up it could be partially attributed to that

davepoobond said:

:p

point is i dont think it'll fall below 10k next media create

I imagine the Wii situation is a question of supply.

As for the 10k sales, it's not like I hope the PS3 will fall below that number - I was just thinking it could be possible. Guess we'll see what happens in 7 days.

davepoobond

Tobor said:
This is basically the equivalent of 2 doctors arguing over how dead the patient is.

lgpp30340.jpg

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Odysseus said:
just for giggles, if wii and ps3 continued to increase/decrease at this week's rate, wii would add almost 2.8 million to its lead before ps3 takes the weekly lead.

and, of course, the week ps3 passed wii, both would sell below 25k.
I always loved humiliation by extrapolation :lol

davepoobond

Odysseus said:
at the end of the day, i go to bed

true story

i usually fall asleep to FFXII in recent days. i wish i wouldn't. i think i have narcolepsy

edit: why is there a huge discrepency with famitsu?

Tobor

davepoobond said:
i usually fall asleep to FFXII in recent days. i wish i wouldn't. i think i have narcolepsy

edit: why is there a huge discrepency with famitsu?

If you set your gambit's right, you should wake up a few levels higher, right? kidding, kidding. I still want to play this.

KINGMOKU

At this point, I honestly think it would be downright stupid for any third-party developer to release anything on the PS3 in Japan right now. How far down is it from the gamecube now? 200k? 300k? 500k?

Why would you even release anything, unless its already in the can, or around 80%+ done with already?

davepoobond

Tobor said:
If you set your gambit's right, you should wake up a few levels higher, right? kidding, kidding. I still want to play this.

seriously?

is there a walk command or something? cause i think i left it on once without pausing so it added a couple hours to my game time....i think i slept more than played the game :lol

Lo-Volt

Iwata is the new Prime Minister of Nintendoland, Tokyo confirms Yamauchi becomes the next Emperor and Miyamoto his heir apparent. Bow down.

moku said:
At this point, I honestly think it would be downright stupid for any third-party developer to release anything on the PS3 in Japan right now. How far down is it from the gamecube now? 200k? 300k? 500k?

Why would you even release anything, unless its already in the can, or around 80%+ done with already?

You must have been livid when RE4 came out on GameCube.

Innotech

Banned
moku said:

Square doesnt seem very concerned
Someone at Squenix is bound to be poring over these numbers with dread after jumping the gun

Avrum

Wow, if PS3 didn't even increase much off of a holiday, I fear for when the Golden Week high wears off. Sub 10k levels are in sight.

I didn't bother to say anything about Nintendo. What could have been said has already been said and could not have been said any other way.

Tobor

davepoobond said:
seriously?

is there a walk command or something? cause i think i left it on once without pausing so it added a couple hours to my game time....i think i slept more than played the game :lol

:lol :lol

So now the Wii is outselling the PS3 at 7:1 as opposed to the 8:1 from last week.

Doesn't matter really, Nintendo is still dominating Japan.

Who wants to bet that the Wii will eventually outsell the PS3 at 10:1? :D

Innotech

Banned
well one things for sure. If nintendo was worried about the wii surpassing overall Gamecube sales before doubt they are concerned anymore.

Speevy

Banned
Why doesn't Nintendo really just twist the knife and start releasing port-ups of Mario Kart, Brain Age Wii, and such?

davepoobond

moku said:
??? I dont get it, but if your comparing the PS3's current situation to the Gamecubes, you would be wrong.

its ridiculous to insinuate that no company should release anything on the PS3.

Even the worst consoles in the world got games from 3rd party developers.

justchris

This isn't even fun anymore. I'm pretty much just here for charts and to call time of death on the PS3. It barely saw any increase for the holiday, and couldn't manage 15k units this week or last week. No games in the top 50 (sure there was nothing new, but even MC says mostly old games sell during Golden Week). The PS3 is no longer a going concern. It's comatose. We'll check again when Minna no Golf 5 releases, see if it wakes up.

KINGMOKU

davepoobond said:
its ridiculous to insinuate that no company should release anything on the PS3.

Even the Virtual Boy got games from 3rd party developers.
Why is it ridiculous? Explain it to me, from a biusness standpoint why they would, or should?

If they have a game thats in dev, why wouldnt you switch it to the Wii at this point?

I wondered the same thing with certain Gamecube games when it was flaling later in its life.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I'm interested in next week's figures to hopefully get a handle on Wii's newly raised shipments. My guess is they are going to consistently be 70-80K and a bit over 300K a month.

Wow. Just ... thats nucking futs. And really, you look at Wii and DS - and you could make a point to say "you ain't seen nothing yet". Both will continue to sell whatever is on the shelf, and there's a lot of big guns Nintendo and other companies haven't even brought out yet.

Wii:
- SSB
- Mario
- Wii Sports spinoffs (health, music, whatever)
- Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers

DS
- Dragon Quest IX (wow that will make a killing)
- Final Fantasy remakes/spinoffs (too many to count)
- Legend of Zelda (with toon shading for extra sale power)
- More Nintenanimals and Brian Age have to be coming

Wow, Nintendo is not gonig to be stopped. I can't wait to see whats announced.

Tobor

justchris said:
This isn't even fun anymore. I'm pretty much just here for charts and to call time of death on the PS3. It barely saw any increase for the holiday, and couldn't manage 15k units this week or last week. No games in the top 50 (sure there was nothing new, but even MC says mostly old games sell during Golden Week). The PS3 is no longer a going concern. It's comatose. We'll check again when Minna no Golf 5 releases, see if it wakes up.

timeofdeath07ms2.jpg

moku said:
??? I dont get it, but if your comparing the PS3's current situation to the Gamecubes, you would be wrong.

PS3's situation is sufficiently different that you supported games being released on GameCube but do not want anyone to release games on PS3?

GameCube circa RE4 was doing way worse than PS3 is right now.

And it's not like it's impossible for PS3 to ultimately do as "well" as GameCube in Japan.

Top Bottom