• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 9/25 - 10/1

Soul4ger

Stopsign said:
No, Castlevania just never sells. I think the highest sales from one on the GBA was 27,000. It fairs much better in America. If they would just ship enough, then it would be over 300,000 or so.

I know. I said that. I'm just hypothesizing (And hoping).

king zell

PHOENIX WRIGHT!

yeah the second game is being ported to the DS this month :)

so we got till now :

Kirby: Squek Squad
Common Sense Training
Yoshi's Island 2
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
Jump Ultimate Stars
Winning Eleven
Castlevania
Megaman Star Force
Jump Ultimate Stars
Yu-Gi-Oh
DQMJ
San Goku Shi Taisen
Gyakuten Saiban 2
Tales of the Tempest
Oshare Majo Love and Berry
Chocobo to Mahou no Ehon
Fushigi no Dungeon: Fuurai no Shiren DS
Bokujou Monogatari Kimi to Sodatsu Shima
BLEACH DS 2nd Kuroi Hirameku Chinkonkyoku
Luminous Ark
Front Mission the First
Naruto -- Ninretsuden

wow just wow . the DS is sooo gonna own Japan this year :)

Jonnyram said:
Regarding next week's DS scoop rush, it's interesting to remember what games came out last holiday season. Mario Kart DS, Animal Crossing, Mario & Luigi 2x2, Brain Age 2, Pokemon Fushigi Dungeon... and that's just first party titles. I wonder what big names Nintendo will have lined up for Nov/Dec this year.
Was the Japanese title actually that goofy?

Soul4ger

JoshuaJSlone said:
Was the Japanese title actually that goofy?

PA.49147.002.jpg

Soul4ger

The new Kojima game is coming out on DS in November, too.. Boktai DS. It won't be huge I'm sure, but it'll be a good game..

jesusraz

Soul4ger said:
The new Kojima game is coming out on DS in November, too.. Boktai DS. It won't be huge I'm sure, but it'll be a good game..

How about that Kojima Stock Training non-game as well? Due out in December, I believe.

Xeke

Banned
Soul4ger said:
Damn, I really want another M&L or a new Paper Mario now. :(

Super Paper Mario is coming shortly, I hope. But that isn't a real RPG I guess so if thats what you're wanting, it may be a while.

DefectiveReject said:
Wow you just blew my vocabulary outta the water.
What the hell is that word???

Eatingest is the superlative of eating.

Also, ummm, I think some people have broken sarcasm detectors.

P.S Past participle of Eatingest is Eatenest

apujanata

Nintendo really, really need to increase their DS production capacity. 10-20% increase should be the minimum. Christmas is just around the corner.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
apujanata said:
Nintendo really, really need to increase their DS production capacity. 10-20% increase should be the minimum. Christmas is just around the corner.

How would you suggest that they do that?

apujanata

BorkBork said:
How would you suggest that they do that?

How about paying Sony for use of their PSP's production line (since the PSP have lots and lots of stock on the retail side) ?

I know the idea is not really feasible, but it is better than wishing upon a star, right ? If the production plant of PSP (in china) is not owned by sony, this idea might be more feasible. Nintendo can offer higher rate for use of the production plant.

Jonnyram said:
Regarding next week's DS scoop rush, it's interesting to remember what games came out last holiday season. Mario Kart DS, Animal Crossing, Mario & Luigi 2x2, Brain Age 2, Pokemon Fushigi Dungeon... and that's just first party titles. I wonder what big names Nintendo will have lined up for Nov/Dec this year.

Kirby and JSS2, Yoshi will arrive in December, but i'm sure Mario, Brain2 and AC will stay in the chart

seems like this holiday season will have stronger 3rd party support, Love & Belly and DQM:J will sell like cakes, Tales, Gyakuten 2 and Fushigi no Dungeon could have a good result too

ethelred

Moor-Angol said:
Kirby and JSS2, Yoshi will arrive in December, but i'm sure Mario, Brain2 and AC will stay in the chart

seems like this holiday season will have stronger 3rd party support, Love & Belly and DQM:J will sell like cakes, Tales, Gyakuten 2 and Fushigi no Dungeon could have a good result too

Isn't it Love and Berry?

Even if the biggest titles are 3rd party, it'll still be the 1st party titles at the top (Animal, Pokemon, NSMB and Brain Age 2)

Btw. DS/DSL had a weekly marketshare of 91.56% of the next gen handheld sales (DS, DSL, PSP) which is the highest ever (minus DS launch week which was obviously 100%).

First day sales
PS2 Dragon Ball Z Sparking! NEO - 175.000 (63%)
PSP Gundam Battle Royale - 31.000 (44%)
360 Tenchu Senran - 5.000 (63%)
360 Tomb Raider: Legend - 2.300 (37%)

DBZSNeo starts slower than the first one (220.000 first day), so maybe it won't reach 500k.

Bo130

I demand 8th day sales of Pokémon! :D

EDIT: Good start for Neo - I wonder if the Wii-version can match that in any way.

DBZ for Wii is the socially inept anime geek's dream come true.

I'd say there's a fair number of that sort on both sides of the Pacific. (I'm one of them.)

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
First day sales

DBZSNeo starts slower than the first one (220.000 first day), so maybe it won't reach 500k.

no numbers for Guilty Gear DS ? It bombed hard ?

Mato

Anybody know how much Tinlge has sold to date?

God I love that game, only way I'm gonna buy a DS is english Tingle. And Zelda if it's good. Maybe Chocobo too. Earthbound compilation as well. Contact and Slime only if they bring all those other games here.

Deku

Banned
Mato said:
Anybody know how much Tinlge has sold to date?

God I love that game, only way I'm gonna buy a DS is english Tingle. And Zelda if it's good. Maybe Chocobo too. Earthbound compilation as well. Contact and Slime only if they bring all those other games here.

How can you love a game you haven't played. And just get a DS already.

Mato

Deku said:
How can you love a game you haven't played. And just get a DS already.

The art, the colors, the music on the website. The cover. I adore the colors on the cover. I know this will be my kind of game. No reason to buy a DS yet.

Moor-Angol said:
no numbers for Guilty Gear DS ? It bombed hard ?
Nope, no number for ggds or any other release. Maybe it bombed, but we usually just get numbers for big releases or interesting titles.

Btw, last week (18-24) famitsu numbers are in the website....if someone feels like translating them...

Tales of Phantasia - 7.349 (87.743) (go tales go :/)

ethelred

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Btw, last week (18-24) famitsu numbers are in the website....if someone feels like translating them...

Tales of Phantasia - 7.349 (87.743) (go tales go :/)

Please? Someone?

And I guess despite its high start, TOP PSP might not beat TOP Advance after all.

heidern

Code:
01	PS2	92016	 302,408	  Everybody Tennis
02	NDS	58739	731,690		 FFIII
03	NDS	54595	3,099,175	NSMB
04	NDS	32846	3,229,770	BrainTraining 2
05	NDS	26642	26642		 Gintama DS: Banji Ousoudou!
06	PS2	 21467	 94461		  Rurouni Kenshin: Enjou! Kyoto Rinne
07	NDS	20447	3,219,324	Animal Forest
08	NDS	20195	116,168		 Tingle
09	NDS	19821	505,027		 Cooking Navi
10	PS2	 19085	 19085		   Harukanaru Toki no Nakade Maihitoyo
11	PS2	 18928	 18928		   Chaos wars
12	NDS	17648	44189		  Sega Brain Training DS
13	NDS	15758	503,888          Tamagotchi 2
14	GBA	15060	158,819          Rhythm heaven
15	NDS	14258	2,758,225	 Brain Training
16	NDS	13250	1,332,905	 English Training
17	NDS	12829	308,731		  Mario Basketball 3x3
18	PS2	 12555	 41244		   God Hand
19	PSP	 10794	 39352		   Ridge Racers 2
20	NDS	10069	1,566,849	 Mario Kart DS
21	NDS	9612	 842,293	  Tetris DS
22	PS2	 8229	  8229		    Ryu Koku
23	PSP	 7926	  7926		    Metal Gear Solid
24	PSP	 7791	  43465		   Valhalla Knights
25	PSP	 7349	  87743		   Tales Of Phantasia Full Voice Edition
26	PSP	 6701	  6701		    Bounty Hounds
27	PS2	 6644	  149,819	   Everybody Golf
28	PS2	 6606	  172,392	   Phantasy Star Universe
29	NDS	6120	 82997		   Rune Factory
30	PSP	 6043	  28466		    Taiko 2 where you put on airs

ethelred

Excellent! Thanks, Heidern.

I was hoping to see updated Rune Factory numbers on there. Up to 83k -- really great showing for the game, and much exceeding my earlier expectations for it.

Moor-Angol said:
Tingle and Tengoku really have strong legs

Indeed. Here's hoping their strong performance encourages Nintendo to localise both. Tingle would seem to be a stronger contender, given the platform and the NOA survey, but Rhythm Tengoku deserves to see release over here as well.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
First day sales

About what I expected. With this and continued dead rising sylphseed I hope 360 stays abotu 2,000 this week but I doubt it.

Cosmonaut X said:
Indeed. Here's hoping their strong performance encourages Nintendo to localise both. Tingle would seem to be a stronger contender, given the platform and the NOA survey, but Rhythm Tengoku deserves to see release over here as well.

Tengoku doesn't need so much efforts for translation, the point is that Nintendo stopped supporting GBA, so i think it's a little difficult to see here. But i feel we'll see a sequel on DS, or maybe on Wii.
Tingle is different, lot of text... but it's on DS, so everything is possible at the moment

ioi

Banned
Latest chart is up on VGCharts:

http://www.vgcharts.org/japweekly.php

Pokemon Diamond / Pearl posts the 9th biggest week 1 ever, just behind Gold / Silver and the second biggest debut of the year behind FF XII (although of course it will pass FF XII's total in the next 2 weeks).

http://www.vgcharts.org/japwk.php

Dead Rising is one of the best X360 debuts for a long time.

GB Hardware is now up on VGcharts, going right back to 1989. Original sales were comparatively 'sluggish' but steady over a period of 10 years, seeing some major boosts with Pokemon and then the GBC release, pushing weeks of ~450k one a couple of occasions. I think it is now conclusive that the DS has only it's own records from xmas 05 to break this year, nothing else has, or likely ever will, come close.

http://www.vgcharts.org/japconscomps.php?name1=DS&name2=GB&type=2

ioi said:
Latest chart is up on VGCharts:

http://www.vgcharts.org/japweekly.php

Pokemon Diamond / Pearl posts the 9th biggest week 1 ever, just behind Gold / Silver and the second biggest debut of the year behind FF XII (although of course it will pass FF XII's total in the next 2 weeks).

http://www.vgcharts.org/japwk.php

Dead Rising is one of the best X360 debuts for a long time.

GB Hardware is now up on VGcharts, going right back to 1989. Original sales were comparatively 'sluggish' but steady over a period of 10 years, seeing some major boosts with Pokemon and then the GBC release, pushing weeks of ~450k one a couple of occasions. I think it is now conclusive that the DS has only it's own records from xmas 05 to break this year, nothing else has, or likely ever will, come close.

http://www.vgcharts.org/japconscomps.php?name1=DS&name2=GB&type=2

ioi it's too early to estimate GB weekly sales back to '89 we don't even hav TOP30 charts going that far back to seriously estiamte weekly sales...

ioi

Banned
Square2005 said:
ioi it's too early to estimate GB weekly sales back to '89 we don't even hav TOP30 charts going that far back to seriously estiamte weekly sales...

I do :D

You can now align the graphs on vgcharts by date, for example:

http://www.vgcharts.org/japconscomps.php?name1=GB&name2=DS&type=2&align=1
http://www.vgcharts.org/japconscomps.php?name1=GB&name2=DS&type=0&align=1
http://www.vgcharts.org/japconscomps.php?name1=PS&name2=DS&type=0&align=1
http://www.vgcharts.org/japconscomps.php?name1=PS&name2=GB&type=0&align=1

etc etc

SNES hardware to come very soon....

ioi

Banned
Square2005 said:
They're fake... they aren't based on anything but fiscal year shipment data...

God you're at it in two threads at once!!

They're "fake"??

:lol

As opposed to what, "real"?

They are educated estimates based off the famitsu top 30s of the time, sales of titles such as Mario Land / Tetris (which sold almost 1:1 to start with) and fitting in with shipment data and other snippets of sales info in the 350 famitsu magazines i have sitting on my desk.

They are never going to be 100% fact, but they are as good as we have. They also have some nice US graphs in these magazines, as well as other random sales news and comparisons.

ioi said:
God you're at it in two threads at once!!

They're "fake"??

:lol

As opposed to what, "real"?

They are educated estimated based off the famitsu top 30s of the time, sales of titles such as Mario Land / Tetris (which sold almost 1:1 to start with) and fitting in with shipment data and other snippets of sales info in the 350 famitsu magazines i have sitting on my desk.

They are never going to be 100% fact, but they are as good as we have. They also have some nice US graphs in these magazines, as well as other random sales news and comparisons.

So you found some more famitsues!?
What're the issue ranges?

Top Bottom