• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: June 29-July 5, 2009

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Mr Killemgood said:
It's not from Sinobi but:

2,877,000 for DQIX, Day-one. I am unsure the source, so it goes in the rumor pile for now. Unbelievable if true, though.

So these numbers were FAKE like we predicted.

Spiegel

Famitsu Top Ten

01. [NDS] Dragon Quest IX (Square Enix)
02. [WII] Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
03. [NDS] Tomodachi Collection (Friend Collection) (Nintendo)
04. [PSP] Boku no Natsuyasumi 4 (My Summer Vacation 4): Youth Detective Group in Seto - Me and the Secret Map (SCEI)
05. [PSP] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva (SEGA)
06. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2 G (BEST) (Capcom)
07. [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo)
08. [NDS] Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (Square Enix)
09. [NDS] Sloane and MacHale's Mysterious Story (Level 5)
10. [NDS] Pokemon Platinum (Pokemon Co.)

Sinobi:
[NDS] Dragon Quest IX (Square Enix) - >2,3 million
DS hardware - >150k
[WII] Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo) - 93k
[NDS] Tomodachi Collection (Friend Collection) (Nintendo) - 53k
[PSP] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva (SEGA) - 15k

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Spiegel said:
[PSP] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva (SEGA) - 15k

Didnt expect such a drop...awesome sales for the ds though
kh 358/2 legs are pretty suprising too ....

ksamedi said:
Tomodachi Collection looks like it could be another DS million seller.

at this point i think its pretty much safe to say that it`ll be a million seller...

markatisu

donny2112 said:
I seriously doubt Wii Sports Resort will drop by more than 50% in its third week. Personally, I'd be surprised if it's under 90K with just over 100K being more likely to me.

Looks like Donny was right since WSR was in between 90-100k according to Sinobi

donny2112

markatisu said:
Looks like Donny was right since WSR was in between 90-100k according to Sinobi

The comparisons I was doing with doicare's predictions were with Media Create data, so it's probably better to wait until those numbers come out tonight.

DSi sold 138k and DS 15k. Quite the bump, higher than I thought. I wonder what happened to the rest of the consoles, if they were hurt by DS-DQ domination or if they gained something from the huge extra number of customers in retailers this week. Other software didn't seem to improve much, if Diva is #5 with 15k the top10 cutoff could very well be below 10k.

I'm still not used to waiting an extra day for the full famitsu leak anyway :/

donny2112

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
I'm still not used to waiting an extra day for the full famitsu leak anyway :/

It's out by this time some weeks. Since it's not out by now this week, though, it probably won't be available until later tonight. :/

doicare

donny2112 said:
The comparisons I was doing with doicare's predictions were with Media Create data, so it's probably better to wait until those numbers come out tonight.

Next week will be the last time i make a prediction for wii sports resort as it's pretty much the only game that doesn't follow what i've seen. Dragon quest 9 appears to be within the usual 5-15% margin of error tho. :D

donny2112

doicare said:
Which is supposed to mean....

It's the same kind of "accepted error" that ioi was okay with. As long as you don't start thinking your predictions are better than the actual results, you'll be fine. :p

apujanata

donny2112 said:
It's the same kind of "accepted error" that ioi was okay with. As long as you don't start thinking your predictions are better than the actual results, you'll be fine. :p
doicare,
Just in case you didn't knew it, ioi is the id of VGChxxtz owner when he was still frequenting NeoGAF.

donny2112

Well, the Famitsu leak isn't out, yet, but the "always a little off but usually close" Media-Create early data is out.

DSi 116800
DSL 10800
Wii 21900
PS3 9900
PS2 3500
PSP 26900
X360 3500

Don't know if that means everything is down due to the overwhelming focus on DQIX/DS or if this is a negative sign for the baseline for Wii. We'll see in a few weeks. Dropping back to 18K means no baseline change, in my opinion. Staying 20K+ means maybe baseline change. Interesting to watch, though.

Impressive software sales, go DQ9 (can't wait to play it), also HUGE DS bump :D. I expected it to be in the 80k range but more is always better.

doicare

donny2112 said:

apujanata said:
doicare,
Just in case you didn't knew it, ioi is the id of VGChxxtz owner when he was still frequenting NeoGAF.

Ha well no i don't think my predictions are better than actual professional tracking firms and yeah i have heard of ioi and his website, not too sure of his history on neogaf tho but i gather he got banned for some reason or another. Also a fun fact is that guy is a fellow countryman from the uk and i believe his real name is
brett
it's a small, small world.

donny2112 said:
Well, the Famitsu leak isn't out, yet, but the "always a little off but usually close" Media-Create early data is out.

DSi 116800
DSL 10800
Wii 21900
PS3 9900
PS2 3500
PSP 26900
X360 3500

Don't know if that means everything is down due to the overwhelming focus on DQIX/DS or if this is a negative sign for the baseline for Wii. We'll see in a few weeks. Dropping back to 18K means no baseline change, in my opinion. Staying 20K+ means maybe baseline change. Interesting to watch, though.
interesting numbers we'll see in time, good numbers for ds but lower than already suggested, wii still above where it was hovering earlier in the year, ps3 back under 10k and tiny number for ps2 is that its lowest ever?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
donny2112 said:

DSi 116800
DSL 10800
Wii 21900
PS3 9900
PS2 3500
PSP 26900
X360 3500

I'm thinking it might be the former. Like you said, everything is down.

schuelma said:
way to go out on a limb
Come on, it's only 5-15% margin of error.

frankie_baby said:
interesting numbers we'll see in time, good numbers for ds but lower than already suggested, wii still above where it was hovering earlier in the year, ps3 back under 10k and tiny number for ps2 is that its lowest ever?
Interesting to see the 360 frequently match PS2 sales these days.

Jokeropia

frankie_baby said:
interesting numbers we'll see in time, good numbers for ds but lower than already suggested
150k is early Famitsu data from Sinobi, this is early Media Create data from thedrill. Generally, Sinobi is closer to actual Famitsu data than thedrill is to actual Media Create data.

VerTiGo

Banned
I wouldn't expect Wii hardware sales to make a big jump. Wii Sports Resort has only increased the baseline by a small, yet significant margin... However, Monster Hunter Tri should change all of that.

VerTiGo said:
I wouldn't expect Wii hardware sales to make a big jump. Wii Sports Resort has only increased the baseline by a small, yet significant margin... However, Monster Hunter Tri should change all of that.

probably, i expect more of a bump than wsr did

donny2112

Jokeropia said:
Generally, Sinobi is closer to actual Famitsu data than thedrill is to actual Media Create data.

I think thedrill got in trouble for leaking Media Create data, so they purposefully change it some to not get in trouble. Just my theory, though.

Famitsu leak is out.

DSL 15000
DSi 138000
PSP 30000
Wii 21000
PS3 9100
PS2 5200
360 3200

1. DQIX - 2,343,000 / NEW
30. Momatoru Dentetsu 20th Anniversary - 2,700 / 293,000

Now that's some spread. :lol

donny2112

bttb said:
Famitsu Sales: 06/29 - 07/05

01. [NDS] Dragon Quest IX: Hoshizora no Mamoribito (Square Enix) - 2,343,000 / NEW

10. [NDS] Pokemon Platinum (Pokemon) - 6,600 / 2,441,000

30. [NDS] Momotarou Dentetsu: 20th Anniversary (Hudson) - 2,700 / 293,000

Thanks, bttb! Those three data points are just crazy. :lol

bttb said:
Famitsu Sales: 06/29 - 07/05

02. [WII] Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo) - 93,000 / 600,000
03. [NDS] Tomodachi Collection (Nintendo) - 53,000 / 274,000
06. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G, PSP the Best (Capcom) - 12,000 / 819,000
07. [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) - 10,000 / 3,454,000
10. [NDS] Pokemon Platinum (Pokemon) - 6,600 / 2,441,000

12. [NDS] Rhythm Heaven (Nintendo) - 5,400 / 1,759,000
14. [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo) - 4,500 / 2,280,000
15. [NDS] Pokemon Diamond/Pearl (Pokemon) - 4,200 / 5,686,000
18. [NDS] Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo) - 3,800 / 5,030,000
24. [WII] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii (Bandai Namco Games) - 3,200 / 585,000
25. [NDS] Kirby Super Star Ultra (Nintendo) - 3,100 / 1,123,000
27. [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo) - 2,900 / 5,514,000
28. [NDS] Inazuma Eleven (Level 5) - 2,900 / 366,000

talk about legs look at #28 still chugging along :D

Vinnk

I wonder if the announcement of VC2 for the PSP will bump the best edition of the original game back to the top 30.

wrowa

bttb said:
Famitsu Sales: 07/06 - 07/12
13. [PS3] Atelier Rorona: Arland no Renkinjutsushi (Gust) - 4,600 / 63,000
Some guys at Image Epoch have to cry themselves to sleep every night, I guess.

AniHawk

doicare said:
Thank you for spending the time correcting my spelling and grammar mistakes, you hvae done your good deed for the day and you have truly made the world a better place.

your welcome

Top Bottom