• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Software Sales 2/5 - 2/11

Layton on top. Good for Level 5. I'll check this game out for sure, impressive art direction.

VF5 not in top 10, but I somewhat expected that, considering the PS3's userbase and the trend of low attach-rates.

A PSP game at °2: nice!

Dragon Quest got another shipment. :lol

And btw: OMG LOOK AT ALL THOSE NON GAMES ON DS KILLING GAMING INDUSTRY!1!!

Neomoto

Jonnyram said:
Seems Layton sold about 130k, selling out almost totally.
Yeah right, 3rd party's don't sell on Nintendo systems.
Unless they're non-games.

Very good sales for Layton! Can't wait for it to come over here. The sequal looks great too, and knowing there is a trilogy planned makes it that much better!

jesusraz

DeaconKnowledge said:
Hopefully the pertinence of 3rd party DS titles in this week's media create will shut people up.

I think you'll be disappointed to know that nothing will ever shut people up...! Anyway, if what Jonnyram says relates to MC figures, then I'm pleased to have my prediction of ~105,000 for Layton blown out of the water :)

Masklinn

Accept one saviour, get the second free.
Magicpaint said:
Do people still say that? I remember that was what it was commonly branded as when it was first unveiled
Game needs to reach 1 million sales on Nintendo platform to become non-game
also at or under 33% of the userbase on a Nintendo platform is failure doom and gloom just so you know, thus any game selling less than 5 million units in Japan is failure

enishi

http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-10026233530.html

DS
=========
Prof. Layton ~130k (complete sell-out of 1st stock)
Death Notes ~50k
Bleach DS2 ~40k

PSP
=========
Tales of Destiny 2 ~60k
Monster Hunter Portable 2 is gonna hit the sale record of PSP in Japan tomorrow

PS3
=========
Virtua Fighter 5 ~10k

Hardware
=========
DS ~150k (shortage)
PSP ~35k (good effect from MHP2)
PS3 ~20k

enishi said:
http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-10026233530.html

DS
=========
Prof. Layton ~130k (complete sell-out of 1st stock)
Death Notes ~50k
Bleach DS2 ~40k

PSP
=========
Tales of Destiny 2 ~60k
Monster Hunter Portable 2 is gonna hit the sale record of PSP in Japan tomorrow

PS3
=========
Virtua Fighter 5 ~10k

Hardware
=========
DS ~150k (shortage)
PSP ~35k (good effect from MHP2)
PS3 ~20k

Great numbers for Layton. I'm disappointed for Tales of Destiny 2 in contrast. What about the Wii's hardware ?

MHP on the PSP is about as dumb as the RE series on the GC. Both big mistakes on the part of Capcom. In typical Capcom fashion, expect an announcement of a DS port of MHP2 mere days before its release.

NintendosBooger said:
MHP on the PSP is about as dumb as the RE series on the GC. Both big mistakes on the part of Capcom. In typical Capcom fashion, expect an announcement of a DS port of MHP2 mere days before its release.

Games that sell really well are a dumb move now?

NintendosBooger said:

You do realise that the first title is inching closer to the million mark in Japan alone?

'Big mistake' what?

This has been one of the better Capcom moves in ages (along with their 360 support).

Mrbob

Level 5 ftw!

It is funny to see Nintendo fans rooting for Layton, though. Considering you all beat the hell out of Dark Cloud 2 because it was OMG TEH CELDA CELL SHADED RIP OFF. I guess allegiances change when the company joins your side for a couple games. ;)

Pellham

Banned
Mrbob said:
Level 5 ftw!

It is funny to see Nintendo fans rooting for Layton, though. Considering you all beat the hell out of Dark Cloud 2 because it was OMG TEH CELDA CELL SHADED RIP OFF. I guess allegiances change when the company joins your side for a couple games. ;)

I've honestly never seen anyone bash dark cloud 2 (nfanboy or not). and those that did, obviously didn't play it anyway.

Mrbob said:
Level 5 ftw!

Kinda similar to how the X-bots were all downplaying the GTA series before Rockstar gave the XBox a taste, am I right? :lol

Mrbob said:
Level 5 ftw!

Um... I thought Level 5 games in general were pretty well liked around these parts?

ethelred

Mrbob said:
Level 5 ftw!

Who's a Nintendo fan? I enjoyed Dark Cloud 2 quite a bit, cheered on the JDA announcement, and bought Rogue Galaxy on day one. I'm happy to see companies make good games that I'll like regardless of the platform. In fact, I'd go so far as to say I enjoyed Dark Cloud 2 more than just about any non-Zelda EAD game over the past... five years? Ten?

gconsole

NintendosBooger said:

for the GC exclusive, yes it was dumb

for MHP on PSP , no. If this is considered as a failed strategy then moving MHP to DS must sell at least 3 million in japan alone.

Mrbob said:
Level 5 ftw!

Well, I've never heard of Dark Cloud 2 before, so I never beat the hell out of it either, but I do know that Layton looks fantastic, so I'm rooting for it. But also because I hate the stereotypical views on the DS: third party games bomba, succesfull games = non games, ... And this game can prove once more these views are wrong (But appearently Layton is a non-game now, great!).

Shiggy

So all DS games have shortages now. :lol
Great to see that Level 5 has so much success with their first work as a publisher.

These great DS sales give me hope for Ouendan 2 to get higher sales.

bud

Bluemercury said:
Bitter tears?

cat_lights.JPG

Meier

Pellham said:
I've honestly never seen anyone bash dark cloud 2 (nfanboy or not). and those that did, obviously didn't play it anyway.

Dark Cloud 2 is still one of my favorite games from last gen.. put so many hours into that bad boy.

Blablurn

Again..

from sonys point of the view the current sales look quite disappointed. Hopefully MHP2 is going to bomb °o°. Would be great if it's able to beat Layton.

sphinx

the piano man
what are GAF's expectations for monster hunter portable 2 in its first week?

300k ?

or more?

on a side comment

DQM:J has the wackiest performance ever, one week it seels like mad 600k then disappeaars then comes back then away.. wth?

Yamauchi

Banned
Blablurn said:
Hopefully MHP2 is going to bomb °o°. Would be great if it's able to beat Layton.
MHP sold, what, 600k in Japan? I don't think they'll have any problem outselling 130k. The PSP is doing quite well, in fact.

Top Bottom