• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Desi

Considering H&M is garbage tier quality, I suggest you get a beige one from Burberry (either Prorsum or London).

meh, the trenches from those Burberry lines start at $1200

edit: wait, this be a good time to say I am selling a black size M cropped Burberry London trench on ebay.....

one_kill

Looking to get a made-to-measure suit online. Any store recommendations?
Store should be able to ship to Australia.

How's Black Lapel?

Question for you guys. Do I have to buy designer $100 plus jeans for them to be skinny AND stretchy? I don't play that uncomfortable shit.

Bit late but I think the Levi 511 commuters are the closest you're going to get. More of a slim fit than skinny but just size down :p

CFMOORE!

Bullshit. This is Margiela and cost 425 and I wouldn't buy it if it was the last shirt on it.

Why would you encourage him to get those shirts?

there's nothing inherently bad about the shirts with up turned cuffs having a different pattern. it could be a nice little bit of uniqueness to the shirt. the difficulty comes in having them upturned and not looking sloppy or like Cameron from Modern Family.

And you're such a comedy genius, Alucrid.

^ they're being idiots. considering the dumb shit people post in here as "looking dope" and "must cop", their opinions of a shirt which has a different pattern in the cuff should have no bearing on what you personally like. if they were $500, some insane blindingly bad pattern, or on a different model in some paris fashion show, someone in here talking shit would probably want to buy it

Seriously, the snobbery can be out of control in this thread.

giga

^ they're being idiots. considering the dumb shit people post in here as "looking dope" and "must cop", their opinions of a shirt which has a different pattern in the cuff should have no bearing on what you personally like. if they were $500, some insane blindingly bad pattern, or on a different model in some paris fashion show, someone in here talking shit would probably want to buy it
The contrast cuff isn't my problem with those shirts. My issues are the design and colors. They're reminiscent of what a high schooler in the 90s would wear to the homecoming dance. Additionally, the cuffs shouldn't be rolled up that way. Roll your sleeves to the midpoint of your forearm, at the minimum.

Paul Smith jackets. What's the thought on them?

Edit:

The jacket in question, if that helps:

paulsmith.jpg

I_5053841071239_51_20130911

What do you guys think of these?

I'm looking for boots that I can use going outdoors (hiking) but also casually from time to time in the winter. Can I get both from one or should I bite the bullet and buy for each?

Fou-Lu

Any opinions on Jack Threads? They are definitely more in my price range than most of the sites I see recommended here, but I imagine that reflects in quality. Still how's the shipping/service/clothes?

I_5053841071239_51_20130911

What do you guys think of these?

I'm looking for boots that I can use going outdoors (hiking) but also casually from time to time in the winter. Can I get both from one or should I bite the bullet and buy for each?

Yes you can but don't get those. Make sure it's a Goodyear welted boot with full grain leather; those will fall apart in no time.

Look up Alden, Chippewa, LL Bean, Wolverine, Red Wing, Frye. Even if the boots aren't marketed as waterproof you can seal up a decent pair of Goodyear welted boots with Sno Seal for winter.

Any opinions on Jack Threads? They are definitely more in my price range than most of the sites I see recommended here, but I imagine that reflects in quality. Still how's the shipping/service/clothes?
I've had a few disappointments, but overall, pretty decent for my price range. I've been fairly happy with their Woolf and Goodale brands.

Yes you can but don't get those. Make sure it's a Goodyear welted boot with full grain leather; those will fall apart in no time.

Look up Alden, Chippewa, LL Bean, Wolverine, Red Wing, Frye. Even if the boots aren't marketed as waterproof you can seal up a decent pair of Goodyear welted boots with Sno Seal for winter.

Thanks alot. Found a great LL Bean pair that I hope will do the trick.

Check out Dover Street Market today. Really feeling this Lewis Leathers perfecto I tried on. Think I'm gonna cop.

Also, SLP raised the price of their perfecto. 6.5k now.

Desi

saw that muji was having a big clothes clearance and then noticed they were sold out of Small turtlenecks.

I need some turtle/rollnecks guys!!

speaking of socks, jhane barnes, who is no longer making gaudy 80s drug sweaters (RIP), has some cool socks available online until they run out.

re: turtlenecks, ck collection has some cool shit around, plus you can always just get women's turtlenecks *kanyeshrug*

overcast

Can't decide between an oxford or just a tshirt from Uniqlo..

I'll get the shirt and check out how I size up on their oxfords when they open up down here.

Recently bought this Howe jacket and had it taken in. What would be some nice complimenting shirt/tie combinations? Specifically, for a wedding.

that looks like a lovely jacket but really not something to wear to a formal occasion like a wedding

no hands on experience with ps casualwear, but all of his lines' tailored stuff is good and worth a buy. get it. cool blue color.

it's really nice but not slim cut at all if that's what you want

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Was in Vegas last weekend and in a few malls. The two we went in had Dolce, Gucci, Fendi, Prada, Louis V, Tom Ford, Burberry, Armani, etc.

I couldn't afford anything...

Top Bottom