• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

NinjaBoiX

I basically wear green or blue pants, light blue or white shirts, and green or navy jackets.

How red fits, I dunno.
Red pants would work great with a light blue or white shirt, and a navy jacket would look cool too.

I'm not sure how well a green jacket would work with red pants though, I guess it depends on the shades.

Need pics.
I posted a quick selfie a while back but it's this:
65190_1.jpg

one of the gitman/opening ceremony releases for london 2012. have not been able to source the corresponding stars and stripes shorts, sadly.

mac, that shirt is incredible.

These are all fairly muted, well suited colours. I'd just try a few combos see what looks best.

well i already bought the above combo but I get home, do some research, and i see some people online swearing to never wear black slacks with a light color blazer.....

idk, im new at this.

Okay, not much into fashion or brands but I've grown to really really love the fit of American Apparel shirts. The Slim fit design and basic colors really intrigue me. What other brands offer the same fit without costing a fortune? My latest kick is the 3/4 sleeve baseball tees, just super comfortable and I've gotten a lot of compliments, surprisingly.

Boken

Banned
oh man i gotta get in on this dip dying business

my wardrobe is sorely lacking and the designs have been getting hella tight

well i already bought the above combo but I get home, do some research, and i see some people online swearing to never wear black slacks with a light color blazer.....

idk, im new at this.
confused, do you mean wearing a blazer + teeshirt + black dress pants? and re: that rule, imo it holds if you're wearing the same fabric top and bottom, otherwise I don't think it's a panacea. Most of my blazers are on the lighter end while my pants are generally darker.

but wearing a tee and blazer with dress pants can be tricky, it can easily look like a total mismatch of very casual and very formal. Instead, maybe a vneck sweater?

edit: I would go with blue personally. depends on the specifics. pics?

Okay, not much into fashion or brands but I've grown to really really love the fit of American Apparel shirts. The Slim fit design and basic colors really intrigue me. What other brands offer the same fit without costing a fortune? My latest kick is the 3/4 sleeve baseball tees, just super comfortable and I've gotten a lot of compliments, surprisingly.
alternative apparel is basically the same deal but in a more chill vibe.

Salazar

WRITER: BRYAN
My good friend, Visvim founder and CTO Hiroki Nakamura continues to impress us each season, and this summer’s Tees are especially nice. We often hear complaints that brands like Visvim have a low cost-benefit ratio, but I feel Visvim starting to offer very affordable pieces like this Tee make a non-purchase increasingly hard to justify.

Manshion 2014: Visvim non-purchases increasingly hard to justify

I need to buy my first suit. I will need it for interviews, and a few weddings throughout the year ect.

Basically I want something kinda nice but don't know where to look or what to expect. I'd love something with a nice fit having just lost a bunch of weight lol.

I'm looking to spend 600-1k? hoping thats a good range, don't really know.

there are a good number of ck collection suits on myhabit right now for about $500. nice slim fit without being too trendy or stodgy. you can definitely get something very good for that price, especially if you have the time and/or desire to mess with online shopping.

yoox has at or under $1k:

caruso
canali
cantarelli
(the c's are all very well priced)
boglioli
etc

and this isn't even getting into the fashion labels like prada, jil sander, margiela and so on. come deep sale time all the non-mainstream labels get cheap. ridiculously cheap.

I need to buy my first suit. I will need it for interviews, and a few weddings throughout the year ect.

Basically I want something kinda nice but don't know where to look or what to expect. I'd love something with a nice fit having just lost a bunch of weight lol.

I'm looking to spend 600-1k? hoping thats a good range, don't really know.
SuitSupply my man.

yoox has at or under $1k:

caruso
canali
cantarelli
(the c's are all very well priced)
boglioli
etc

and this isn't even getting into the fashion labels like prada, jil sander, margiela and so on. come deep sale time all the non-mainstream labels get cheap. ridiculously cheap.

there are a good number of ck collection suits on myhabit right now for about $500. nice slim fit without being too trendy or stodgy. you can definitely get something very good for that price, especially if you have the time and/or desire to mess with online shopping.

I would imagine not owning a suit would make it tough for me to get a good fit shopping online no? I'm not sure at all what jacket size would be right for me.

Those CK suits look kinda nice. Is there a material I should be looking for, they say wool.. is that hot? Thick? lol I'm not high fashion. I wear fitted dress shirts when I go out, 501 jeans and AA tshirts mostly.

SuitSupply my man.

Thanks I'm going to check that out.

EDIT: Website is NOTHING like I would have imagined with a name like suit supply. Show uncensored fucking LOL.

Double Edit: Damn some of these look nice.

I would imagine not owning a suit would make it tough for me to get a good fit shopping online no? I'm not sure at all what jacket size would be right for me.

Those CK suits look kinda nice. Is there a material I should be looking for, they say wool.. is that hot? Thick? lol I'm not high fashion. I wear fitted dress shirts when I go out, 501 jeans and AA tshirts mostly.
re: finding a good fit... yes and no. most of the european suits I have encountered are 95% the same*. the usually differ in pants rise or chest suppression more than anything, and only by a small margin. ck collection is a pretty easy fit, IMO. The shoulders are not super narrow and the thighs of the pants have a bit more room in them vs say something from Dior.. I'm a medium in most things and take a 38, fwiw. maybe acrid can stop by and post some selfies of the suit i sent him blindly...

re: fabric, it's the standard all-season wool. might be a little hot in a 100 degree summer, but I've done ok. wool is actually a pretty good at wicking moisture.

*I have owned the following suit brands at one point or another, and have tried on several more:

viktor & rolf
martin margiela
jil sander
marc jacobs
burbery london
calvin klein collection
cantarelli
costume national
zzegna

not going to get into how many of these are/were grey

Your dye clothing talk reminded me that I own this, which I rarely wore last summer.
Opinions? not me obviously but Im never really sure with the damn thing.
4_351.jpg

NinjaBoiX

Team spending all we have on cheap clothing.
Haha, I just bought yet more swag today. Another tee and a jacket.

Might post pics later.
Your dye clothing talk reminded me that I own this, which I rarely wore last summer.
Opinions? not me obviously but Im never really sure with the damn thing.
4_351.jpg
I actually really like this. It's a really gradual fade and the stripes help to break it up. I would absolutely wear that.

It's when it's quite a harsh gradient that it looks a bit shit IMO, like it's literally been dipped in dye.

(I get that that's the idea! Just not my thing.)

I've been looking for a blazer this color, fit and type. It's 549$ I like the sporty used look, is there an alternative you guys propose at a more affordable price?

uleHcae.png

Top Bottom