• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

finally warm enough* to wear the summer goods

kY4U2Qf.jpg

not pictured is a pair of blue pants and grey oxfords. much excite.

*51ºF

Pocks

I took advantage of the 25% code at h&m. Around $75 for 3 espadrilles and 2 sneakers.

I expect them to last maybe until August or September, but I'm ok with that.. hah

Visceir

I've been looking for a blazer this color, fit and type. It's 549$ I like the sporty used look, is there an alternative you guys propose at a more affordable price?

http://i.imgur.com/uleHcae.png[/IM][/QUOTE]

Tried this one on at Zara. Ignore the dirty mirror, haha.

[QUOTE][IMG]http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa103/gotty_02/CAM00315.jpg

I'm trying to work my way into short sleeve button-ups this summer so I bought a basic one from J. Crew today to test the waters. Now if only I can find some crazy patterns I'll be set.

It's all about airing the guns in the summer. I need to adds more s/s to my collection.

I have also taken an important step and have decided to only wear monochrome shoes from now on. Just need to find a home for the unwanted.

The most interesting ties to me are the ones that don't have a consistent pattern all the way across. Anyone know where to buy good one, like Mike Ross' tie below?

http://imgur.com/nc6AwDL
they're called placement stripes, but often called 'single stripe', and I've seen them from band of outsiders and a couple other places on the higher-end

not sure your budget, but I have heard good things about tie bar, and they have a run of them called 'prodigy stripe'.

Just had a friend argue that leaving the bottom button undone is for fat people who can't fully close their suits.

Haha, nice. I had someone tell me something similar once. Something along the lines of "if you button that bottom button it's gonna be sooooooo tight." Yea, you know nothing about style, fitment, etc. GTFO.

Visceir

Nice fit and color! Price?

Yeah, it was really nice and the price is reasonable. Only reason I didn't buy it is because summer is still months away and by then my body might have changed slightly. Figured I'd delay the purchase until then.

Def looks better in person than on those website photos, fabric had a nice shine to it. More suited to late night clubbing, I guess.

y2dvd

This is going to be a silly question but the jeans that are rolled up slightly at the bottom. Does that work with any jeans or is it a type of style you can find at stores? Are people just buying longer lengths and rolling it up?

From the first page.
d718dc078819efa9e83691841a97a32a.jpg

This is going to be a silly question but the jeans that are rolled up slightly at the bottom. Does that work with any jeans or is it a type of style you can find at stores? Are people just buying longer lengths and rolling it up?

From the first page.
d718dc078819efa9e83691841a97a32a.jpg

Any jeans can be cuffed like that. A lot of people get selvedge denim so they can show off the selvedge line.

red-selvedge-main.png

f0rk

Going to do the 6 month wash on my N&Fs, is 30C in the washing machine correct? Should I put a washing capsule in or just water?

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Can you wear boat shoes with socks? Without socks it gets sweaty. Any suggestions (Other than powder crap)?

Shiv47

Can you wear boat shoes with socks? Without socks it gets sweaty. Any suggestions (Other than powder crap)?

You can. Should you? Typically, it's not done. Get some of the no-show socks available from various places, assuming the boat shoes aren't cut too low for the sock.

I just bought an awesome men's fashion magazine from S/S 2004. Incredible how many brands have either drastically changed, or don't even exist anymore. rip the gucci cowboy

NinjaBoiX

Going to do the 6 month wash on my N&Fs, is 30C in the washing machine correct? Should I put a washing capsule in or just water?
I don't get this. A wash every 6 months? That's kind of disgusting. They must stink by that point, urgh.

If they're such good quality, why can't you wash them once a week like normal person jeans?

Edit: I just read again, you're questioning whether to use detergent as well? Are these jeans made out of discarded paper towels or something?

Lunacy.

I don't get this. A wash every 6 months? That's kind of disgusting. They must stink by that point, urgh.

If they're such good quality, why can't you wash them once a week like normal person jeans?

Edit: I just read again, you're questioning whether to use detergent as well? Are these jeans made out of discarded paper towels or something?

Lunacy.

is this a real post

NinjaBoiX

I know it's a common thing, but I just find if pretty gross, to not wash your clothes at least every few times you wear them. And to possibly contemplate "washing" them without any soap is just pointless, might as well just wear them when it's raining.

Are expensive clothes so fragile that you can't even wash them normally? Seems like a QA issue to me.

Top Bottom