• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 7/23 - 7/29

Defuser

Oldschool said:
Really bad sales for It´s a Wonderful World.

Should 've been a FF spin-off.:lol
Not really,if it wasn't for MnG and MP8, I'm sure it would have shot up to #1

SRG01 said:
Liberty City Stories? What the hell? I thought that game was ancient.....?

Japan always get GTA games very late. GTA4 will most likely be in Japan's hands in 2009.

How the heck is that BAD for IAWW?

- New IP
- New Artstyle
- Risky new Gameplay

And it did almost 100k (round 77k) it's first week. Don't tell me that's bad, that's a great first start, and if it's a quality title it will spread by word of mouth.

What's very good as well is Taiko sales, but I'm very :( for Animal Crossing. It's never been out of the Top 30 before and I don't want it to start.

HANG IN THERE CHAMP!!!

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
AniHawk said:
There's no earthly way of knowing, which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing -- or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? YES, THE DANGER MUST BE GROWING, FOR THE ROWERS KEEP ON ROWING, AND THEY'RE CERTAINLY NOT SHOWING ANY SIGNS THAT THEY ARE SLOWING!

WOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

6b4mqlk.gif
29f5md3.gif
6b4mqlk.gif
29f5md3.gif
6b4mqlk.gif
29f5md3.gif
6b4mqlk.gif

29f5md3.gif
6b4mqlk.gif
29f5md3.gif
6b4mqlk.gif
29f5md3.gif
6b4mqlk.gif
29f5md3.gif

6b4mqlk.gif
29f5md3.gif
6b4mqlk.gif
29f5md3.gif
6b4mqlk.gif
29f5md3.gif
6b4mqlk.gif

29f5md3.gif
6b4mqlk.gif
29f5md3.gif
6b4mqlk.gif
29f5md3.gif
6b4mqlk.gif
29f5md3.gif

6b4mqlk.gif
29f5md3.gif
6b4mqlk.gif
29f5md3.gif
6b4mqlk.gif
29f5md3.gif
6b4mqlk.gif
Let me follow your lead Ani

panic_attack.jpg
panic_attack.jpg

panic_attack.jpg
panic_attack.jpg

AniHawk

MP8 - best the franchise has ever done. Too bad the series is shit.
MNG5 - pretty disappointing, but that's pretty much what you should expect from PS3 these days. The top selling game in Japan for the thing might hit 500k, but it'll have to have insane legs to join its predecessors (excluding the PSP release)
Taiko - Where the **** did this come from
Wonderful World - stick to ports and remakes SE. Nobody wants original games from you
GTALCS - You kinda forget this series is popular in Japan. Then you remember it's even more popular on far more successful systems.
Gundam - failure
ESIV - pretty good, all things considered. It might even beat Blue Dragon!! THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!!
Phantom Hourglass - hang in there, little buddy
Baseball sequel 14 - okay i guess
Wii Sports - it will never die.

sphinx

the piano man
.- on The Mario Party 8 vs Minna no Golf 5 incident

I had some crazy expectations for Minna no Golf based on 2 things: Vinnk reported that Sony was pushing the game and the bundle REALLY hard. It was the first game on the PS3's existence to receive that kind of treatment and that fact that japanese love their minna no golf.

Japanese had to choose between 2 ways of thinking:

1.- " PS3 is expensive but I love MnG so much, I'd buy the console "
2.- " I love MnG, pity it appears on a console I am not going to buy "

Sadly, the numbers show it was the 2nd sentence the one that reflects the way of thinking in Japan. Yes, the game sold "well" and bundles might sell some units but the fact the MnG5 broke the flawless chain of better 1st week sales with each iteration of the franchise speaks for itself. There is no positive spin to the fact that your " GAME #4" sold like 430k in its first week and your " GAME #5" sells 152k on the same time. Regardless of different consoles, and different userbases.

as for Mario party 8?

MP8's number is exactly the number Mng5 should have reached and viceversa.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
http://sinobi.ameblo.jp/ said:
他の新作から1日遅れの27日発売であった
DS「すばらしきこのせかい」は初週で約8万本を販売、
消化率は4割程度と微妙なライン。
限定のソフト同梱本体も未だに残っているショップが多く
ソフト単品は週明けから若干の値崩れも始まっている。
Can someone translate this? Although IaWW has better debut numbers compared to a lot of other games, I don't think sinobi's report is all that positive. S-E probably expected a lot more out of it.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
LanceStern said:
How the heck is that BAD for IAWW?

- New IP
- New Artstyle
- Risky new Gameplay

And it did almost 100k (round 77k) it's first week. Don't tell me that's bad, that's a great first start, and if it's a quality title it will spread by word of mouth.

What's very good as well is Taiko sales, but I'm very :( for Animal Crossing. It's never been out of the Top 30 before and I don't want it to start.

HANG IN THERE CHAMP!!!

I think it is bad because the sales will make squareenix look at it and stick with not making new IP's and just go on the FF milkfest. I hope it has legs and surprises us in the end.

Kinda like how Gyakuten Saiban 4 sold 455,000 copies for the first quarter sales, when it dissapeared from the top ten with 320,000.

Innotech

Banned
sphinx said:
.- on The Mario Party 8 vs Minna no Golf 5 incident

I had some crazy expectations for Minna no Golf based on 2 things: Vinnk reported that Sony was pushing the game and the bundle REALLY hard. It was the first game on the PS3's existence to receive that kind of treatment and that fact that japanese love their minna no golf.

Japanese had to choose between 2 ways of thinking:

1.- " PS3 is expensive but I love MnG so much, I'd buy the console "
2.- " I love MnG, pity it appears on a console I am not going to buy "

Sadly, the numbers show it was the 2nd sentence the one that reflects the way of thinking in Japan. Yes, the game sold "well" and bundles might sell some units but the fact the MnG5 broke the flawless chain of better 1st week sales with each iteration of the franchise speaks for itself. There is no positive spin to the fact that your " GAME #4" sold like 430k in its first week and your " GAME #5" sells 152k on the same time. Regardless of different consoles, and different userbases.

as for Mario party 8?

MP8's number is exactly the number Mng5 should have reached and viceversa.

I wonder if perhaps the existence of wii sports, Tiger woods, and Super Swing Golf Pangya on Wii may have had an impact on Minna no golfs sales. a sort of parisitic effect if you will, slowly eating MNG5 from the inside out with sheer dominance.

TelemachusD said:
I can actually quote that from memory, awesomest part of an awesome movie. (Always fast-forward through "Cheer Up, Charlie").
Bah! There is no "viewing paradise" if there is no "Cheer up, Charlie"

rakka

VultureDude said:
what's the story with Dewy? wasn't it supposed to be advertised as a great new IP? poor reviews? what's the deal?

No one wants to play a game where you're a water droplet

sphinx said:
There is no positive spin to the fact that your " GAME #4" sold like 430k in its first week and your " GAME #5" sells 152k on the same time. Regardless of different consoles, and different userbases.

PS3 the new GameCube confirmed?

他の新作から1日遅れの27日発売であった
DS「すばらしきこのせかい」は初週で約8万本を販売、
消化率は4割程度と微妙なライン。
限定のソフト同梱本体も未だに残っているショップが多く
ソフト単品は週明けから若干の値崩れも始まっている。

It's a Wonderful World sold about 80,000 units in its first week, only about 40% of the initial shipment, garnering only modest lines. Many shops still have the limited edition hardware bundle. Prices started to drop on Monday.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Cheesemeister said:
It's a Wonderful World sold about 80,000 units in its first week, only about 40% of the initial shipment, garnering only modest lines. Many shops still have the limited edition hardware bundle. Prices started to drop on Monday.

OUCH, and price drops NEVER happen in Japan.

They are as stingy as Nintendo.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Cheesemeister said:
Just as I thought, S-E expected much more.

Hcoregamer00 said:
OUCH, and price drops NEVER happen in Japan.

They are as stingy as Nintendo.
It happens all the time, it means the game bombed or was overshipped.

Evlar

Banned
Cheesemeister said:
Damn that's ruthless.

Top Bottom