• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/30 - 5/06

lherre said:
Two last ps3 games released in japan ...

- Madden 07
- Blazing Angels

=

.... 8962

And the next game is on juny?? Ninja gaiden Sigma?? One month without a game??

Very bad Sony, VERY BAD.

PD: Nintendo VERY GOOD:lol

There are NO games for a month!?

Pachael

Is this a good time to wear this shirt? (Taken from UK:R)

4p4yr5s.jpg

Wii are all in a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine

PS At least the X360 has a chance in the US, otherwise well

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
AdmiralViscen said:

It reminds me of the GCN. How much we suffered when we saw NO games coming for the GCN in a month :lol

sphinx

the piano man
I am amazed at the fact that sony is now exactly in a N64 situation.

No games for PS3 isn't sony's fault. It is just a sign that 3rd parties don't want or can't make games for it, for whatever reason. Which is what happened with the N64.

Developers/publishers bailed out. This is terrible for sony.

Japanese market dominance is completely lost at this point in time.

DarkMehm said:
Final Fantasy Tactics PSP ~170k
I called it :)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6361313&postcount=839
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Final Fantasy Tactics Shishi Sensou is going to do around Valkyrie Profile Lenneth LTD in its first week....thus leading SE to more china-porting I'm sure....
Latest VPL LTD number from Famitsu is 168,515. I want a cookie or something! :lol

wow at PS3, good wow at PSP...I wonder how fast will PS3 sink until Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Looks like even ~5k could happen and 360 has a great chance to outsell it in NGS vs Trusty Bell week.

ziran

AdmiralViscen said:
PS3's release list isn't good.

Next games with potential for PS3 and Wii:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-27-49-en.html#C418

PS3:
FolksSoul: Monster Kingdom on June 7th
Ninja Gaiden Sigma July 14th
Minna no Golf 5 July 26th

Wii:
Biohazard 4 Wii Edition May 31st
Harvest Moon Wii June 7th
Hajime no Ippo Revolution June 21st
DK Bongo Blast June 28th
Dragon Quest Swords July 12th
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu Wii July 19th
Dewy's Adventure July 26th
Puyo Puyo! 15th Anniversary July 26th

C.T.

sphinx said:

No games for PS3 isn't sony's fault. It is just a sign that 3rd parties don't want or can't make games for it, for whatever reason. Which is what happened with the N64.

Aren't you contradicting yourself? Sony designed the PS3, which is hard and expensive to develop for. Now Third Parties are to blame? Talking about spinning things, right?

sphinx said:

The additional problem is that Sony doesn't have the powerful franchises that helped Nintendo to survive for TWO generations (like Mario, Zelda, ...). They can support this situation thanks to their others sections of the enterpreise. So, Sony has to pay Third Parties to have exclusive games like MGS4 or FFXIII and this will hurt financially even more.
Then, probably will see great games coming from Sony and their Second Parties, but the time distance between them will be huge (exactly like the N64), because the machine is difficult and expensive to develop.
The other BIG obstacle Nintendo hadn't is the price, that cannot remains fixed even for this fiscal year.

I'm sure that Sony is not doomed or something similar: they can ad they will recover in some way, but the price they'll pay is that this generation they will lose their leadership in the industry in favour to Nintendo.

crbowen

ziran said:
Wii:
DK Bongo Blast June 28th

Damn, that's a pretty decent list right there, especially for summer.

Masklinn

Accept one saviour, get the second free.
sphinx said:
The reasons are pretty simple:

* Overpriced (not for the tech, but for what the market accepts) and clearly doesn't seem to appeal to consumers, especially in japan
* Extremely hard and costly to develop for, so you need to sell a lot of software to recoup your investment, which can't happen without strong customer support, and we're back to point #1

The only way to change that would be for Sony to:

* release a good number (we're talking at least one or two a month) of very high quality first-party and second-party titles for the next 6 months, and at least 60% need to be "mass-market" oriented not hardcore gamers oriented so the software draws customers in. Some party games would also be advised here.
* Drop the price again (in japan) to Xb-360 levels so that the customers can afford the machine

Failing that, the customers won't be interested in the machine, and if the customers aren't interested third party doesn't have any reason to dev for the PS3 (the xbox360 itself doesn't sell but it nicely sells software and opens huge possibilities in the NA market, and the Wii is pretty much fated to become the #1 console this gen unless Sony performs a miracle or two in the upcoming weeks/months)

But of course Sony doesn't have Nintendo's first-party strength, so requirement #1 is pretty much impossible to fullfill.

Jokeropia

ziran said:
Famitsu Top 10 May 7-13:
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2007/05/16/103,1179308618,71799,0,0.html

1. Final Fantasy Tactics: The Lion War (PSP)
2. Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (DS)
3. Super Paper Mario (Wii)
4. Wii Sports (Wii)
5. More Brain Training (DS)
6. Momotarou Dentetsu DS: Tokyo & Japan (DS)
7. New Super Mario Bros. (DS)
8. Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree (Wii)
9. More English Training (DS)
10. Brain Training (DS)
I'm amazed at Brain Training. This is it's 104th week since release.
creamsugar said:
Famitsu hardware 5/7 - 5/13

DSL - 160,009
Wii - 55,724
PSP - 33,438
PS2 - 11,854
PS3 - 8,962
360 - 2,369
Wii shipments took a hit, but holy crap at PS3. Maybe Famitsu is lowballing the number since they seemed too high last week.

Evlar

Banned
ziran said:

PS3:

Wii:
DK Bongo Blast June 28th
Interesting that Wii's May lineup is pretty weak as well (RE4 will sell well but it's a port up, like Ninja Gaiden Sigma). Nobody really expects that to be a big problem from a sales point of view though since Wii already has two proven killer apps and a couple games bubbling away that could develop into monsters (SPM and BBA:Wii). So what looks like a barren wasteland on one side looks like catching your breath before a monster wave on the other.

Wii's summer lineup looks pretty good (for summer). DQS is gonna CRUSH NGS.

Jammy

Banned
ziran said:

PS3:

Wii:
DK Bongo Blast June 28th

That's a very solid Wii list and the odd thing is that all of those games release in the summer months. Seriously, before PS3 owners can get any excitement going at the sight of seeing a new game release for their system of choice, RE4: Wii Edition and Harvest Moon Wii release. Those are franchise games and have the potential to sell quite well for the given userbase, etc. And then before PS3 can get any momentum going with Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Hot Shots Golf 5, Wii releases include DQSwords (biggest game of the summer) and a Power Pro baseball game which always pulls in solid numbers.

Masklinn said:
The reasons are pretty simple:

* Overpriced (not for the tech, but for what the market accepts) and clearly doesn't seem to appeal to consumers, especially in japan
* Extremely hard and costly to develop for, so you need to sell a lot of software to recoup your investment, which can't happen without strong customer support, and we're back to point #1

The only way to change that would be for Sony to:

* release a good number (we're talking at least one or two a month) of very high quality first-party and second-party titles for the next 6 months, and at least 60% need to be "mass-market" oriented not hardcore gamers oriented so the software draws customers in. Some party games would also be advised here.
* Drop the price again (in japan) to Xb-360 levels so that the customers can afford the machine

Failing that, the customers won't be interested in the machine, and if the customers aren't interested third party doesn't have any reason to dev for the PS3 (the xbox360 itself doesn't sell but it nicely sells software and opens huge possibilities in the NA market, and the Wii is pretty much fated to become the #1 console this gen unless Sony performs a miracle or two in the upcoming weeks/months)

But of course Sony doesn't have Nintendo's first-party strength, so requirement #1 is pretty much impossible to fullfill.

Even if this happened Sony would be messed, because with a price-drop and a trickle of games they still would have to compete with Nintendo bombarding the market and the Power of Wii Sports.

test_account

XP-39C²
Masklinn said:
* Extremely hard and costly to develop for

Dont know about costs, but about "extremely hard to program for", this has changed now that development tools are out. It was the same with PS2, hard to program for in the begining, but when the tools came out it was much easier.

Jokeropia said:
Wii shipments took a hit, but holy crap at PS3. Maybe Famitsu is lowballing the number since they seemed too high last week.
Yeah, there is something weird here, hasn't Famitsu tracked Wii like 50k less than MC in two weeks? And now at 55k, I wonder what will MC do, put Wii at 5k? :lol

Someone has Wii weekly hardware comparison between MC and Famitsu? This is a tough petition I guess :/

test_account said:
Dont know about costs, but about "extremely hard to program for", this has changed now that development tools are out. It was the same with PS2, hard to program for in the begining, but when the tools came out it was much easier.

I'm not sure how accurate that is.

Roi

Pachael said:
Is this a good time to wear this shirt? (Taken from UK:R)

4p4yr5s.jpg

Wii are all in a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine

PS At least the X360 has a chance in the US, otherwise well

:lol :lol :lol !

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
ziran said:
Wii:
DK Bongo Blast June 28th
When is Mario Party 8 released?

Scum

ziran said:
Famitsu Top 10 May 7-13:
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2007/05/16/103,1179308618,71799,0,0.html

1. Final Fantasy Tactics: The Lion War (PSP)
2. Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (DS)
3. Super Paper Mario (Wii)
4. Wii Sports (Wii)
5. More Brain Training (DS)
6. Momotarou Dentetsu DS: Tokyo & Japan (DS)
7. New Super Mario Bros. (DS)
8. Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree (Wii)
9. More English Training (DS)
10. Brain Training (DS)

Holy zombie, Jesus @ NSMB! Those are some really loooonnnnggg legs! :lol :lol

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Taurus said:
Who cares about Japan anyway? They can keep their sick hentai and tentacle games! Japan is irrelevant. Stop posting Japanese sales numbers, I bet less than 1% of people here in GAF actually live in Japan. What's the point then?

Let's see some numbers that really matter! Who's with me!?

MOAR Please.

The Wii is lacking in any of those loli rape sims.

ziran said:

PS3:

I think the Gamecube had a better lineup then this in its waning days.

Wii:
DK Bongo Blast June 28th

Now thats a nice lineup. I hope Dewy sells a good amount so that the team can keep supporting the Wii.

ziran

cw_sasuke said:
That's the date Play Asia has. I think it's due for release in NA in September, so late July for Japan doesn't seem too far off.

marc^o^ said:
When is Mario Party 8 released?
I'm not sure, I think it just has a Summer date in Japan at the moment.

Masklinn

Accept one saviour, get the second free.
test_account said:
Dont know about costs, but about "extremely hard to program for", this has changed now that development tools are out.
No, it's become slightly easier, but you still have tools that are under the quality of what you can get from MS, and you still have to program a massively concurrent system which is extremely hard in and of itself, especially if your only languages to do so are C and C++ which blow donkey balls for concurrency problems.

Masklinn said:
No, it's become slightly easier, but you still have tools that are under the quality of what you can get from MS, and you still have to program a massively concurrent system which is extremely hard in and of itself, especially if your only languages to do so are C and C++ which blow donkey balls for concurrency problems.

Oh good. I was preparing this overly long explanation, and you said it simply.

But yeah, they're just tools, and Microsoft's are quite a bit ahead of what Sony's offering. There is no "make game" button on the PS3 devkits.

jimbo

Banned
creamsugar said:
Famitsu hardware 5/7 - 5/13

DSL - 160,009
Wii - 55,724
PSP - 33,438
PS2 - 11,854
PS3 - 8,962
360 - 2,369

Hoooooooly Shiiiiiiiii.

The flying pigs and cows are ready to be released Eternal Sonata week.

jimbo said:
Hoooooooly Shiiiiiiiii.

The flying pigs and cows are ready to be released Eternal Sonata week.

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

king zell

ziran said:
Wii:
Jissen Pachi-Slot Pachinko Hisshouh May 25th
DK Bongo Blast June 28th
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core July 26th
Jigsaw Puzzle: Kyou no Wanko July 26th
Kidou Senshi Gundam: MS Sensen 0079 July 26th

more games add ( Gundam , GG , Jissen Pachinko ) :)

jimbo

Banned
Taurus said:
Who cares about Japan anyway? They can keep their sick hentai and tentacle games! Japan is irrelevant. Stop posting Japanese sales numbers, I bet less than 1% of people here in GAF actually live in Japan. What's the point then?

Let's see some numbers that really matter! Who's with me!?

Don't worry NPD comes out tomorrow.........

jimbo

Banned
Cheesemeister said:
Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

Yep.:lol

That perfectly describes what would happen on GAF.

Cheesemeister said:

Sounds delicious.

Ironically, I've been reading this thread for like two pages, and I only just now picked up on the new Famitsu numbers. Just... wow....

cvxfreak said:
Joshua, how long till the 360 surpasses the original Xbox?

I don't believe it's trending to pass the original xbox...

Unless you're looking for a stat that says "at the current rate it would take 23 years..." just to have perspective on its awful failure...

jimbo

Banned
cvxfreak said:
Joshua, how long till the 360 surpasses the original Xbox?

before the end of the year

RiskyChris said:
I don't believe it's trending to pass the original xbox...

Unless you're looking for a stat that says "at the current rate it would take 23 years..." just to have perspective on its awful failure...

You're joking right?

As of last week the 360 was at 368k. The original Xbox sold ~475k units total.

At 2k per week, the 360 would sell ~50k by October 30th of this year, putting its total at 418k. That would give it Nov and Dec to sell ~50k units to tie the original Xbox. For comparison, the 360 sold 50k units two weeks after BD came out in Dec 2006.

Top Bottom