• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Dec 14-20, 2009

near

Gold Member
Nirolak said:
265,822 between the Xbox 360 and PS3.

For comparisons sake if someones willing to do it, or if it's worth having a look at all. What other Cero D rated new IPs have sold in league with it dating back to last gen? :D

cvxfreak

Near said:
For comparisons sake if someones willing to do it, or if it's worth having a look at all. What other Cero D rated new IPs have sold in league with it dating back to last gen? :D

I think what should rather be said is how Bayonetta's sales pale in comparison to the original Devil May Cry's. That game sold remarkably well, thanks in no small part to the demo with the PS2 version of CODE: Veronica.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Near said:
I'm not sure where a database of Cero D ratings are, but here's a link to all the PS2 games that sold over 200k: http://garaph.info/gamesearch.php?t...meid=&orderby=SalesLTD+DESC&res1=&res2=&opt=1

If you happen to have a Cero ratings database, just cross reference it with that and it should get you the vast majority of them, as I don't think there are any others this generation or on the GameCube, but I could be wrong there.

near

Gold Member
cvxfreak said:
I think what should rather be said is how Bayonetta's sales pale in comparison to the original Devil May Cry's. That game sold remarkably well, thanks in no small part to the demo with the PS2 version of CODE: Veronica.

I think that'd be narrowing down it's success scale considering when DMC was released and how there was really nothing else on the market like it. I think it's also safe to argue that Bayonetta doesn't appeal widely to the same consumer.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Near said:
You really don't expect us to know every game that was rated Cero D in Japan the last ten years. I don't even know the ratings in my own country:p
[PS2] Devil May Cry (Capcom) - 352.668 / 569.763

near

Gold Member
Chris1964 said:
You really don't expect us to know every game that was rated Cero D in Japan the last ten years. I don't even know the ratings in my own country:p
[PS2] Devil May Cry (Capcom) - 352.668 / 569.763

Thought there would be some sort of database that'd allow similar searches.

Orgen

Nirolak said:
Well, it exists, but it seems to be having large development issues. I'm not sure if it's due to a lack of development resources or technical issues though. I'd have to imagine development resources since it's a DS series.

Development issues? First I've heard of... do you have a source?

And what about the "Another World" home-console version? Has it been confirmed?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Orgen said:
Development issues? First I've heard of... do you have a source?

And what about the "Another World" home-console version? Has it been confirmed?
Well, Inazuma 11 Break was announced at Levle 5 Vision 2008, but Level 5 said they wouldn't announce the platform until Level 5 Vision 2009: http://nintendo.joystiq.com/2008/09...rst-inazuma-eleven-break-screens-still-refus/

When Level 5 Vision 2009 came around, they said the game, along with Ushiro, wasn't in a good enough state to be able to be shown. Considering they already had screenshots in 2008, yet it wasn't considered presentable in 2009, I'd say it probably has some development issues.

The Another World's second platform was actually mobile phones. I have screenshots of it, but unfortunately it's a scan so I can't share them here. duckroll had some direct feed ones I think, but I might be confusing those with the other mobile version games he posted screenshots from.

Edit:

Here's the Level 5 Vision 2009 thread with Level 5's newest info: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367769

A lot of the information is recapped in the last few pages also.

Edit 2:

Here we go:

2iu9kit.jpg

Cellphone:

4t6qh1.jpg

DS:

317cgia.jpg

Orgen

Nirolak said:
Inazuma & Another World Info

Very useful info, thanks! :)

I remember now the cellphone version (and its resemblance with the Earthbound games), but I thought that a home-console version was in the works too. It's a pity.

Regarding Inazuma Eleven: Break, I hope we can get new info soon.

I thought the mobile Another World was just some spinoff, I'm not totally sure that's what they were talking about with the another console business...

That game looks beautiful on DS though <3 Would like to see what they could do on the Wii with it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Bel Marduk said:
I thought the mobile Another World was just some spinoff, I'm not totally sure that's what they were talking about with the another console business...

That game looks beautiful on DS though <3 Would like to see what they could do on the Wii with it.
Well, here's the reason I kind of doubt that.

Here is a list of things that Level 5 currently has in development:

- White Knight Chronicles 2 (PS3)
- Inazume Eleven Break (Wii)
- Ushiro (PSP)
- The Little Battlers (PSP)
- The Little Battlers (ROID)
- Professor Layton 5 (DS)
- Ninokuni (DS)
- Ninokuni (ROID)
- Mystery Room (DS)
- Fantasy Life (DS)
- And possibly Dragon Quest X (Wii)

It's also worth noting that they recently released (almost all in the second half of 2009, except possibly Sloan and McHale 1):

- Professor Layton 4 (DS)
- Layton's London Life (ROID)
- Inazume Eleven 2 (DS)
- Sloan and McHale 1 (DS)
- Sloan and McHale 2 (DS)
- Tago Akira 1 (DS)
- Tago Akira 2 (DS)
- Tago Akira 3 (DS)
- Tago Akira 4 (DS)
- Some Hostess Dating Game (ROID)

All of those games also took resources until very recently, meaning that even more people were completely busy until very recently.

Due to all this, I'm kind of having an issue seeing where they have the bandwidth to do a Ninokuni Wii game, even with Brownie Brown helping to make some of their games.

Kenka

nintendoeverything has a list on their homepage : is it legit ?

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/30344/

edit : no source is mentionned but Final Fantasy lands at the fourth position

1. NSMB Wii
2. Zelda : Spirit Tracks
3. Friend Collection
4. Final Fantasy XIII
5. Pokémon Gold/Silver
6. Wii Fit Plus
7. Inazuma Eleven
8. Wii Sports Resort
9. Taiko no Tatsujin Wii 2
10. Layton 4

Spiegel

Kenka said:

Yes

http://www.famitsu.com/game/rank/sokuho/1230930_1796.html

[Wii] New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo)
[NDS] The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (Nintendo)
[NDS] Tomodachi (Nintendo)
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII (Square Enix)
[NDS] Pokemon Silver Gold Heart (Pokemon)
[Wii] Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo)
[NDS] Inazuma Eleven 2 - Fire / Blizzard (Level 5)
[Wii] Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
[Wii] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii 2 (Namco Bandai)
[NDS] Professor Layton 4 (Level 5)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Kenka said:

1. [WII] New Super Mario Bros Wii
2. [DS] The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
3. [DS] Tomodachi Collection
4. [PS3] Final Fantasy XIII
5. [DS] Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver
6. [WII] Wii Fit Plus
7. [DS] Inazuma Eleven 2
8. [WII] Wii Sports Resort
9. [WII] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii 2
10. [DS] Professor Layton and the Devil’s Flute
Road said:
1. NSMBWii
2. Zelda
3. Tomodachi Collection
4. FFXIII

FF should just be happy to be above 200k.
Congratulations Road!

Kenka

[Nintex] said:
Great debut for Spirit Tracks it seems.

Numbers should be around what PH got back in the days. I think NSMB has a fair shot at topping 500k gain. If it is the case, it should fare around 350k maybe. Which lets me wonder how much the other two buddies did : Tomodatchi and FF are probably above 150k each.

ccbfan

Wii hardware numbers are gonna be insane with [WII] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii 2 at number 9.

Amazing recovery for that game.

Also unless [DS] Tomodachi Collection is over 200K Major bomba for FFXIII 2nd week.

Durante

Very nice "best" sales for VC, a total of 225k is quite respectable for a new SRPG franchise IMHO.

Relaxed Muscle said:
I'm surprised not seeing more low profile companies jumping on Wii.N1,Gust, Compile heart(Idea Factory)...I know these companies probably found themselves more comfortables in the handheld market and PS3, but they didn't even tried....
Well, N1 tried a bit with the Phantom Brave Wii port, which bombed hard. (2k first day or so and never heard of again)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
ccbfan said:
Wii hardware numbers are gonna be insane with [WII] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii 2 at number 9.

Also unless [DS] Tomodachi Collection is over 200K Major bomba for FFXIII 2nd week.
If Tomodachi is over 200k, would that be the highest week... 30? 40? for a title ever?

Kenka

ccbfan said:

Yeah, Taiko looks like this year's Donkey Konga. Its sales haven't stopped growing over the weeks. Pretty rare achievement.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Kenka said:
Yeah, Taiko looks like this year's Donkey Konga. Its sales haven't stopped growing over the weeks. Pretty rare achievement.

I think what might have happened to some extent is the date it came out hurt it- the first came out on December 10th I believe, right when the holiday shopping season is gearing up. That could explain how the first started out so fast. If the 2nd had came out last week I imagine the first week sales would have been closer to the first.

Nirolak said:

*Level 5 Stuff*

I dunno, from what I gathered they might not have started a Wii version until Ninokuni DS was finished. So I thought finish that ---> move on to Ninokuni Wii. I think some of their other games should be done by then now to have enough resources assuming they weren't talking about the mobile one. I think it would be a smart move to make it. It's a type of game that would do pretty well on the Wii I'd say, and they're already doing a Wii version of Inazuma Eleven so another console version of a DS game isn't out of the question. We'll see I guess.

Sage00 said:
Seems FFXIII is looking like 140-160k this week judging from it's position.

I was thinking more like >200k. And Tomadatchi >300k. Lol.

From 2chan:

11&#26376;16&#26085;&#65374;11&#26376;22&#26085;&#12288; .4 Wii &#29356;&#40723;&#12398;&#36948;&#20154;Wii &#12489;&#12489;&#12540;&#12531;&#12392;2&#20195;&#30446;&#65281; 26700 / 26700
11&#26376;23&#26085;&#65374;11&#26376;29&#26085;&#12288;10 Wii &#22826;&#40723;&#12398;&#36948;&#20154;Wii &#12489;&#12489;&#12540;&#12531;&#12392;2&#20195;&#30446;&#65281; 16900 / 43600
11&#26376;30&#26085;&#65374;12&#26376;06&#26085;&#12288;19 Wii &#22826;&#40723;&#12398;&#36948;&#20154;Wii &#12489;&#12489;&#12540;&#12531;&#12392;2&#20195;&#30446;&#65281; 19600 / 63200
12&#26376;07&#26085;&#65374;12&#26376;13&#26085;&#12288;18 Wii &#22826;&#40723;&#12398;&#36948;&#20154;Wii &#12489;&#12489;&#12540;&#12531;&#12392;2&#20195;&#30446;&#65281; 23700 / 87000
12&#26376;14&#26085;&#65374;12&#26376;20&#26085;&#12288;12 Wii &#29356;&#40723;&#12398;&#36948;&#20154;Wii &#12489;&#12489;&#12540;&#12531;&#12392;2&#20195;&#30446;&#65281; 45800 / 132700
12&#26376;21&#26085;&#65374;12&#26376;27&#26085;&#12288;

&#12489;&#12406;&#12429;&#12368;&#12429;&#12368;&#12429;

So we have the lacking numbers for the week before last week for Taiko 2 (45,800 units - rank 12 at Media Create).

Maybe 60,000 or something like this for this week?

Kenka

Bel Marduk said:
I was thinking more like >200k. And Tomadatchi >300k. Lol.

Tomodatchi above 300k would be as shocking as Animal Crossing : Wild World's third week numbers. And I ain't joking there. 300k + would be a f-king earthquake, and put the game on the right way to become one of the ten best-selling game ever in Japan, if not one of the five best-selling ones.

I can't see it doing as much this week. But even though, 4 million + when it's all said and done is not out of question anymore.

schuelma

Kenka said:
Tomodatchi above 300k would be as shocking as Animal Crossing : Wild World's third week numbers. And I ain't joking there. 300k + would be a f-king earthquake, and put the game on the right way to become one of the ten best-selling game ever in Japan, if not the best-selling one.

I can't see it doing as much this week. But even though, 4 million + when it's all said and done is not out of question anymore.

I don't know..it wouldn't shock me.

Kenka

schuelma said:
I don't know..it wouldn't shock me.

What achievable mark is left for Friend Collection, you think ? 4M+ ? 6M+ ?

It has the same legs as Brain Training but with weekly sales on a whole another level, it sells on a broader userbase, it hasn't showed any sign of weakness whatsoever and has greatly taken advnatage of the holiday rush.

schuelma

Kenka said:
What achievable mark is left for Friend Collection, you think ? 4M+ ? 6M+ ?

I dunno.. an absolute shit ton? 4 million? maybe higher?

Spiegel said:
Yes

http://www.famitsu.com/game/rank/sokuho/1230930_1796.html

[Wii] New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo)
[NDS] The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (Nintendo)
[NDS] Tomodachi (Nintendo)
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII (Square Enix)
[NDS] Pokemon Silver Gold Heart (Pokemon)
[Wii] Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo)
[NDS] Inazuma Eleven 2 - Fire / Blizzard (Level 5)
[Wii] Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
[Wii] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii 2 (Namco Bandai)
[NDS] Professor Layton 4 (Level 5)

Any thoughts on these Onesimos, or did you give up for this week already?

schuelma

Stopsign said:
Any thoughts on these Onesimos, or did you give up for this week already?

He's been F5ing sinobi all night. Let's all think about the sacrifices he makes for us.

schuelma said:
I think what might have happened to some extent is the date it came out hurt it- the first came out on December 10th I believe, right when the holiday shopping season is gearing up. That could explain how the first started out so fast. If the 2nd had came out last week I imagine the first week sales would have been closer to the first.
Sum all Taiko 2 sales up to Taiko 1 release week, and it still comes out lower despite being 4 weeks vs 1.

http://garaph.info/softwareindividual.php//gid/3314
http://garaph.info/softwareindividual.php//gid/3788

Taiko 1 had sold 115k as of 12/14, Taiko 2 4-week-sum was 84k as of 12/15.

Also, I think one shipping >260k first day and the other being sold out (see week 5) should be taken into consideration while drawing any comparisons between them.

Grampasso

Considering the growth rate of pokemon and tomodachi I think FFXIII will be something like between 170k and 220k. That should end with 1.9-2.0m LTD, quite good

schuelma

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Also, I think one shipping >260k first day and the other being sold out (see week 5) should be taken into consideration while drawing any comparisons between them.

You're right- its absolutely not a perfect comparison. My point was just that I don't think Taiko 2 would look quite so bad in terms of the first couple of weeks if it had came out say last week. I mean, it could do 60K this week, so if that would have been its first week maybe its closer to 80-90K and the comparison looks better (while acknowledging that the first would have sold more since it was supply constrained).

duckroll

Nirolak said:

There's nothing to doubt. It's right out of Hino's mouth. Ninokuni will have a DS version and a a home console version for an unspecified platform, just like Inazuma Eleven Break. He specifically mentioned that it would be largely the same game with better visuals for home console, and also include the book in the package, like the DS game. Mobile phones are neither a home console, nor does the mobile version come in a package with the book, for obvious reasons. :p

Grampasso said:
Considering the growth rate of pokemon and tomodachi I think FFXIII will be something like between 170k and 220k. That should end with 1.9-2.0m LTD, quite good
FF13 numbers if it had the same decline as...
FFX drop would be 202k
FFX-2 drop would be 187k
FFXII drop would be 179k

From last week, same legs as X and X-2 would make XIII reach 2m, XII legs wouldn't.

Though this isn't taking into account that given the time of its release, XIII probably should have better short term legs (week 2-3-4...) to offset a heavier decline in january and longer term legs.

PD: Totally unrelated, but from the latest famitsu top30 on their website, Inazuma 2 sell through in the 76 to 100 ratio means that in the lowest case (76), the shipment isn't 1m (it'd be 963k in that case). Send the PR again Level-5, Famitsu is too busy closing our leaks to notice :/

duckroll said:
There's nothing to doubt. It's right out of Hino's mouth. Ninokuni will have a DS version and a a home console version for an unspecified platform, just like Inazuma Eleven Break. He specifically mentioned that it would be largely the same game with better visuals for home console, and also include the book in the package, like the DS game. Mobile phones are neither a home console, nor does the mobile version come in a package with the book, for obvious reasons. :p

So will Inazuma Eleven Break and Ninokuni be the exact same games as the DS ones just now on a console (the Wii, most likely. Inazuma Eleven Break screens already confirmed it's a Wii game though.) or are they different in any other way? Because if they're exactly the same, I'll just wait for the console/Wii ones then...

ethelred

Yay, you're back. :eek:

We were all getting a bit worried. It's good to know you're still with us and keeping us up-to-date on all the sales stuff we don't know.

Onesimos said:
This means that it must sold less than 20% of first-week sales and is very front-loaded.

Shocking. Thanks for that.

Top Bottom