• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales, PS3 special!

john tv

Sad that Gundam sold so many copies when it's apparently such garbage.

Sadder that at least 15,000 people bought no games at all! :lol

hyp

i can only imagine what the US attach rate is going to be like with software... with all the ebay talk, this does not look good.

castle007

Banned
software numbers are terrible (66684)

it shows proves that A LOT of people of who bought the PS3s are planning on selling them again

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
wow - is the X360 version of Ridge about to lose its title as the worst selling in the series?

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Gundam outselling Resistance is just wrong. I know it's Japan we are talking about but it's still SO SO WRONG!

Troidal

I guess Resistance "sold out" due to lower shipment numbers perhaps. It took me four stores to finally find a copy last weekend. RR7 and Gundam had SHITLOADS in stock.

Dahbomb

DCharlie said:
wow - is the X360 version of Ridge about to lose its title as the worst selling in the series?
Not really, RR6 sold pretty shitty on the 360 and from the looks of it RR7 will eclipse it pretty soon.

ShowDog

Is it wrong to assume people in Japan don't care at all about the Bluray player and that 19k people just bought a system with no software? Because that's what I'm assuming. But it sounds fishy.

Lee N

Membre
heh. Judging by those software numbers ~18.3% of the people who bought PS3 didn't buy any game whatsoever.

gfdoom

A_Lee_N said:
heh. Judging by those software numbers ~18.3% of the people who bought PS3 didn't buy any game whatsoever.
i also think its people starting to realize they don't have to buy a launch game just because it's the new "next-gen" games.

ShowDog said:
Is it wrong to assume people in Japan don't care at all about the Bluray player and that 19k people just bought a system with no software? Because that's what I'm assuming. But it sounds fishy.

ebay says hello. thats less than 1 game per system. expect the repeat for the US to be even worse.

medrew

A_Lee_N said:

It's probably a lot more than that as you would expect many people to have picked up more than one game.

Lee N

Membre
medrew said:
It's probably a lot more than that as you would expect many people to have picked up more than one game.
This is true. In any case, I don't think less than .8 is the tie ratio Sony was going for... they're obviously not making money on the PS3 itself so they need to sell games.

Soul4ger

It's really just kinda sad. :\

gfdoom said:
i also think its people starting to realize they don't have to buy a launch game just because it's the new "next-gen" games.

What the **** is the point of paying full price at hardware launch if you don't want any of the launch games?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I think the tie ratio is low due to ebay sellers, I mean, there are tons of em. I wonder if ps3 boosted DS sales?

Lee N

Membre
sp0rsk said:
I think the tie ratio is low due to ebay sellers, I mean, there are tons of em. I wonder if ps3 boosted DS sales?
But people buying on ebay still need games, you'd think that people re-selling PS3s on ebay would also have bought games to sell.

Soul4ger said:
What the **** is the point of paying full price at hardware launch if you don't want any of the launch games?

Well, let's see...

1. This console could be insanely hard to get in the coming months, and it's not going to price drop any time soon, so it guarantees you have a unit once games you DO want finally come out...

2. Online demos, downloadables, etc? Some people buying the Wii are probably just going to head straight for the "Virtual Console" store channel. A similar thing could happen here.

dyls

sp0rsk said:

from 99.3% sellthrough to 99.6% sellthrough?

But people buying on ebay still need games, you'd think that people re-selling PS3s on ebay would also have bought games to sell.

I think it's weird as well. Adding games to a console usually gets a proportionally higher selling price as opposed to sellin the console alone. Why leave money on the table?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
A_Lee_N said:

Japanese people can just go to the store to buy the games they want.

C4Lukins

With those software numbers, I bet a good 50% of the systems sold are being resold for profit, which is just insane.

Lee N

Membre
sp0rsk said:
Japanese people can just go to the store to buy the games they want.
But I'm willing to bet that people buying on ebay are westerners, in general. Japanese people usually stick to Yahoo Auctions.

Striek

Those software sales are way less than Famitsu's numbers.

Either way they're poor, but its neither unprecedented nor concerning (unless you want it to be, I guess).

Top Bottom