• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Mega Man XA" & "Mega Man X - Metal Arrange" album listings spotted on VGMdb

Azure J

A pair of intriguing pages on VGMdb have been brought to light recently. Both detail the existence of two upcoming Megaman X albums, both of which have a tremendous list of veteran game composers contributing to said albums. The first link details the existence of Mega Man XA and features the following guest composers:

- Yoko Shimomura (Street Fighter II, Front Mission, Super Mario RPG: Legend of The Seven Stars, Parasite Eve, Legend of Mana, Kingdom Hearts series, Mario & Luigi series, Xenoblade)
- Yoshino Aoki (Composer & Performer of Roll's Theme, working with Tetsuya Shibata of Darkstalkers, Power Stone, Resident Evil & DMC fame)
- Hitoshi Sakimoto (Tactics Ogre series, Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy XII, GrimGrimoire, Odin Sphere, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Valkryia Chronicles series)
- Manabu Namiki (Bleach: Heat The Soul series, Mushihimesama Futari, Odin Sphere, Trauma Center: Under the Knife, Gradius, Contra & CastleVania "Rebirths")
- Saori Kobayashi (NightS Into DreamS & Panzer Dragoon series)
- Masahiro Ando (I seem to draw a blank here, sorry in advance)
- Noriyuki Iwadare (Grandia series, Lunar series, Megaman X7, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations, Radiata Stories)
- Koji Kondo (If I have to tell you what games, you haven't been gaming long enough to care about this album. :lol)
- Masashi Hamauzu (Front Mission: Gun Hazard, SaGa series, Final Fantasy XIII)
- Tsuneo Imahori (Trigun, Gungrave, Wolf's Rain, Cowboy Bebop & Hajime No Ippo anime series)
- Masato Kouda (Wild Arms, Marvel vs Capcom)
- Masaharu Iwata (Ogre Battle, Tactics Ogre series, Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy XII, Soul Calibur IV, GrimGrimoire, Odin Sphere, Muramasa: The Demon Blade)
- Yoko Kanno (WAAAAY too much to note, but specifically Cowboy Bebop, Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and cotributions to Wolf's Rain, Record of Lodoss War, Escaflowne series and Porco Rosso)
- Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Shadow Hearts, Shadow Hearts: Covenant, Xenogears, Xenosaga Episode I, Xenoblade, Mario Party, Inazuma Eleven)
- Miki Higashino (Sudioken I & II; Gradius III, Contra III: The Alien Wars, Moon: Remix RPG Adventure, Vandal Hearts)
- Noriko Matsueda (Front Mission series, Chrono Trigger, Bahamut Lagoon, Tobal No. 1, The Bouncer, Final Fantasy X-2)
- Mari Yamaguchi (Mega Man, Breath of Fire, Ghosts n Ghouls series)

As if that wasn't enough, there's also a separate listing for another album - Mega Man X Metal Arrange with the following contributors listed:

- Setsuo Yamamoto (Street Fighter Alpha, Mega Man series, Final Fight series)
- Makoto Tomozawa (Mega Man/X/Zero/Legends credits, Dino Crisis series, Resident Evil series, P.N.03)
- Yuki Iwai (Street Fighter Alpha series & III series, Ghosts 'n Ghouls series, Musashi: Samurai Legend under the Wavelink Zeal name with Takayuki)
- Yuko Takehara (Mega Man series, Final Fight series, Aladdin, Street Fighter Alpha, X-Men vs. Street Fighter, Breath of Fire series)
- Toshihiko Horiyama (Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney, The Misadventures of Tron Bonne, Demon's Crest, Megaman series, Onimusha 2)

This seems to be quite similar to the Rock & Metal Arranges done for the Rockman/Megaman 20th Anniversary in 2007, but one thing's for sure, the guest list is fucking ridiculous. I'm hype. What say you GAF? :D

Lijik

Holy shit that list is insane. Koji fukken Kondo? Get the fuck outta here!

So yeah, Im pretty hyped.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
These are just doujin albums. The composer listings aren't the actual composers themselves - it's the arrangers you want to look at. Hate to burst the bubble but these appear to be nothing more than fan created albums ala Xenogears Light, etc etc.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
I3rand0 said:
You do know these are Doujin albums and not ones officially from Suleputer right?

0kjFH.gif

Yeah, it seems like so. I'd like to hear some good arrange version for Zero's Theme from MMX3.

entremet

I3rand0 said:
You do know these are Doujin albums and not ones officially from Suleputer right?
So is the composer list accurate? Wouldn't Doujin mean its remixed by fans?

Lijik

speedpop said:
These are just doujin albums. The composer listings aren't the actual composers themselves - it's the arrangers you want to look at. Hate to burst the bubble but these appear to be nothing more than fan created albums ala Xenogears Light, etc etc.
Oh thats disappointing

MrDaravon

speedpop said:

This. Reading comprehension fail, etc

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
entrement said:
So is the composer list accurate? Wouldn't Doujin mean its remixed by fans?
Nope. Judging by the Mega Man XA listing, the arranger would've created that listing and simply added all those names to get it listed in a search for those composers. The fact that the album is planned to be released for free should give you enough reason.

As for Mega Man X Metal Arrange album, it looks like it's a proper group made up of 3 guys so it might sound alright.

Azure J

speedpop said:

Oh fuck. :/

Edit: What makes this so much more messed up is that when I was reading the listing a few hours back, I found it weird that there wasn't anything mentioned for one person, as he was listed as an ex-Japanese football player. I just thought that it was a mislabel and asked duckroll about the validity of it. :lol

But thanks for the clarification anyway speedpop

Top Bottom