• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 9/25 - 10/1

donny2112 said:
First week since Brain Training 1 came out that there was no 1) Brain Training 1, 2) Gentle Brain Training, or 3) Brain Training 2, if these are Media-Create's numbers. In other words, there have been zero weeks since BT1 came out that one of those three wasn't in the top ten for Media-Create.

Please correct me, if I'm wrong. :)

This is also a freaking massive week if the #10 game (NSMB) sold > 50K, which it probably did based on past weeks.

holy crap to everything you just said. that's pretty insane if the #10 is over 50k!

Well, if you ask me, that chart is not going to be really on spot...positions will change easily because there many titles that will be around 50k:

Everybody's Tennis (PS2, Sony)
Gundam Battle Royale (PSP, Bandai Namco)
Zaidan Houjin Nippon Kanji Nouryoku Kentei Kyoukai Kounin: KanKen DS (NDS, Rocket Company) -> wtf is this
Final Fantasy III (NDS, Square Enix)
New Super Mario Bros. (NDS, Nintendo)

Then
San Goku Shi XI (PS2, Koei)
hack//G.U. Vol. 2: Kimi Omou Koe (PS2, Bandai Namco)

Sangokushi XI started with 30k...how its going to be 50k the second week? Uh, weird.
.hack vol2 start was better than the first one, which went 90k->20k...so weird too.

Maybe we're overstimating FF3, Mario and such...well, we'll know tomorrow or the next day...

EDIT: Forgot to say, DBZS start was 325k, this sequel seems to be making quite less, I'd say 250k. So unless Pokemon was totally shortage, it should be quite near, and sure above it combined.

Mr. Pointy said:
That's really quite interesting. Gundam Battle Royale should do alright, say 200k-ish; although I'm guessing it'll drop off after 3 weeks. NEO should crack 500k. Minna no Tennis will do well, maybe 600k. FFIII should chug past a million. POKEMANS will be in the top 10 for the next 18 months or so.
Ew...no...

Gundam will pull 50k, maybe a little more, and I think 100k is not even locked. NEO as I said, is lower than its prequel, which cracked 500k by little, so I'd say this one won't hit it.
Minna no Tennis otoh, seems to have the best legs for a PS2 game in a looong time, if it puts >50k again this week, well, I'd say >750k is still a possibility. Agree on pokemon :D

donny2112

ferrarimanf355 said:
(although I wonder who were the three people who bought an Xbox 1...)

It's just an estimate based on actual sales for the stores they survey. It could've really been just two people.

Nin10do

Those numbers always get me from Japan. Less then 10 people bought an original xbox!? In the entire country thats nuts.

Earthstrike said:
My bad. I really had the intention of letting people know that I felt the internet would generate a linguistic phenomenon that would cause numbers to become integrated into words and undergo syntactic inflections just as their written counterparts would.

Jotaro?

ioi

Banned
duderon said:
How the **** do you figure Diamond/Pearl sold 1.6 million when Media Create is reporting 1.8 million, ioi? I thought you always ****ed with the numbers in a positive direction, not the other way around. I know you're trying to make a credible site, but it just isn't.

edit: nevermind, i misread the media create totals.

What a beautifully constructed argument, well done.

I think that chart is a bit suspect, so I wouldn't take it too seriously until the real stuff is out. It would either mean a massive drop for NSMB / BT2 (unlikely) or a massive rise for the other stuff (likewise). Having said that, I'm not expecting much over 500k for Pokemon D/P week 2...

P.s. SNES hardware now added to VG Charts: http://www.vgcharts.org/japconscomps.php?name1=SNES&name2=GB&type=2&align=1

ioi

Banned
GaimeGuy said:
:lol :lol :lol What a great rebuttal to everything he said. :lol

And more advertising. :lol

What do I need to rebutt, he made a fool of himself and answered his own question after being aggressive for no reason?

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
ioi said:
What do I need to rebutt, he made a fool of himself and answered his own question after being aggressive for no reason?

You're right there is no need for a rebuttle since we know you've explained your botched numbers time and time again. It's basically to your discretion what games get a higher percentage increase and what games get a lower percentage increase. I'll stick with a real sales tracking company, thanks.

Deku

Banned
GaimeGuy said:
And more advertising. :lol

I don't mind the advertising. Links are posted to blogs and various opinion pieces that may or may not be directly related to GAF posters all the time here. Kobun's blog is certainly a well known one, but some of the others may also be related to posters here.

The charts provide interesting historical information. I don't really look at them but its there for people to look at. The actual units sold and ltd's may be in dispute but its in the ballpark.

Where else can you find year by year sales pictures of GB? If ioi was peddling his own blog about how much he hates this or that gaming trend, then we can all jump on him.

ioi

Banned
duderon said:
You're right there is no need for a rebuttle since we know you've explained your botched numbers time and time again. It's basically to your discretion what games get a higher percentage increase and what games get a lower percentage increase. I'll stick with a real sales tracking company, thanks.

Well I take it from that you've paid no attention to the afforementioned 'explanations'.

P90

Deku said:
I don't mind the advertising. Links are posted to blogs and various opinion pieces that may or may not be directly related to GAF posters all the time here. Kobun's blog is certainly a well known one, but some of the others may also be related to posters here.

The charts provide interesting historical information. I don't really look at them but its there for people to look at. The actual units sold and ltd's may be in dispute but its in the ballpark.

Where else can you find year by year sales pictures of GB? If ioi was peddling his own blog about how much he hates this or that gaming trend, then we can all jump on him.

+1

The ioi hate is unwarranted.

heidern

linsivvi said:
Microsoft Japan employees just to keep Xbox on the chart?
Unfortunately there have been cutbacks at the Japanese xbox division and because of that they've had to ration how many employees buy an xbox each week, hence why the sales for the xbox have fallen. It was due to these shortages that there has been a week or two where the xbox total sold was zero.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
ioi said:
Well I take it from that you've paid no attention to the afforementioned 'explanations'.
Exactly. Everyone knows that your estimations rely heavily on statistical methods that have been developed and perfected over hundreds of years.

not really. They're just guesses that use the crudest of extrapolation techniques.

ioi

Banned
Every number on that site is within 10% of the number it is supposed to be representing, and the totals at given points in time are even more 'accurate' than that, as are newer titles (the accuracy of the weekly numbers improves the closer you get to today).

The fact that:

1) You couldn't get SNES data from 91 from MC / Famitsu
2) It would be way off the 'actual' sales
and
3) You'd probably pay a lot for it if you could,

combined with the fact that that data in vgcharts is good to any kind of realistic accuracy we would want to compare the performance of different games, and more accurate that one source of data taken alone, means that you should stfu and just enjoy the site like everyone else does.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
CoolTrick said:
Prove it. I highly doubt this.

Unless he had absolutely perfect numbers for every game, he couldn't prove this, and if he had absolutely perfect numbers for every game it's unlikely he'd have to extrapolate or fudge the numbers.

On the other hand, it's quite easy for you or anyone else who doubts his numbers to debunk any or all of the data he's made available, so get to it. All you need to do is find one game he's wrong on, call him on it, and see what happens.

CoolTrick

Banned
On the other hand, it's quite easy for you or anyone else who doubts his numbers to debunk any or all of the data he's made available,

Maybe the clue for you should be: "They're easy to debunk because his numbers are Bull Shit."

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Dunno about you guys, but personally I enjoy Tabris complaining about PSP neglect far more than people complaining about ioi's site.

cvxfreak

Oblivion said:
Dunno about you guys, but personally I enjoy Tabris complaining about PSP neglect far more than people complaining about ioi's site.

At least Tabris was smart enough to finally stop. Hearing the same shit over and over again makes me wanna punch someone in the balls.

Joe Molotov

For those of you just tuning in, we've now entered the "Totally Lame" portion of the weekly Media Create thread. Stay tuned for more arguing about how many percentage points away from the correct numbers ioi is, with more facinating facts about the proper pluralization of Famitsu to follow.

whenever these threads turn into complaining about ioi having wrong numbers its just a sign that the thread has expired and that I don't need to keep reading it anymore, so I wait for the next weeks.

Its kind of a blessing really.

cvxfreak

Hairyiguana said:
whenever these threads turn into complaining about ioi having wrong numbers its just a sign that the thread has expired and that I don't need to keep reading it anymore, so I wait for the next weeks.

Its kind of a blessing really.

ONE MORE DAY TILL FREEDOM

Barf_the_Mog

powerless or are they? o_O
Well, in a lot of ways the graphs that ioi gives are totally unrelated to the weekly media create numbers. Maybe he should just open up one thread and post in it everytime he needs more people to visist his site.

Joe Molotov said:
For those of you just tuning in, we've now entered the "Totally Lame" portion of the weekly Media Create thread. Stay tuned for more arguing about how many percentage points away from the correct numbers ioi is, with more facinating facts about the proper pluralization of Famitsu to follow.

Ya' know I could easily change the debate (again) by posting my COMGNET predictions for this week... :D
At least it's sales related...
:)

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Square2005 said:
Ya' know I could easily change the debate (again) by posting my COMGNET predictions for this week... :D

babooveryverybadmanrc9.gif

Square2005 said:
They should have a law against a that type of thing. Think of the children.

Square2005 said:

Please do it! The thread is ****ed up anyway, so let's ruin it totally :D

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
CoolTrick said:
Maybe the clue for you should be: "They're easy to debunk because his numbers are Bull Shit."

CoolTrick: ioi is wrong!
ioi: No I'm not
CoolTrick: PROVE IT!
Stumpokapow: Why don't you give some evidence that he's wrong?

You should ask your university for an honourary degree in rhetoric, because I don't think anyone since Churchill has made arguments so persuasive.

P90

CoolTrick said:

Every week. This is like "Ground Hog's Day".

I don't recommend you being banned , but a mod needs to set you straight.

Barf_the_Mog

powerless or are they? o_O
Stumpokapow said:
ioi: No I'm not
CoolTrick: PROVE IT!
Stumpokapow: Why don't you give some evidence that he's wrong?

You should ask your university for an honourary degree in rhetoric, because I don't think anyone since Churchill has made arguments so persuasive.

The burden of proof is on ioi, not anyone else.

neo2046 said:
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2006/10/11/103,1160563758,61529,0,0.html
Famitsu weekly Top 10
10/2 ~ 10/8

01 NDS Pokemon D/P
02 PS2 Dragon Ball Z Sparking Neo
03 PSP Gundam Battle Royale
04 NDS Kanji Training
05 NDS New SMB
06 PS2 Minna no Tennis
07 NDS FF 3
08 NDS Brain Training 2
09 NDS Animal Crossing WW
10 PS2 Sangokushi 11

6/10 are still on Nintendo DS. And the first one is really not a surprise. How many units for Pokémon ? FFIII's lesgs are not normal for a Final Fantasy Game...
And I remember that someone said that finally Brain Training and Animal Crossing were out this week. It is hopeless I answer.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
neo2046 said:
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2006/10/11/103,1160563758,61529,0,0.html
Famitsu weekly Top 10
10/2 ~ 10/8

01 NDS Pokemon D/P
02 PS2 Dragon Ball Z Sparking Neo
03 PSP Gundam Battle Royale
04 NDS Kanji Training
05 NDS New SMB
06 PS2 Minna no Tennis
07 NDS FF 3
08 NDS Brain Training 2
09 NDS Animal Crossing WW
10 PS2 Sangokushi 11

I apologize for derailing the thread, people. Let's guess what will be switched around for MC. I'm thinking FFIII will be above Minna no Tennis.

Barf_the_Mog said:
The burden of proof is on ioi, not anyone else.

He's explained his methods of gathering info, and extrapolating it. CoolTrick is the one making the accusation, he should dig up some false numbers and challenge ioi on them.

In an appropriate thread.

Top Bottom