• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legacy Collection |OT| One "Mighty" Collection

I believe this comes out for 3DS on the 23rd, near my birthday. So this will be the perfect present to myself.

It's lame that it's not getting a retail release in Europe. If I buy the amiibo pack, it would be my first amiibo. Although I wouldn't use it, it would just be for collection.

I finally got to finish all the games after buying this a while back at launch. I gotta say it surprised me that the only very challenging Mega Man games are the first and second game. It is no joke how broken and easy the later games become with the mega busters and handing out E tanks like its candy. Most of the bosses are easy to dodge and have very simple patterns (except for Shadow/Gemini Man in 3, Ring Man and Dive Man in 4). I managed all of them without relying on any E-tanks on bosses. The most difficult Wily overall has to be in Mega Man 4, while the most challenging pre Wily Castle levels has to be the ones in Mega Man 3 with the Mega Man 2 robots.

Oh boy Mega Man 4 is still a pretty shitty game. Most of the music is unmemorable outside (Toad, Pharao Man), and a lot of the melodies are retreads of older soundtracks (probably intentional). I just wish this compliation had Mega Man 9 and 10 so I could go through them again to see how they fair off against the classics.

My list of preference upon replaying all of the classics: Mega Man 3 > Mega Man 2 >> Mega Man 5 >>Mega Man 6>Mega Man>>>>>>>>>Mega Man 4

Must say the real challenge comes with the challenge mode. What are the most important factors when it comes to getting Gold. Time? or Damage? I try to speed run through the first (mixed level trial) but never get further than Silver.

Really? Mega Man 4 is one of my favorites. I just don't like the parts that require you to mash the fire button really fast.

I never played it when it was new, so I was mostly familiar with 2 and 3 while growing up. It has some neat levels but upon playing the games in order it felt like it was a time when the formula was starting to run dry. Not much fond of the soundtrack or the overall level design. Nothing stood out honestly. To me it is still a "shitty" Mega Man game, but they are all fun in their own way.

Despite 5 also being a bit gimmicky, it has some new gameplay twists (first vehicle part of a level) and the gravity level. Star Man¨s level is fun with the water physics. I felt like it was a big (still do) quality gap coming from 4 to 5. I suppose the Wily stages in 4 are a bit stronger than other entries at least.

ar4757

I just finished them all since having it at launch a week ago, and going through the music player, I realized I only remembered a few tracks from each game besides Megaman 4. I liked every stage song in 4, which is awesome. I enjoyed all 6 of them, and it was really cool seeing them push the NES despite the core gameplay staying the same.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Has there been any news about a patch for the already released versions? I'm not gonna buy a retail version, if they can't be bothered to fix the state the game currently is in.

Anyone? All the screens I've seen so far appear pixel-mapped, which means the aspect ratio will be off since 3ds has square pixels. Do we know if there any video options?

I don't know for sure, but I think the other versions of the Legacy Collection have some sort of video options. So i think the 3DS version probably will too.

I hope it's not just a port of the other versions, and that they took the time to optimize it for the 3DS. I already have all the NES games on my 3DS, but I still want the collection.

Edit: It looks like it has borders. I'm not sure if you can take them away if you don't want them. Hopefully there are some options for how it looks.

12240058_1156083387753157_7528898361106099032_n.png

Krelian

Yesterday I encountered a bug where I couldn't be hurt anymore but I couldn't fire my weapon either. It happened when I played the challenge mode and fought Protoman. I died right above the teleport to the next stage when the teleport got triggered somehow and I started the next stage with no energy left. Made a video of it too: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/krealian/video/13101151

Funnily enough it happened again in the next challenge.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Even though we're so close to the launch of the 3DS version, Amazon leaked a new Xbox One Special Edition that includes a Mega Man Statue and E-Tank for $129.99!

OEnrnre.jpg
7k4E9oh.jpg

*Mega Man helmet and buster light up when his left leg is touching the E-Tank
*Statue stands 9" tall. E-Tank stands 4" tall and is powered by USB cord and AC adapter.
*Includes Mega Man Legacy Collection Video Game

The release date when I ordered it was 2/23 (it was up for a day or two with only pictures of a Ryu statue for some reason), but it's yet to be seen if it's only available in an Xbox One version.

$130 is a lot for that special edition. I'm still looking forward to picking up the 3DS special edition for $50 if I can find it in a store near me.

I've still been watching people streaming Mega Man Legacy Collection on Twitch. It's a pretty fun way to enjoy Mega Man games, although the streamers do range from terrible, to good, to speed run quality.

Even though we're so close to the launch of the 3DS version, Amazon leaked a new Xbox One Special Edition that includes a Mega Man Statue and E-Tank for $129.99!

OEnrnre.jpg
7k4E9oh.jpg

The release date when I ordered it was 2/23 (it was up for a day or two with only pictures of a Ryu statue for some reason), but it's yet to be seen if it's only available in an Xbox One version.

Hope they make one for the PS4 as, yep, def buying then :)

(already own it on XB1)

EDIT: nvm, there is a PS4 sku

leroidys

That's cool. MM's face looks kind of fucked up, but anything is better than the lameass gold-spraypainted version of an amiibo I already own.

That's cool. MM's face looks kind of fucked up, but anything is better than the lameass gold-spraypainted version of an amiibo I already own.

I don't own a Mega Man amiibo, so I'm looking forward to this one. I didn't preorder it or anything, so I'm hoping I can just call and find one. It'll actually be my first amiibo. Also, I doubt it is actually spray-painted.

leroidys

I don't own a Mega Man amiibo, so I'm looking forward to this one. I didn't preorder it or anything, so I'm hoping I can just call and find one. It'll actually be my first amiibo. Also, I doubt it is actually spray-painted.

It is. I saw the gold paint with the Mega Man outline on the pavement behind Capcom USA.

hey, everyone!

sorry for being a lazy ass lately - I updated the OT with the latest info on the upcoming physical releases

And thanks to Protodude's Rockman Corner, I was able to find out a bit more information here and there:

- As of the moment, sources are saying that the 3DS version will NOT have any 3d capabilities (despite the rumors going around late last year...) The "3D warnings" that comes usually with 3DS releases are no where to be seen on MMLC's box art.

- And for the collectors (like me!), only the 3DS version will have a physical release in Japan. PS4 and Xbone are download only (Boo-urns!!!)

-Lastly, no word yet about updated patches or achievement/trophy lists, meaning if the physical versions will be different than the digital; same goes for the Japanese editions (a la Back to the Future or Arkham Asylum)

Stay tuned!

- As of the moment, sources are saying that the 3DS version will NOT have any 3d capabilities (despite the rumors going around late last year...) The "3D warnings" that comes usually with 3DS releases are no where to be seen on MMLC's box art.

That would be really disappointing if that's the case. I know it would take some work, but I thought that was the point of the delay.

EricB

I don't actually care about 3D for this game on 3DS. I just really want rapid fire to be in and I'm good.

Since I already own all six games on two different eshops (not to mention the PC version of this same collection), 3D (or the inclusion of 7-10) is the only thing I care about. Missed opportunity - playing these in 3D would have been great.

Since I already own all six games on two different eshops (not to mention the PC version of this same collection), 3D (or the inclusion of 7-10) is the only thing I care about. Missed opportunity - playing these in 3D would have been great.

I understand that. I guess it is a missed opportunity if there is no 3D, but it doesn't really bother me that much. I already own all 6 games on the 3DS eShop too. I'm looking forward to seeing the art work they have on there and the challenges. It's a good excuse to replay the games too.

EricB

I understand that. I guess it is a missed opportunity if there is no 3D, but it doesn't really bother me that much. I already own all 6 games on the 3DS eShop too. I'm looking forward to seeing the art work they have on there and the challenges. It's a good excuse to replay the games too.

It doesn't bother me either, but it simply means I have no reason to buy it. With 3D it would have been a no-brainer, without it is completely pointless. Since I'd imagine most Megaman fans with a 3DS already own the eshop versions, I wonder how big the audience for this collection will be if it indeed has no 3D.

It doesn't bother me either, but it simply means I have no reason to buy it. With 3D it would have been a no-brainer, without it is completely pointless. Since I'd imagine most Megaman fans with a 3DS already own the eshop versions, I wonder how big the audience for this collection will be if it indeed has no 3D.

I don't have a PS4, XBox One, or PC that can run it, so I haven't bought any version of the Legacy Collection. So I want the extras that it comes with besides the games themselves. I guess I am the target audience.

And also, I agree, that it would have been cool if 9 & 10 were released on 3DS. It would be a fun system to play those games on. I've never actually played 7 or 8, but I think those games would be even more difficult to port over.

the only part of MM1 that's truly fucked is the Yellow Devil

And i beat that game on the PS3 via the PS2 Megaman Anniversary Collection so i finished my first ever playthrough of MM1 dealing with input lag on top of it all.

Don't chicken out, the game is totally not that hard! Just cheese the yellow devil

There are a few things that are hard in MM1. Those platforms that move and shoot at you. The boss refights without health pickups one after another. And the yellow devil, but you can use the pause trick to make the elec beam hit multiple times per cycle.

I skipped this last year in favor of renting it on PS4, looking forward to playing through them all again for like the 900th time

Also, anyone who thinks Mega Man 4 is the worst of the original 6 is a monster

I skipped this last year in favor of renting it on PS4, looking forward to playing through them all again for like the 900th time

1 is probably my least favorite but 4 is right behind it. I'll take 2, 3, 5, and 6 over those two any day.

I, of course, love them all.

lazygecko

I would probably place MM4 within the same lower tier I have for MM1 and 6. But you have to put "worst" in the proper context here since it's a relative term and they are all great games to begin with.

4 was one of the first MM games I was exposed to so I have a unique nostalgic fondness for it (and I vastly prefer how he flashes bright green while the buster is charging. This visual was changed in the later games), but that sentiment has eroded over time. 5 is probably my favorite now.

Piccoro

And i beat that game on the PS3 via the PS2 Megaman Anniversary Collection so i finished my first ever playthrough of MM1 dealing with input lag on top of it all.

Don't chicken out, the game is totally not that hard! Just cheese the yellow devil

There are a few things that are hard in MM1. Those platforms that move and shoot at you. The boss refights without health pickups one after another. And the yellow devil, but you can use the pause trick to make the elec beam hit multiple times per cycle.

For me the hardest thing in MM1 are those crappy moving platforms at the beginning of Guts Man stage... I just lose my patience after falling over and over. :p

IronLich

I feel 5 is the weakest, since Dark Man's castle is just... not a thing at all, especially the fact the bosses are a complete joke, and just not interesting in the slightest. It does finally get some personality after that, but it's too late.

Also, it has Stone Man's weapon. There's no special weapon in the world that can make up for that blunder.

I feel like 6 doesn't get the recognition it deserves, however. I like what they ended up doing to Rush, and even if the special weapons don't stand out, they actually work when you want them to.

G-Fex

Oh come on, just learn the yellow devil pattern it's not that bad. I beat him all the time, without using the stupid select glitch.

Boss refights you just have to practice a bit but they're really not that bad after a while. I think people got a little spoiled by later megaman games.

Also use the magnet beam to get past those flying platforms (and most of iceman's stage)

I can't believe there just isn't enough love for Mega man 1. It's my favorite MOST favorite Megaman/Rockman game. Everything is just pretty much perfect. Epic wily stages. Fantastic memorable bosses.

My bottom ranking games might be 2 and 5.

Sciz

I feel like 6 doesn't get the recognition it deserves, however. I like what they ended up doing to Rush, and even if the special weapons don't stand out, they actually work when you want them to.

Preach. Rush Power is by far and away the best melee weapon in the series.

3 and 5 are both great starts that fall apart in the castle stages. 3 should have ended with the Doc Robot stages rather than dial in those boring, almost unfinished feeling Wily Stages.

4 and 5 have the best castle music though, and 5 has the best Wily Machine music.

Flarin

Really? Mega Man 4 is one of my favorites. I just don't like the parts that require you to mash the fire button really fast.

My man. Everyone loves 2, but 4 is my personal favorite. Tons of great music as well. Skull Man and Ring Man have really great songs.

Top Bottom