• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Alucrid

Banned
you people like flowers and shit

qlEE6JHl.jpg

This is dumb. Paying $250 for a dip dye cotton sweatshirt is like paying billions for a Jackson Pollock. You do it not because the sweatshirt is anything special. You do it so you can say you spent $250 on a fucking sweatshirt.

NinjaBoiX

I honestly thought you guys were just goofing around about the dip-dye stuff. I mean, that shit looked tacky as hell in the 80's never mind now!

Each to their own I guess, but I wouldn't be seen dead in a dip-dyed sweater.

What about tie-dye you guys?

This is dumb. Paying $250 for a dip dye cotton sweatshirt is like paying billions for a Jackson Pollock. You do it not because the sweatshirt is anything special. You do it so you can say you spent $250 on a fucking sweatshirt.

i've never had the misfortune of meeting someone douchy enough irl to gloat about how much their clothing cost. people asking on the other hand...

well one is hundreds of millions of dollars

the other is $250. plus the one i linked is cashmere!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So. Good summer shorts/shirts/shoes?

My typical go-to for warm weather is just khaki shorts, plain colored t-shirts, and Sperry's. I'm looking to change it up a bit. Nothing extreme, just some good warm weather gear.

Hi. Long time time since I last posted here and I need some advice.

A while back I bought a regular Zara round neck t-shirt in white. It may be slim fitting, I'm not 100% sure. I wear it a lot, too often probably. I just wanted to know if any of you can suggest a reputable carrier of plain white tees. I'd like to get hold of a few more. They just need to be white, slim fitting and (preferably) low cost.

Thanks.

Hi. Long time time since I last posted here and I need some advice.

A while back I bought a regular Zara round neck t-shirt in white. It may be slim fitting, I'm not 100% sure. I wear it a lot, too often probably. I just wanted to know if any of you can suggest a reputable carrier of plain white tees. I'd like to get hold of a few more. They just need to be white, slim fitting and (preferably) low cost.

Thanks.
is there something wrong with Zara? sounds like you're pretty happy with that one

is there something wrong with Zara? sounds like you're pretty happy with that one
Ah, the important piece of information: They no longer stock the shirt I have which sucks. It was a sale item when I went there (60% off) so I figured eh may as well get one. Should have bought all six in my size.

NinjaBoiX

Bought some red Engineered Garments cords.

Not sure about what to wear with em, but they looked like good pants.
Red trousers are cool, they can really set off an outfit. Red trousers with some nicely contrasting sneakers and a light coloured/white tee looks great.

I like red and blue clothes, particularly darker reds and blues. That has probably become apparent by now!

So. Good summer shorts/shirts/shoes?

My typical go-to for warm weather is just khaki shorts, plain colored t-shirts, and Sperry's. I'm looking to change it up a bit. Nothing extreme, just some good warm weather gear.

bright, lightweight slim-fit polos. i've always considered summer to be an acceptable time for neon/neon accents.

roshe runs would be a good summer shoe too.

NinjaBoiX

Wait, someone is making fun of Drip-Dye in here? Don't get how something minimal such as this is "tacky"

7ekYNhv.jpg
To be fair, that is a bit more tasteful. I'd actually wear that if my grandmother bought me one for Christmas.

(I kid, just joshing!)

I dunno, it's just like, my opinion man. It just seems a strange addition to a garment:

"This sweater looks a bit bland in one colour, it needs a little something. Why don't we make it look like we dipped half of it in bleach?"

But fashion, like so many things, is incredibly subjective innit, that's what makes this thread interesting.

Guys like ill and alucrid splurge hardcore. I only buy stuff if I have a promo code or it's some kind of sale.

Although sometimes I go full price if it's must have.

NinjaBoiX

I don't think I'm super cheapo, I'd like to think I buy pretty decent clothes and dress fairly well. But when I see some of the prices you guys pay for stuff it boggles my mind!

But again, the variety is part of the appeal of this thread.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
My bf would love a few of those Gitman prints, but fuck two hunnid bones for a shirt.

I'm gonna want to splurge on something really nice when we hit San Fran in a couple weeks, but ugh, fashion vs debt is some real boner-killing junk.

I don't think gitman is for me. I saw their shirts in person and the fabric quality looked like someones old sheets. Maybe Engineered Garments or Band of Outsiders or Our Legacy.

first you hate on cp highs, now you hate on gitman

but for those looking for kewl prints you can often get brands like ymc, wesc and co on ebay for pretty cheap. and reyn spooner if you want to go full old-man print.

Top Bottom