• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Software Sales 2/5 - 2/11

C4Lukins said:
Numbers have been posted elsewhere. Who knows if they are legitimate.

I don't buy those numbers that are floating around *but* if they turn out to be real...GAF and NPD need to rework their deal. If the numbers are gonna be posted on the net anyways, I don't want to have to go to the bowels of the web to find em.

I'm curled up into a tiny ball, whimpering as I await my satiation.

I've already had to wait two extra weeks. I can wait a little longer... yes, a little.... a little...

Jonnyram

jarrod said:
This week I'd guess...

Fire Emblem ~90k
Naruto EX ~75k

Riot Act ~7k
Splinter Cell ~3k

Untold Legends ~5k

...should be a good week for Nintendo.
I have a feeling Riot Act is gonna sell a ****load better than people think. Japanese gamers want the Halo 3 beta too :) Also, I think Sim City DS is going to do pretty well, though I believe shipments are low, like any DS game recently :/

mj1108

Branduil said:
I just wanted to say I like how Media Create threads are always timely and accurate.

It's strange isn't it? Media Create and Famitsu release numbers every single week of the year in a timely manner (of course they have holidays too) , but NPD only needs to do one release a month and they can't even get that right.

Pud

Banned
Forgotten Ancient said:
wow @ DS #s

Don't forget, it was out of stock for over half the month. Even now in Canada the shelves are empty. The situation is the same in Japan, even though they get more inventory.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Jonnyram said:
JESUS CHRIST STOP TALKING ABOUT ****ING NPD IN THE ****ING MEDIA CREATE THREAD.

But what else can we talk about? Japanian numbers won't come till at least 15 hours later. :(

Jonnyram

Here's a hint. If you don't want to talk about Media Create, don't post in this thread.

If you want to talk about NPD, grow some balls and try making a new NPD thread, since it's obvious you're not supposed to be talking about it yet with the official thread not being created and all.

THIS IS NOT THE NPD THREAD.

Japan <- here.
North America -> over there.

Mar

The other thread just shouldn't have been locked in my opinion. It's just made people spill their guts in threads that should remain on topic.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Jonnyram said:
Here's a hint. If you don't want to talk about Media Create, don't post in this thread.

If you want to talk about NPD, grow some balls and try making a new NPD thread, since it's obvious you're not supposed to be talking about it yet with the official thread not being created and all.

Japan <- here.

Chill, amigo. I was kidding.

Dirtbag

Jonnyram said:

Japan <- here.

actually

japan -> over there
North America <- here

C4Lukins

So on topic... I wonder if there is any possible way that the massive numbers of DS's being sold in Japan, could in anyway cause a shortage in other parts of the world?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Martoo said:
The other thread just shouldn't have been locked in my opinion. It's just made people spill their guts in threads that should remain on topic.
And we all know what can (and should) be done about that.

Jonnyram said:

Japan <- here.

Why must we be isolationists? Mediacreate gets mentioned in NPD threads and vice versa. They're relevant to each other, even if they refer to different regions.

Besides, MC threads digress at this point every week. Might as well make it something besides the typical "when does hardware" come out - even though EVERYONE should know that stuff by now.

Haunted

Jonnyram said:

Japan <- here.
The first rule of the M-C thread is you don't talk about the
NPD
thread.

Any big releases we have to look out for next week? I'm also really interested in VF5 sales. If it has decent legs, it won't be bomba total (taking the current situation of the PS3 in Japan into account). If it doesn't... well shit.

Rhindle

C4Lukins said:
So on topic... I wonder if there is any possible way that the massive numbers of DS's being sold in Japan, could in anyway cause a shortage in other parts of the world?
Well, it's a bit odd that they would allocate so much of their inventory to Japan, at the expense of (apparently) serious shortages in NA.

Haunted

Dirtbag 504 said:
But this forum is American based.. hense here.
Japan = over there ->
America = over there <-

euro-centric worldview FTW.

I'm kidding, I'd like to think that GAF is an english- speaking, international forum.

Jonnyram said:
Since it's obvious you're not supposed to be talking about it yet.

Who decides what we can and can't talk about? I mean, people obviously are interested in NPD numbers right now, and they're actively searching for outlets to discuss it. We're all pretending to wait with baited breath to see numbers we've already seen posted elsewhere.

Does anyone else find this whole scenario ridiculous? I thought the whole point of a gaming forum was to discuss gaming, and this is the main topic of interest right now, yet we're not allowed to discuss it due to some arbitrary thread locking?

Harumph!!

supst6.jpg

mj1108

ghostlyjoe said:
Who decides what we can and can't talk about? I mean, people obviously are interested in NPD numbers right now, and they're actively searching for outlets to discuss it. We're all pretending to wait with baited breath to see numbers we've already seen posted elsewhere.

Does anyone else find this whole scenario ridiculous? I thought the whole point of a gaming forum was to discuss gaming, and this is the main topic of interest right now, yet we're not allowed to discuss it due to some arbitrary thread locking?

Harumph!!

It is ridiculous. Under this agreement with NPD I wonder are there only certain people who CAN post the numbers or....?? Because since they said we can have hardware + the Top 10/20 per platform I don't see why someone who has the info can't post it as long as it's just what they agreed on.... or...I dunno.

Top Bottom