• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/9 - 4/15

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Cheesemeister said:
At this week's rate, the Wii will reach 3 million in 12 weeks, 1.5 weeks before PS3 hits 1 million.

Yeah, i just figured that out. Hopefully golden week will make things more interesting.

s_20070409.png
[/QUOTE]

:lol Pac-man's mouth is slowly closing.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Sony has no one to blame but themselves. It isn't even the f*cking price anymore, it's just a lack of software. I can't believe how un-aggressive Sony is about Japan. What the f*ck are they doing?

Hey Japanese people, here you go, a an American football game you don't give two rice grains about.

jimbo

Banned
Jonnyram said:
Wow at the PS3 hardware number... really.
Price drop imminent?
Early adopters shafted?
Saturn ver 2?

Didn't Saturn do really good its first 2 years though in Japan?

At the rate its declining in Europe, I think the 360 can outsell the PS3 worldwide with JUST US sales. :lol

AlphaSnake said:
Sony has no one to blame but themselves. It isn't even the f*cking price anymore, it's just a lack of software. I can't believe how un-aggressive Sony is about Japan. What the f*ck are they doing?

Hey Japanese people, here you go, a an American football game you don't give two rice grains about.

yeah they dropped the ball with the PSP as well, not aggressive at all. I don't think they really care.

apujanata

Diablos54 said:
Wow, next week must be less than 10k for Sony?! :lol :lol

If the trend continued. Which is not a guaranteed thing, you know.

Compare :
PS3 : April Week 3 (10-16), 2007 : 11,948
GCN : April Week 2 (08-14), 2002 : 10,611
GCN : April Week 3 (15-21), 2002 : 11,400

PC Gaijin

Jonnyram said:
Saturn ver 2?

Sony should hope for Saturn-levels of success. Saturn at least competed for a good two years on hardware and longer on software...PS3 is getting bitch-slapped inside half a year. :lol

Maybe GC or Mega Drive levels of success in Japan are realistic for PS3?

sphinx

the piano man
Someone please answer:

why aren't there any PS3 titles? what are developers up to?

They aren't necessarily producing Wii titles, and 360 titles are out of the question so WHAT are publishers and developers doing in japan???

rage1973

sphinx said:
Someone please answer:

They aren't necessarily producing Wii titles, and 360 titles are out of the question so WHAT are publishers and developers doing in japan???
Making DS games?

sphinx said:
Someone please answer:

Perhaps you missed these stats:

Cheesemeister said:
Code:
Hardware - This Week | Last Week |       YTD |        LTD
1. NDS   -   133,471 |   110,935 | 2,174,697 | 16,180,376
2. WII   -    75,759 |    52,583 | 1,170,417 |  2,090,060
3. PSP   -    24,850 |    31,503 |   740,904 |  5,273,033
4. PS2   -    12,872 |    14,234 |   285,807 | 20,440,666

New for the week of 4/16 - 4/22:
PS2 - 4
PSP - 2
NDS - 6
WII - 2

sphinx

the piano man
rage1973 said:
Making DS games?

look, I know what you mean but there as a time somewhere 2002 and 2004 where the Top 50 what 80% PS2 3rd party titles ( rest was GBA, more or less) .

did they give up home console software developing to devote themselves to handheld gaming? are you telling me home console gaming is on the verge of dying in japan????

fresquito

sphinx said:
look, I know what you mean but there as a time somewhere 2002 and 2004 where the Top 50 what 80% PS2 3rd party titles ( rest was GBA, more or less) .

did they give up home console software developing to devote themselves to handheld gaming? are you telling me home console gaming is on the verge of dying in japan????
The story is as simple as this: PS3 games take lots of time and resources. PS3 is selling shit. Most companies were late to the Wii party and they are shifting focus. The rest is making DS games.

Oh, and you can devote yourself to handheld gaming when the handheld in question is set to break all records in Japan.

Jonnyram

You know, thinking about what Square Enix plans with the FFXIII franchise, why don't they just save the actual main game until last and release all the shitty spin-offs first? That way the PS3 might have a userbase big enough to support a full-on FF.

Odysseus

Banned
Jonnyram said:
You know, thinking about what Square Enix plans with the FFXIII franchise, why don't they just save the actual main game until last and release all the shitty spin-offs first? That way the PS3 might have a userbase big enough to support a full-on FF.

or they could avoid all that and just move the game to a system with a growing userbase now

fresquito

Jonnyram said:
The B plan is to transform the announced PS3 game into a spinoff and release the real FFXIII on the DS or the Wii.

Or could it be A plan?

Jonnyram said:

I seriously feel bad for Square and all of the other big devs with high production value games coming to the PS3 right now. I mean those games look killer and the PS3 is a beast but with these kinds of sales how the hell can they make a profit?

IF Software sells Hardware maybe just maybe japanese people will start buying PS3 when those big games hit.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I called this since the begining. I knew the PS3 would be another PSX in Japan. An all in one wonder that bombed right out the gate.

mutsu

Smiles and Cries said:
IF Software sells Hardware maybe just maybe japanese people will start buying PS3 when those big games hit.

Half price PS3 with FF13 packaged = Japan will explode. I kid I kid.

Maybe all these excess of stock of the PS3, it may end up being a good thing. At least they will have plenty of stock available when FF13 launches.

GDGF said:
I called this since the begining. I knew the PS3 would be another PSX in Japan. An all in one wonder that bombed right out the gate.

I called it a PSX too, but was hoping it would not be the case
I want a price drop though I never wanted a Sony system as bad as I want a PS3

Top Bottom