• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Yes. I don't know...people seem to wear shorts the majority of the time in summer around here.

edit: and for the record, these passive aggressive answers are the reason I never post in men's fashion threads on GAF.

Come on man we like to joke around. Nothing meant by it. Of course jeans are cool at any season. It's why they make light oz denim.

TheExodu5

Banned
Alright, cool, thanks. Sorry for getting a bit aggressive myself. :p

What do you guys think of these?

VAUGHN%20BLK_XXX.jpg

Just bought a pair, though I did replace the laces with white laces. Typical Vaan style shoes...though I like the little splash of red from the logo and the sole.

In any case, I'm upgrading from these monstrosities, so they immediately look 100x better:
skech161258_41823_jb.jpg

(I really have no idea why I didn't buy a new pair of shoes a looooong time ago)

Do you guys feel it's okay to wear jeans during the summer time? I just feel a lot more comfortable in jeans than I do in shorts.
Wear what you feel most comfortable in. Jeans are perfectly okay year round. People wear shorts cause typically when it's 90 degrees out, 15oz denim doesn't feel very good, but do whatever you like.

What are you going to wear them with? Why did you decide to pick black khakis instead of black denim? Just curious.

Probably my black shoes. Black denim is kind of tough for me since I want a really loose fit pair of black jeans and there isn't much around that I would want. The best jeans I've worn in a long time are Union Line Carpenter jeans.

Probably my black shoes. Black denim is kind of tough for me since I want a really loose fit pair of black jeans and there isn't much around that I would want. The best jeans I've worn in a long time are Union Line Carpenter jeans.
I guess I meant tops. If you're planning on wearing more formal/business attire, then trousers are a better option. If you're going to be wearing more casual attire (t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc), then denim is typically more appropriate. Granted, you say you want loose fitting clothing so to be honest I'm not sure how much help I'll be able to help you there since our fits are on complete opposite ends.

Zekes!

Do you guys feel it's okay to wear jeans during the summer time? I just feel a lot more comfortable in jeans than I do in shorts.

Like I said earlier all I've worn this summer is a pair of raws even though I bought some shorts in May/June :[

I'm trying to start a manshion makeover for myself once I get to the mall I've lost alot of weight and all of my old clothes are way too big.

Alright, cool, thanks. Sorry for getting a bit aggressive myself. :p

What do you guys think of these?

Just bought a pair, though I did replace the laces with white laces. Typical Vaan style shoes...though I like the little splash of red from the logo and the sole.

In any case, I'm upgrading from these monstrosities, so they immediately look 100x better:
skech161258_41823_jb.jpg

(I really have no idea why I didn't buy a new pair of shoes a looooong time ago)
Style doesn't look bad but I've always hated shoes with huge logos on them, part of why I'll never buy something like Nike.

bob page

Tip for anyone who was interested in the Cole Haan Lunargrand but never wanted to spend $200+ for them:

Sketchers put out a 100% clone of them a little bit ago and you can usually find them for around $70 on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008M387OS/?tag=neogaf0e-20
I was curious so I got a pair and they're freaking fantastic for the money. Quality is great and they feel just like the Lunargrand while walking. Sure, they're Sketchers, but there's no visible logos or anything so fuck it.

Here's an article about it on Dappered:
http://dappered.com/2013/07/would-you-wear-it-lunargrands-emboldens/

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Nah those look khaki. Looks like he's back on #teamtucked though.

BTW DC why is everyone you know getting married? Bet your parents are starting to look at you expectingly.

Seriously. He's fortunate though. All I ask is for one of my friends to get married so that I have a reason to go all-out and wear something super extravagant.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
DC what shoes you got.

Caramel shoes. Shitty though. Recommend me some for use with chinos.

DC are those white pants or tan? Did you jump onto #teamwhitepants without us knowing?

They are cream. Not full white. I like them though, but they are a bit see through.

Nah those look khaki. Looks like he's back on #teamtucked though.

BTW DC why is everyone you know getting married? Bet your parents are starting to look at you expectingly.

Doesn't help that my younger bro just proposed to his girlfriend he's had since high school, and did it in Jamaica. I have terrible luck with women.

Boken

Banned
its alright

toe is a little longer than id like and not a fan of dark tips

and are those flat laces?

imo you should go for an AE strand if you want brown brogues

I picked up a pair of red "Veldskoen" this weekend while I was away. You guys probably won't know what Veldskoen are, the direct translation is grass/veld shoes. So they're made for farmers but they're super cool looking. Got them in a light-ish red.

So, they're these but in a light red with black laces.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
its alright

toe is a little longer than id like and not a fan of dark tips

and are those flat laces?

imo you should go for an AE strand if you want brown brogues

Yeah I went in looking for AEs but I didn't like the color on any they had in-store in my size. I'm going to wear these for a couple of days and see how I feel about them, Nordstrom has an excellent return/exchange policy even if the shoes have been worn.

The darker polish on the tips is much more subtle in-person, and the majority of the shoe is darker anyway than what's in the pic so that helps it blend more naturally even more. Not sure about the laces, but that also really doesn't matter as laces are incredibly cheap and easy to replace.

I picked up a pair of red "Veldskoen" this weekend while I was away. You guys probably won't know what Veldskoen are, the direct translation is grass/veld shoes. So they're made for farmers but they're super cool looking. Got them in a light-ish red.

So, they're these but in a light red with black laces.
Vellies, right?

http://brothervellies.com/

they have some pimpin varieties here.

also, these are pretty cool:

http://greatsbrand.com/

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Doesn't help that my younger bro just proposed to his girlfriend he's had since high school, and did it in Jamaica. I have terrible luck with women.

Lol damn. I don't know if I would want to propose to my girlfriend in Jamaica though. I'd probably do it somewhere more haute couture, like Paris or Milan or Akron, Ohio.

Top Bottom