• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/9 - 4/15

If I was Sony I would hire a street team of a few hundred in Japan to go out and purchase 20k PS3s each and every week. Bring them back to the Sony Office and have them shipped out to some Chinese Black Market. Do this every week to maintain a steady sales image in Japan.

Sure you would bleed about 12 Million per week but Sony would get to keep its killer exclusives :D

AniHawk

Rur0ni said:
I wonder to myself, can Sony financially do a PS4 if PS3 fails horribly?

I dunno. Even when the Gamecube 1 was selling like the PS3 is now, I killed 13 people and hid the bodies in specially marked boxes of Virtua Fighter 5. Nintendo was turning a profit and had a few million sellers on the system. I really don't see that happening for the PS3 judging by hard it's bombing. The 360 is what the PS3 was supposed to be. I guess if Blu Ray eventually becomes the big thing, then PS3s will still sell like the PSP is, but most publishers have to be bailing out their exclusives at a rapid rate.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Doom_Bringer said:
Looks like HD era is almost dead in Japan. Soon the only Japanese developer making next gen games will be Capcom.

Kinda sad

Keep it coming..

your tears sustain me

quest

Not Banned from OT
Doom_Bringer said:
Looks like HD era is almost dead in Japan. Soon the only Japanese developer making next gen games will be Capcom.

Kinda sad

Not sad they have a choice like capcom did. Bring the games to the 360 make a killing in the west not that hard. I am sure more 3rd parties in japan will follow capcom's lead. I think it is great to see japan 3rd party support more divided up instead of all on 1 machine.

TheGreatDave said:
Nobody had any faith in Wii until May 06, and even then it's only recently they've been able to look at sales and know for sure the product's hot. So I'm not giving up hope yet, although I do share your fears somewhat.

I wouldn't worry. We're just now seeing the fruits of bandwagon-jumping third-parties on the DS. The Wii will have its day.

Mar

Yeah, you'd have to be a bit mad to not think DQX is going to Wii. And that game is a license to print money, and the cascading effect of more sales = more dev support. You'd really have to believe Wii has won next-gen in Japan.

Mar_ said:
Yeah, you'd have to be a bit mad to not think DQX is going to Wii. And that game is a license to print money, and the cascading effect of more sales = more dev support. You'd really have to believe Wii has won next-gen in Japan.

Yes it seems obvious. But maybe too obvious. In fact it seems so obvious that it probably won't happen.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Mar_ said:

It is possible, if it goes to the DS it could go to the Wii.

Personally I just want to see more bitter tears, because now they know what it is like to be a sega fan.

AniHawk said:
I dunno. Even when the Gamecube 1 was selling like the PS3 is now,

isee.jpg

Mar

Hcoregamer00 said:
It is possible, if it goes to the DS it could go to the Wii.

Personally I just want to see more bitter tears, because now they know what it is like to be a sega fan.

If only Sony had a mascot. Because you could have some fun and games with an image like this:

250px-MarioSonicOlympics.jpg

I was a Sega fanboy once. But I became unfaithful way before they started to die. So really their demise didn't mean anything to me.

Hcoregamer00

Mar_ said:
If only Sony had a mascot. Because you could have some fun and games with an image like this:

250px-MarioSonicOlympics.jpg

I was a Sega fanboy once. But I became unfaithful way before they started to die. So really their demise didn't mean anything to me.

Cheater!!! You could have at least stuck with the Dreamcast until Sega announced they were going mutiplatform.

Next Gen prediction:

Sony joins Nintendo and they announce WiiStation(tm)

It will be cheap and low powered... some people will say its just "Two Playstation 3s duck tapped together with Waggle 2.0"

KINGMOKU

Doom_Bringer said:
I don't own any of the three systems but the graphic whore within me will cry! I would buy a WII in a heartbeat if it got Final Fantasy XIII.
Better get up early, and get in line Sunday then.

Man moku, if FFXIII or a new FNC game that rivals FFXIII in importance is announced for the Wii, that'll be some day for you. The mods will have to temporarily change the forum name from "Gaming Discussion" to "Games And Also Jerking Off Moku".

Tiktaalik

The Wii has proven that you can be successful by ignoring the next gen and instead by releasing a "1.5" edition of your current console. With this in mind, I think we can expect that the PS4 will be two PS3's duct taped together.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Do we usually get 1st day numbers on Friday? SPM is out today right?

felipeko

Tiktaalik said:
The Wii has proven that you can be successful by ignoring the next gen and instead by releasing a "1.5" edition of your current console. With this in mind, I think we can expect that the PS4 will be two PS3's duct taped together.
By now i think it's safe to say that Wii is a real next-gen and the other two are something like old-next-gen...

legend166

Yeah, cause that's exactly what Nintendo was thinking. "GameCube was sooooo successful, let's just release GameCube 1.5 and we'll be rolling in the cash!"

Why do people always seem to forget the controller in just about everything?

legend166 said:
Yeah, cause that's exactly what Nintendo was thinking. "GameCube was sooooo successful, let's just release GameCube 1.5 and we'll be rolling in the cash!"

That's why they add "+waggle gimmick".

Tiktaalik

legend166 said:

I'm not really being serious. Of course the controller is a big deal. The price plays a big factor as well.

xabre

Banned
I always wondered how a Playstation console would perform if the third parties jumped ship. I guess we'll be seeing the effect of that soon enough (if not already) when sales slow even further. Nintendo always had the lure of their big name legacy titles to pull them through these sorts of spots, what does Sony have exactly?

The best they can hope for with MGS4 and FFXIII now are timed exclusives, and even that is no sure-fire thing. Exclusivity of such bug budget games on a console with these sorts of sales makes no logical financial sense at all.

The PS3 has done irreversible maximum damage to the Playstation brand name and they aren't the sort of company I can see recovering success anywhere near reminiscent of the PS1/PS2 glory days in subsequent generations either. The Playstation era is being left behind.

MS must be trying very hard right now to get some money hats over to the MGS4 and FFXIII teams if not they are missing out on a good chance to fight off the Wii

apujanata

Poor Sony. I might have to hop into Moku train. I will wait another months before deciding whether to jump into the train or not.

fresquito

It's going to be hard, really hard for Sony to recover from this. Nintendo has been in a hole for two generations, but they still managed to have profits all along, however Sony... I don't really know what they will cling to. That's what happens when you try to use your most recognizable brand as a Troy horse.

It's going to be a bitter trip for the SDF, they aren't used to this, even in the better times, Nintendo fans had to deal with Sega fans. Xbox fans never tasted the honey of victory and Sega fans... well, what can I say about tghem that we don't know already? On the other hand, PS era was so unstopable that the SDF is only trained to laugh at others.

Will see them cry from moku's train :lol

you know I love the underdogs, I would not mind seeing Sony pull out of this alive
but damn after all the ribbing we got from Sony fans I dunno how to feel right now

quest

Not Banned from OT
Smiles and Cries said:
MS must be trying very hard right now to get some money hats over to the MGS4 and FFXIII teams if not they are missing out on a good chance to fight off the Wii

I would guess it is to late no way any company has a 10+ million dollar exclusive on the Ps3 with out money hatting. Sony had to money hat those 2 games a while ago or atleast 1 would be multiplatform by now.

AniHawk

Smiles and Cries said:
you know I love the underdogs, I would not mind seeing Sony pull out of this alive
but damn after all the ribbing we got from Sony fans I dunno how to feel right now

This is payback for the all the Dreamcast shit.

DIE MOTHER****ERS DIE. MY FIFTEEN YEAR OLD SELF STABS AT THEE!

Lobster

Banned
Smiles and Cries said:
Next Gen prediction:

Sony joins Nintendo and they announce WiiStation(tm)

It will be cheap and low powered... some people will say its just "Two Playstation 3s duck tapped together with Waggle 2.0"

Then Nintendo will bail out and join Phillips at E3 and make Sony look like idiots again. Then Sony will make an amazing console. Then the next gen after that amazing console. Sega will make Dreamcast 2 but then Sony will kill them again, Nintendo will release the Nintendo "to the power of 4" which will fail but get all the resident evil games and Microsoft will buy a victory. Ahh..The circle of gaming life.

Hcoregamer00

AniHawk said:
This is payback for the all the Dreamcast shit.

DIE MOTHER****ERS DIE. MY FIFTEEN YEAR OLD SELF STABS AT THEE!

LOL, I feel the same way, but the RPG lineup of the PS2 made me love the console I used to hate :D

mugwhump

Tiktaalik said:
Two PS3's combined would be far too powerful. The 4th dimension would probably just collapse.

Branduil

Nah, here's how it will happen: In 2009, Sony announces they're going third-party. Later they announce that Nintendo has licensed their Cell technology for their new system, the Wiii. The Wiii is backwards compatible with the Wii and the PS3, and goes on sale for 299 US dollars at Holiday 2010.

Top Bottom