• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Member of FB Hate group "Alt Reich Nation" fatally stabs Black student/service member

(Lock if old)
http://www.wyff4.com/article/fbi-investigating-university-stabbing-as-possible-hate-crime/9903834
The FBI is investigating whether the stabbing of a visiting black student by a white student at the University of Maryland was a hate crime, officials said Sunday.

Sean Christopher Urbanski of Severna Park faces charges of first- and second-degree murder as well as first-degree assault in the death of Richard Collins III, police said.

University of Maryland Police Chief David Mitchell said at a press conference Sunday that he asked the FBI to help investigate after learning that that Urbanski, 22, is a member of a Facebook group called "Alt Reich: Nation," where members post disparaging material about African Americans and others.

"We are here to evaluate that as an ongoing concern with respect to whether or not this was a hate crime," Gordon Johnson, special agent in charge of the FBI Field Office in Baltimore, told reporters.

No attorney was listed for Urbanski on online court records and a message left at a number listed for his home was not immediately returned Sunday.

Collins, who was set to graduate from Bowie State University Tuesday, was visiting friends at the College Park campus when he was stabbed. He had recently commissioned as a second lieutenant in the U.S. Army, Mitchell said.

Officials say Collins was with two friends near a bus stop on campus around 3 a.m. when they heard Urbanski screaming and watched him approach them.

Urbanski said "Step left, step left if you know what's best for you," according to the charging documents. Collins said "no" before Urbanski stabbed him once in the chest, the documents say.

The perp, Urbanski
sean-urbanski.jpg

The victim: Collins
richard-collins-iii.jpg

RIP, young man. MSM should quit giving alt-right "spokesman" Richard Spencer interviews and free PR. I saw him on a TNT segment with Charles Barkley freely spouting his nonsense: responsible media doesnt give guys like this a platform and treat race wars dialogue like a fucking episode of Jerry Springer.

Savitar

Oh yeah, this is a hard one to figure out.

But I'm sure certain parties will say the poor guy lunged for the racist piece of shit.

Clefargle

Fuck these tryhard edgelord dumpster people. dumb hateful fucks can't stop killing people the inflate their egos. Trump emboldened them and they are giddy and trembling with anticipation over their promised race war and legitimacy as a retrograde movement.

rjinaz

But just think of all the likes he got for that one!

Hope the fucker rots.

RIP young man that served our nation but wasn't born the right color to live.

Alucrid

Banned
thoughts go out to the victim and his family. i hope every loser who's in that lame facebook group is pissing their pants right now.

Nepenthe

White supremacy is not just a political opinion.

Fuck the "alt-right," and fuck the people who insist they have the right to progressive platforms to espouse their ideology.

III-V

Guys we dont have the whole story... I mean it is a bit suspicous a black guy out at 3am. Also Collins clearly could have avoided the situation if he had just listened to the white man, instead he defied and said "no" probably in a aggressive manner so it wouldnt surprise me if Collin then got close to to Sean, causing Sean to be in fear of his life and defend himself.

Makes sense when you put it that way

Gattsu25

Banned
Throw. The. Damned. Book. At. Him.

This scumbag needs to spend the rest of his life in jail.
Guys we dont have the whole story... I mean it is a bit suspicous a black guy out at 3am. Also Collins clearly could have avoided the situation if he had just listened to the white man, instead he defied and said "no" probably in a aggressive manner so it wouldnt surprise me if Collin then got close to to Sean, causing Sean to be in fear of his life and defend himself.

I know this post is angry and bitter sarcasm...but not everyone will read it that way.

Mark your posts so people don't waste their time responding to you as if the post were sincere.

Pizza

I sure hope he's training to become a doctor! Otherwise he could go to jail!! 😯 That would ruin his career 💔💔💔💔

I fucking hope in the future that a democratic government can start defining nazis/alt-rights/white-nationalists/etc. as terrorists instead of just hate groups.

I mean for fucks sake. This goddamn Nazi killed a second Lieutenant of the US army.

Shoeless

It's really disheartening to see a country like America move into the 21st century, and feel like it's actually sliding backwards socially and politically, rather than forwards. How do you go from having the first black president in your history to having hate groups moving forward more openly and police getting let off for shooting black kids?

Ogodei

Hate crimes, terrorism, then subpoena group messages and book anyone who encouraged him on that facebook group for conspiracy.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

We don't really need this type of shit in here do we?

If I wanted to read ignorant comments I'd head over to this Facebook group.

Such a fucked up situation sadly this shit will become more prevalent now that these types are emboldened by the Dotty old racist in the WH

Jazz573

We don't really need this type of shit in here do we?

If I wanted to read ignorant comments I'd head over to this Facebook group.

Such a fucked up situation sadly this shit will become more prevalent now that these types are emboldened by the Dotty old racist in the WH

Pretty sure it's sarcasm.

Jesus that's heartbreaking, that poor kids family. RIP second lieutenant Collins, thank you for your service.

Burn in hell white supremacist guys whose name I've forgotten and don't gaf.

Nepenthe

It's really disheartening to see a country like America move into the 21st century, and feel like it's actually sliding backwards socially and politically, rather than forwards. How do you go from having the first black president in your history to having hate groups moving forward more openly and police getting let off for shooting black kids?

Whenever there is a step forward for black people, there is always- without fail- a whitelash. From Reconstruction to Jim Crow. From civil rights to the War on Drugs. From Obama to fucking Trump. America never fails to show just how much it honestly hates when we take a step forward. If we somehow take out the War on Drugs, I can't wait for what will happen to us next. Because it will happen.

III-V

I fucking hope in the future that a democratic government can start defining nazis/alt-rights/white-nationalists/etc. as terrorists instead of just hate groups.

I mean for fucks sake. This goddamn Nazi killed a second Lieutenant of the US army.

I think you are on to something.

What is the difference between a hate group and a terrorist? Certainly they have similar goals?

Victim looks every bit the patriot and upstanding citizen that scumbag will never, ever be, no matter how much he deludes himself into believing otherwise.

and Facebook and Twitter continue to allow these hate groups to roam there.

legislation must be broadened to include hate groups in social media as hate speech

Shoeless

I hope he never sees outside a cell for the rest of his life.

He actually is going to get charged and prosecuted though, right? This isn't going to turn into one of those things where he goes to trial, gets acquitted, and comes out smiling saying "Justice is served today" is it?

Top Bottom