• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 6/11 - 6/17

Cruceh

Banned
VerTiGo said:
Does Lost Odyssey get released before any significant PS3 RPGs (are there even any in the pipeline aside from the multiplatform Lost Remnant and FF13 and friends?)
Folksoul is next week, which might be interesting. Who knows.
And wow, 360 had a 200% increase. :eek:

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Has anyone reported the shipment for Folk Soul next week?

Dead Rising Platinum hits at 40, nice.

360 is only 100,000 behind xbox now. Should overtake it by the end of the year. I hope TB Bundles make 360 sell a bit better for a few weeks.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Seriously, this is getting downright scary. I mean that's the closest an MS console has ever had with its competitors in Japan. Imagine if PS3 didn't get its 'bump'.

In other news, is there any reason why the PSP increased its sales by almost 10,000 units from last week with no notable releases? No other console has had this sort of notable increase

LanceStern said:
In other news, is there any reason why the PSP increased its sales by almost 10,000 units from last week with no notable releases? No other console has had this sort of notable increase
Delayed FFII bump?

schuelma

The Sphinx said:
A bump of 700 units. WOW.

Yeah..I thought it would do better than that.

What kind of bump are we talking next week..Gundabump or Sigmabump?

schuelma

Cheesemeister said:
You're seeing the Sigmabump: 700 units.

Yeah that's what I meant- for next week is Folksouls going to be a non existent temporary bump (Sigmabump) or a noticable temporary bump (Gundabump).

GhaleonEB

Cheesemeister said:
You're seeing the Sigmabump: 700 units. Trustybump is 5000 units.
I said wow. I really thought the PS3 would get a nice bump of several thousand units, and the 360 would maybe double. 360 sales will drop through the floor again next week, but it does highlight just how poorly the PS3 is doing when the 360 is within 2,000 units. 0_o

GhaleonEB said:
I said wow. I really thought the PS3 would get a nice bump of several thousand units, and the 360 would maybe double.

In fact, 360 sales more than tripled.

"What's 52 million times zero?! And don't tell me it's zero!"

Jokeropia

Wii is now officially tracking ahead of PS2 btw. 2,734,994 vs. 2,725,751 after 28 weeks each. (Wii numbers MC and PS2 Famitsu, but still.) Considering that the PS2 shortages caused by the NA launch only got worse at this point, it will continue to pull ahead during the upcoming months.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
ghostbusters.jpg

Jesus Christ, that was F*CKING CLOSE!

The Wii is guaranteed to reach 3 million sold before the PS3 hits 1 million. If we assume--like an idiot--constant hardware sales, when the PS3 hits 2 million, how many Wiis will have sold?

10 million.

That would be in over 2 years.

lupin23rd

The disproportionate bump of TB is due to hardware collectors wanting to pick up EVERY iteration of EVERY console ever released.

Any of you see that guy in the TC4 thread with all the GunCons? Think along those lines, but instead a few thousand Japanese video gamers with boxes upon boxes of mint, in some cases in-the-box-never-opened consoles in his closet.

Hardcore.

m

angelfly

Wow @ PS3 numbers. So what's the next "Wait for X" game for PS3? A couple more games like Trusty Bell and I think 360 might actually have a chance in Japan but maybe I'm being overly optimistic.

Xeke

Banned
angelfly said:
Wow @ PS3 numbers. So what's the next "Wait for X" game for PS3? A couple more games like Trusty Bell and I think 360 might actually have a chance in Japan but maybe I'm being overly optimistic.

Yea you are. But that's okay.

Hollywood_mIRC said:
Wow, isn't this the PS2's worst numbers stretch in a long time? The mighty stalworth is finally dying off I think.

The scary thing is the people who were dropping off from PS2 were supposed to pick up the PS3 instead (ie GB - GBA - DS)... but that's not happening.

I still think PS3 can turn things around with the right releases. But that thought is QUICKLY vanishing

Hollywood_mIRC said:
Wow, isn't this the PS2's worst numbers stretch in a long time? The mighty stalworth is finally dying off I think.

The same could be said for the PS3. At least the PS2 has reached 20m...

Top Bottom