• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/30 - 5/06

MasterMFauli said:
Until then we´ll have dozens of rumor-numbers, that we that way have to discuss in here >_<
New thread needed.
We've survived this in the past, we can survive this week. Where have you been?

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Masklinn said:
Drama, fear, blood, hatred and bitter, bitter tears.
Mmm, I wonder how salty they will taste this week!

creamsugar said:
Famitsu hardware 5/7 - 5/13

DSL - 160,009
Wii - 55,724
PSP - 33,438
PS2 - 11,854
PS3 - 8,962
360 - 2,369
The DS still sell so many units after all this time.

Masklinn

Accept one saviour, get the second free.
creamsugar said:

DSL - 160,009
Wii - 55,724
PSP - 33,438
PS2 - 11,854
PS3 - 8,962
360 - 2,369
Uh oh, Wii down near 50% from previous week, only outselling PS3 by 6:1, looks veerrry bad for nintendo.

edit: dammit Stumpokapow!

In other news, the PSP is the only console that almost didn't go down, with the DS being down more than 100,000 units from previous week.

creamsugar said:

DSL - 160,009
Wii - 55,724
PSP - 33,438
PS2 - 11,854
PS3 - 8,962
360 - 2,369

Makes sense. The people who would've bumped this total to 10k+ bought PS3s the previous 2 weeks.

test_account

XP-39C²
Masklinn said:
Uh oh, Wii going down 50% from previous week, only outselling PS3 by 6:1, looks veerrry bad for nintendo.

Was just thinking the same thing hehe. Wii sale drops like 50%, damn! It also dropped like 1.2% last week too. Nintendo is doomed? :(

Threi

notag
creamsugar said:

DSL - 160,009
Wii - 55,724
PSP - 33,438
PS2 - 11,854
PS3 - 8,962
360 - 2,369

"HEY EVERYBODY ITS THAT GUY THAT LAUGHS AT EVERYTHING LETS ALL LAUGH AT HIM (PS3)"

"HA HA!"

Tommorow is going to be the stuff where legends are born.

DSXBoy

creamsugar said:

DSL - 160,009
Wii - 55,724
PSP - 33,438
PS2 - 11,854
PS3 - 8,962
360 - 2,369

famitsu always under-estimate Wii hardware sales, last week's figures were 26k out. I expect around 75k for Wii sales on Media Create.

test_account

XP-39C²
Magicpaint said:
Famitsu had Wii at ~75k last week, stop comparing Famitsu with Media-Create.

Never! You cant stop me!
Nevertheless, it was a joke :p Doesnt matter if its 50% or 25%, i would still have used the joke :p

Masklinn

test_account said:
Was just thinking the same thing hehe. Wii sale drops like 50%, damn! It also dropped like 1.2% last week too. Nintendo is doomed? :(
Yeah the DS dropped like a rock too, it's down 120,000 units from previous week (while the PSP stayed almost constant, only went down 2000 units), Ninty is obviously in a very bad position.

We have to wait next week to see if a trend sets in, but I'm not optimistic on the outcome for Nintendo.

They had a good run though.

Yeah I know these numbers shouldn't be compared to previous week's MC numbers

test_account

XP-39C²
Masklinn said:
Yeah the DS dropped like a rock too, it's down 120,000 units from previous week (while the PSP stayed almost constant, only went down 2000 units), Ninty is obviously in a very bad position.

We have to wait next week to see if a trend sets in, but I'm not optimistic on the outcome for Nintendo.

They had a good run though.

Indeed ;)

Isn't there usually a huge disparity between Famitsu and Media Create though? I woudn't be surprised if the MC numbers were higher across the board, pulling the PS3 to over 10k.

Eteric Rice

BAIL OUT! :lol

145395232.gif

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
:D

I can't wait MediaCreate numbers.

This week is going to be fun.

Nintendo is kicking ass, ****ing kicking Sony's ass! :lol

First the software as nowadays the best seller are Nintendo-Type games, second... Sony selling low numbers (not PSP though which is holding nicely for such a portfolio!), and third seeing third parties bailing out from PS3 development.

4 years ago, this was all I wanted to see. Now I'm in joy and joke constant life, with no need for food or drink. I just need MC charts! :lol

EDIT:
sailomoon040.gif
It's Party Time! :D

Avrum

Eteric Rice said:
BAIL OUT! :lol

145395232.gif

I love how you turned a scene from that trashy movie into such delicious wine. :lol

But wow, if PS3 is indeed under 10k, I expect to see some very creative spinnage the likes which we have never seen.

I'm more optimistic on NPD as I expect the PS3 to actually be a bit higher than even the March NPD.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Geeeeez...any other retail chains going to stop stocking PS3s at this rate?
Jonnyram said:
I'm thinking the 360 might actually sell more than the PS3 the week Trusty Bell comes out... what the hell is going on?
That would generate one epic and awesome reaction thread...

Link1110

DS is back to its totals from before 2 weeks ago.

2 weeks ago FF12:RW came out, sales spike
Last week was Golden Week, sales spike
This week has no major releases, back to the status quo

lherre

Accurate
Two last ps3 games released in japan ...

- Madden 07
- Blazing Angels

=

.... 8962

And the next game is on juny?? Ninja gaiden Sigma?? One month without a game??

Very bad Sony, VERY BAD.

PD: Nintendo VERY GOOD:lol

Masklinn

Zerodoppler said:
Not enough games out yet. Things will be more interesting when the big games starts to show up.
I'd wager it'll be too little, too late.
The Sphinx said:
Man, it's GOT to hit bottom soon... Doesn't it?
Sky's the limit Xbox360 is the rock bottom!

I want to see that crash

Taurus

Who cares about Japan anyway? They can keep their sick hentai and tentacle games! Japan is irrelevant. Stop posting Japanese sales numbers, I bet less than 1% of people here in GAF actually live in Japan. What's the point then?

Let's see some numbers that really matter! Who's with me!?

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Taurus said:
Who cares about Japan anyway? They can keep their sick hentai and tentacle games! Japan is irrelevant. Stop posting Japanese sales numbers, I bet less than 1% of people here in GAF actually live in Japan. What's the point then?

Let's see some numbers that really matter! Who's with me!?

Ban? :p (if you were a junior...)

Top Bottom