• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just as Xbox finally starts getting support from ATLUS and Square Enix, Capcom turns its back — but why? (Windows Central, Cope & Corden)

We have the data too. Here are the Ace Attorney Trilogy sales:

Switch - 462,395
PC - 245,339
PS4 - 103,235
Xbox - 4,821
Even in the best case scenario like with FFXV, the PS4 version still outsold the XB1 version by a ratio of about 5:1 even though the PS4 "only" outsold its competitor by about a 2:1 ratio.

especially Marvel Vs. Capcom 1, which is considered by many to be one of the greatest fighting games of all time.

Is this a quote from Jez? If so, it’s the first correct thing he’s ever said. Fuck MvC2 and anything after it. MvC1 is still far and away the best.

Anyway, since there’s no next gen versions, not a surprise they are skipping Xbox. Hell even RE4 skipped Xbox One. But what makes it weird is Ace Attorney is coming but not this. Maybe the whole MT framework thing is legit.

Is this another Xbox is doomed article?

It is a bummer that they aren’t coming to Xbox as I really like a couple of those and would buy the package. But the amount of overreacting about Xbox is unbelievable.

That’s GAF for you. As someone who owns everything but predominantly plays on Xbox, I just don’t know how I survived without Mega Man Battle Network and whatever shitty Monster Hunter game was referenced in the OP.

cireza

x0Yz3Xw.png
Context ? Is this about Capcom games ?

Last edited:
The solution to this is for Capcom to do absolutely nothing and after outcry from the Xbox community Xbox steps up and ports the games over themselves.

LakeOf9

The announcement of Marvel vs. Capcom Fighting Collection during Nintendo Direct delighted fighting game fans, particularly because it brings the much-loved Marvel vs. Capcom 2 to modern platforms for the first time in years. But while the collection is coming to Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC, the decision to skip Xbox altogether has caused backlash.

Capcom made its announcement without offering an explanation for the decision to skip Xbox, and the company declined to comment when contacted by IGN. This comes despite Capcom's same-day announcement that it's bringing two Ace Attorney Investigations titles to Switch, PS4, PC via Steam, and Xbox One in a similar collection. Indeed, the Marvel vs. Capcom series has a long history on Xbox platforms; Marvel vs. Capcom 2 itself launched on Xbox in 2002 and again on Xbox 360 via Xbox Live Arcade in 2009, and the last game in the series, Infinite, launched on Xbox One in 2017.

Xbox owners have reacted to the news with a mix of bewilderment and anger. The backlash was strong enough to cause the phrase 'No Xbox' to trend across social media, and there are angry comments on Xbox subreddits and Discords. One redditor said: "I have a Switch, but I play all my fighting games on Xbox with my arcade stick. It's an absolute gut punch it's not coming to Xbox, especially considering Ace Attorney Investigations was announced for Xbox."

Without an explanation from Capcom, fans are left to speculate about the reason for Marvel vs. Capcom Fighting Collection skipping Xbox. Some believe it's the result of Capcom's MT Framework engine being depreciated on the Xbox One. As many have pointed out, this would explain why other Capcom collections, such as Megaman Battle Network Legacy Collection and Monster Hunter Stories, also skipped Xbox One. There is a feeling from some that Capcom has decided it's not worth the time, energy, and resources that would be required to bring its MT Framework collections to Xbox One, but again, without word from Capcom, this is just speculation for now.

And so, the backlash continues, marring what would otherwise be universal excitement for the long-awaited return of some of the best crossover fighting games ever released.

Source

I would be upset if this was Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper Max, but it is not that. I would enjoy them throwing X-Men vs. Street Fighter into Capcom Arcade Stadium 2 for shits and giggles.

Darsxx82

Is this another Xbox is doomed article?

It is a bummer that they aren’t coming to Xbox as I really like a couple of those and would buy the package. But the amount of overreacting about Xbox is unbelievable.
It's the norm here in Gaf and add the typical reaction of a pathetic Jez Corden who makes news of any small game that is not released on XBOX in the era and generation where more games of all types and origins reach an XBOX console.

Then people can do whatever mental tricks they want about why this is the case, but that's the reality. From regretting in times past that great franchises such as Yakuza, Persona, Monster Hunter, etc., etc. skip Xbox, now the NEW is a compilation of 2D games from 15 years ago skip Xbox. You don't have to be very bright to notice the improvement in that situation on XBOX and yet here we are.

PS. The fact is that this case is very possibly related with the situation with MT framework games on XBO since there is not even a native PS5 version. Capcom's support for XBOX is undoubted, and it is one of the most prolific dua one editors on Gamepass. I highly doubt that this case of the Marvel x Capcom collection means anything in the matter of support.

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
There is a feeling from some that Capcom has decided it's not worth the time, energy, and resources that would be required to bring its MT Framework collections to Xbox One
I've seen this posted a bunch of tims, I think Jez Corden is the first to bring it up. Aren't there a bunch of MT Framework games on every Xbox consoles including Xbox One? Aside from games exclusive to PS or Nintendo, every single MT Framework game has released for an Xbox console.

Whatever is happening here, I doubt it has anything to do with the the engines compatibility with Xbox or Xbox One specifically.

Zheph

I've seen this posted a bunch of tims, I think Jez Corden is the first to bring it up. Aren't there a bunch of MT Framework games on every Xbox consoles including Xbox One? Aside from games exclusive to PS or Nintendo, every single MT Framework game has released for an Xbox console.

Whatever is happening here, I doubt it has anything to do with the the engines compatibility with Xbox or Xbox One specifically.
Nothing crazy really:
Attorney Trilogy sales:

Switch - 462,395
PC - 245,339
PS4 - 103,235
Xbox - 4,821

bender

What time is it?
… A xbox is a console that thinks it's fly
And is also known as a sales busta
Phil Always talkin 'about what he wants
And just sits on his broke ass
… So no, I don't want your console
No, I don't want to give you my credit card number and
No, I don't want to meet you online
No, I don't want none of your time and
… No, I don't want no xbox
A xbox is a console that can't get no love from me

LakeOf9

Yes, Jez is wrong

Top Bottom