• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/30 - 5/06

You know, guys...if we´d collect all Famitsu-charts, we could start making a weekly Famitsu-chart, and REALLY compare weekly numbers.
But it´s crazy to always talk about Famitsu-numbers, then forget them and only look at Media-Create.

So, where are the Media-Create-guy?
Start making Famitsu-chart graphics and such^^

cvxfreak said:
Joshua, how long till the 360 surpasses the original Xbox?

Joshua's recorded MC number for Xbox LTD is 471,466. At pre-Golden Week surge levels of 2,307 systems/week, it'll take the 360 another 49 weeks to catch up. So, maybe around Golden Week '08.

creamsugar said:
Famitsu hardware 5/7 - 5/13

DSL - 160,009
Wii - 55,724
PSP - 33,438
PS2 - 11,854
PS3 - 8,962
360 - 2,369

Good thing for Sony GAF does not use Famitsu numbers as official numbers in sales threads
but Thursday night NPD plus Media Create Hardware numbers should be fun around here

Cheesemeister said:
Joshua's recorded MC number for Xbox LTD is 471,466. At pre-Golden Week surge levels of 2,307 systems/week, it'll take the 360 another 49 weeks to catch up. So, maybe around Golden Week '08.

Wow I was way off. I thought Xbox did ~800k-like levels in Japan.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
ziran said:
Famitsu Top 10 May 7-13:
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/200...71799,0,0.html

1. Final Fantasy Tactics: The Lion War (PSP)
2. Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (DS)
3. Super Paper Mario (Wii)
4. Wii Sports (Wii)
5. More Brain Training (DS)
6. Momotarou Dentetsu DS: Tokyo & Japan (DS)
7. New Super Mario Bros. (DS)
8. Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree (Wii)
9. More English Training (DS)
10. Brain Training (DS)

FF XII RW at #2, as I said before it'll do at least 700-800k on brand name alone.

creamsugar said:

DSL - 160,009
Wii - 55,724
PSP - 33,438
PS2 - 11,854
PS3 - 8,962
360 - 2,369

Taurus said:
The gap is closing...
Not according to Famitsu. :)

MasterMFauli said:
You know, guys...if we´d collect all Famitsu-charts, we could start making a weekly Famitsu-chart, and REALLY compare weekly numbers.
But it´s crazy to always talk about Famitsu-numbers, then forget them and only look at Media-Create.

So, where are the Media-Create-guy?
Start making Famitsu-chart graphics and such^^
We tend to focus on Media Create because its officially posted numbers are usually one week ahead of Famitsu's; currently it's two with Famitsu still behind from Golden Week. At least for my stuff, though, everything that can be seen with Media Create numbers can also be seen with Famitsu. Only differences being that MC numbers are usually one week ahead (two currently), and my weekly Famitsu data goes 3 years further back.
jimbo said:
As of last week the 360 was at 368k. The original Xbox sold ~475k units total.

At 2k per week, the 360 would sell ~50k by October 30th of this year, putting its total at 418k. That would give it Nov and Dec to sell ~50k units to tie the original Xbox. For comparison, the 360 sold 50k units two weeks after BD came out in Dec 2006.
That looks reasonable. Hmm... if X360 does a bit better than that, it might pass Xbox before DS can pass PS2. The race is on!

Hey, the PS3 is doing solid numbers. It sold 4.5x what the 360 did. :eek:

All kidding aside, that's depressing. I never thought it'd go below 10k.

Think it'll go 5k? Honestly, it feels as if there's no bottom to PS3's downward trend in Japan.

Eteric Rice

starship said:
These are the numbers junior!

Nintendomination one again.

Indeed, Sony is getting their asses kicked...

karate5vb.gif

And Nintendo is...

Flying_Asian.gif

to heaven!

(yeah, I just found a butt load of new gifs)

Evlar

Banned
shaft said:
When is the next big game for PS3? I fear that it will go even further down until that game is released..
ziran said:
PS3's release list isn't good.

Next games with potential for PS3 and Wii:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-27-49-en.html#C418

PS3:
FolksSoul: Monster Kingdom on June 7th
Ninja Gaiden Sigma July 14th
Minna no Golf 5 July 26th

Wii:
Biohazard 4 Wii Edition May 31st
Harvest Moon Wii June 7th
Hajime no Ippo Revolution June 21st
DK Bongo Blast June 28th
Dragon Quest Swords July 12th
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu Wii July 19th
Dewy's Adventure July 26th
Puyo Puyo! 15th Anniversary July 26th

Emotions

That summer Wii lineup is quite good, i must say, i would potentially get quite a lot of those Wii offerings such as DQS,Harvest Moon, RE4 Wii, DK Bongo Blast, Puyo Pop, Dewy and that's not counting MP8 and Mario Strikers Charged Western releases. Quite nice i must say.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
starship said:
Not according to Famitsu. :)

Listen, the gap might not be closing, but if you differentiate the gap you get the change in gap and the delta gap is closing! And if we take last week and this week as our only two data points and perform linear regression and plot a line of best fit, we see that as time tends to infinity the gap will approach 0!

It's not Sony's problem that NTARDS like you can't grasp Calculus or Statistics!!!

newton.jpg

Neomoto

ziran said:
Famitsu Top 10 May 7-13:
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2007/05/16/103,1179308618,71799,0,0.html

1. Final Fantasy Tactics: The Lion War (PSP)
2. Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (DS)
3. Super Paper Mario (Wii)
4. Wii Sports (Wii)
5. More Brain Training (DS)
6. Momotarou Dentetsu DS: Tokyo & Japan (DS)
7. New Super Mario Bros. (DS)
8. Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree (Wii)
9. More English Training (DS)
10. Brain Training (DS)
Almost got the top 10 three times in a row, for shame Japan you should know better!
Also, this list is full of LEGS. And holy shit at both the Brain Training games ánd English Training and Big Brain Academy all in the top 10.

creamsugar said:

DSL - 160,009
Wii - 55,724
PSP - 33,438
PS2 - 11,854
PS3 - 8,962
360 - 2,369
:O :O :O Wow. The only thing that could make tomorrow's hardware numbers more epic would be if the NPD numbers for ps3 will be below 100k. Also, funny how Wii on a very low shipment still sell more than 6 times as much as ps3.
And while Nintendo hardware shipments dropped with a whopping 175.000 units, they still outsell everything combined by 3.8 times! :lol It's beyond crazy now.

Meier said:
Looks like Tony Jaa to me. I didn't see The Protector, so that seems like a candidate.

You are correct sir and that is one kickass movie and I highly recommend seeing it. Awesome does not describe how great that movie is.

Taurus

jimbo said:
Don't worry NPD comes out tomorrow.........
Who cares about US anyway? They can keep their crappy FPS' and annual boring sports games! US is irrelevant. Stop posting US sales numbers, I bet less than 10% of people here in GAF actually live in US. What's the point then?

Let's see some numbers that really matter! Who's with me!?

^I just pictured in my mind what I'm gonna post into the official NPD thread. :D If someone didn't get it, my post was a joke.

StevieP

Banned
Vinnk said:
The only reason the PS3 number is so low is because the system is supply constrained.

Fixed. Famicom Dojo is selling them like hotcakes, and they're not tracked my Famitsu/MC, right? :D

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
Stumpokapow said:
Listen, the gap might not be closing, but if you differentiate the gap you get the change in gap and the delta gap is closing! And if we take last week and this week as our only two data points and perform linear regression and plot a line of best fit, we see that as time tends to infinity the gap will approach 0!

It's not Sony's problem that NTARDS like you can't grasp Calculus or Statistics!!!

newton.jpg
:lol
I know I know but according to Famitsu last week sales were ~ 75k against ~ 18k so the Wii outsold PS3 4.2:1 while this week the ratio is 6.2:1 so the gap is widening. You guys mixed Famitsu numbers with Media Create numbers :D

Michan

Neomoto said:
That reminds me; I think it is time we get updates on the How Low Can You Go, the Super Mario and Pokemon chart.

Eddz is banned, but I'll update the Mario chart this evening, although I'll probably need reminding.

Jokeropia

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Yeah, there is something weird here, hasn't Famitsu tracked Wii like 50k less than MC in two weeks? And now at 55k, I wonder what will MC do, put Wii at 5k? :lol

Someone has Wii weekly hardware comparison between MC and Famitsu? This is a tough petition I guess :/
Like Joshua's charts show, Famitsu were previously overtracking Wii compared to Media Create, so the discrepancy these last weeks could be to offset that. They're also very slightly above MC for PS3, which could explain the low PS3 number this week.

Kenka

Vieo said:
What are the chances of FFXIII bombing and Squarenix bringing the main FF games back to Nintendo consoles?

Actually quite high. If you consider the exceptionnal sales trend we live now, it's just a matter of time. It's pretty safe to say that FF XIV will be on Wii. Maybe some people are happy with and some aren't. Bt let's face it. It's very likely.

Top Bottom