• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Software Sales 2/5 - 2/11

Haunted

Kobun Heat said:
supst6.jpg
oh no, I see jonnyram coming down this way... quick! hide the cat!

Mar

ghostlyjoe said:
Who decides what we can and can't talk about? I mean, people obviously are interested in NPD numbers right now, and they're actively searching for outlets to discuss it. We're all pretending to wait with baited breath to see numbers we've already seen posted elsewhere.

Does anyone else find this whole scenario ridiculous? I thought the whole point of a gaming forum was to discuss gaming, and this is the main topic of interest right now, yet we're not allowed to discuss it due to some arbitrary thread locking?

Harumph!!

Indeed. It's unfortunate to say the least. But I guess expected due to the size of GAF. The good parts of the forum outweigh the bad parts though, I think you'll agree.

Crom

Segata Sanshiro

I was right to listren to Bunkum. He never posted false numbers before at that site.
The numbers weren't far off any way. Example Wii was off by only about 4,000

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Pureauthor said:
I'm curled up into a tiny ball, whimpering as I await my satiation.

I've already had to wait two extra weeks. I can wait a little longer... yes, a little.... a little...

Look at it this way, the time between now and Feb NPD will be shorter (assuming next month's isn't delayed)...

Gio_CoD

Banned
The funniest thing about all of this is how NPD obviously told GAF to go **** themselves. So much for the "special" relationship, huh?

cvxfreak

Rhindle said:
Well, it's a bit odd that they would allocate so much of their inventory to Japan, at the expense of (apparently) serious shortages in NA.

In some cases in the past the New Years week in Japan has surpassed the entire month in the US.

Haleon said:
The funniest thing about all of this is how NPD obviously told GAF to go **** themselves. So much for the "special" relationship, huh?

Well the numbers aren't anywhere else, are they? Usually IGN and Gamespot have NPD summaries as well and so far there's nothing.

rage1973

suffah said:
Look at it this way, the time between now and Feb NPD will be shorter (assuming next month's isn't delayed)...
Well going by this week, GAF should get February NPD numbers around April.

Jonnyram

Haleon said:
It's not funny. None of this is funny. Nobody feels happy when someone rips off their work, but we all do it to other people all the time.

This is just not the thread to discuss why we can't have proper NPD numbers on GAF. That discussion has been had already, you're a few months too late. You see the numbers on another site? Go discuss them on that site. GAF has rules about NPD because there is now an official relationship with NPD. It means we can get numbers officially without them being leaked. That will probably work out well for GAF in the end.

gkryhewy

Jonnyram said:
It's not funny. None of this is funny. Nobody feels happy when someone rips off their work, but we all do it to other people all the time.

This is just not the thread to discuss why we can't have proper NPD numbers on GAF. That discussion has been had already, you're a few months too late. You see the numbers on another site? Go discuss them on that site. GAF has rules about NPD because there is now an official relationship with NPD. It means we can get numbers officially without them being leaked. That will probably work out well for GAF in the end.

Is it okay to discuss them now that bloomberg posted them? I mean, Christ.

adg1034

gkrykewy said:
Is it okay to discuss them now that bloomberg posted them? I mean, Christ.

Seconded. If the numbers are freely available at a major news outlet, we're not exactly breaking any contracts, right?

Gio_CoD

Banned
Jonnyram said:

Oh yeah, it seems to be working out pretty well. The numbers are all over the internet. The only place you can't find them is right here on GAF. And that's because of our awesome super official deal that GAF has with NPD. How's that for irony?

cvxfreak

Square2005 said:
Top 10 SW from VGCharts:
Code:
1 360 LOST PLANET: EXTREME CONDITION 317,147
2 WII LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS 281,887
3 PS2 GUITAR HERO 2 W/GUITAR 187,694
4 360 GEARS OF WAR 170,839
5 NGC LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS 143,876
6 PS2 MADDEN NFL 07 123,030
7 PS3 RESISTANCE: FALL OF MAN 116,222
8 NDS NEW SUPER MARIO BROS 109,274
9 360 CALL OF DUTY 3 107,107
10 WII WARIO WARE SMOOTH MOVES 103,798
Could be fake...

Bye bye Square.

Crom said:
OliverTwist_W.jpg

Please sir, can I have some more oa?

I don't think you're gonna last long here if you keep referring to that place. I PMd you the address...go hang out there for awhile.

So...Media Create. Can't wait til tomorrow. :D
MC > NPD anyways.

Brak

Yet again Media Create proves its dominance with a staggering 150% YOY growth compared to NPD performing at about 60% YOY. MC market share is now 75% which looks remarkably like pac-man.

apujanata

Finally, this topic has returned to normalcy.

I am looking forward to FE. Unfortunately :
- I don't have Wii JPN
- I don't read hiragana & katakana.

I have the following figure for Fire Emblem First week sales, all based on Famitsu :
Fire Emblem: Sealed Sword 126,267. Released on 31-Mar-02
Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword 109,429. Released on 25-Apr-03
Fire Emblem: Seima no Kouseki (Sacred Stone) 146,026. Released on 7-Oct-04
I don't have FE:path of radiance first week sales.

I hope that FE Wii will be able to do at least 90K in the first week. If it can top 100K in the first week, it is fabulous (since the # of Wii owner in Japan is still a little bit low now).

Top Bottom