• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

overcast

Going to need a few new sweaters for the winter for sure. Navy or grey is what I'm looking for. Problem is, I'm pretty skinny so it's not as flattering a fit typically.

as promised:

10448201_745254395521160_3139018562773118917_n.jpg

subtly is overrated
This is sick.

I would love to get a pair of those Aldens but those prices lol. I would be afraid to wear them out and worried they would get scuffed up considering how much they are.

Those are actually chromexcel leather which can't really get scuffed up because of all the oils injected into it; you can brush all the scuffs out.

Alucrid

Banned
love this. you should cop one of those ss11 dior homme shirts

http://www.style.com/slideshows/2010/fashionshows/S2011MEN/CDMEN/RUNWAY/00010m.jpg[IMG]

for some reason was the first thing to pop in to my head when i saw your fit[/QUOTE]

damn, that does look pretty good. had a similar idea with a geller baseball shirt, but dior one is a lot nicer

[img]http://assemblynewyork.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/243x363/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/a/b/abd_5132_1_.jpg

Is there a name for that cut into the side/bottom of button up shirts?

Guy in the right has it, sorry, couldn't find a much better picture.

it's a rounded hem, whose cut is meant to be longer to keep the tails tucked in

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Grabbed a pair of Red Wings on the cheap at Nordstrom Rack!

Passed them by and I LOVED them - but knew they wouldn't fit because I was in the size 18 (lol) section. Drats! I grabbed them anyway to see which model they were for later, and the price... .... and saw they were 13s. SCORE! Before even looking at the price, I knew I wanted them. $160 down from $255.

9X7Ln9Sl.jpg

Question: What do you guys do for sunglasses?
here is my current selection, using stock photos since i'm lazy

$T2eC16V,!wsE9suw%29qc5BRQk66iD-!~~60_57.JPG

ralph lauren 9758

81ba227126c430d38c65425650657bca.jpg

kris van assche - linda farrow c11

31nK0dygErL.jpg

fabien baron fb012 aviator

next on my list is the illesteva frieda in either black or this nifty horn

round2.jpg

and possibly the retrosuperfuture panama in black/gold/brown

1000w

cdyhybrid

Greetings Man-shion, apologies if my questions have already been answered, but I didn't see a specific mention in the OP. Also, I'm kind of finding my way when it comes to this fashion thing, so there's a strong chance I might be doing it wrong.

I'm heading to Vegas in a week and a half and am looking to put some finishing touches on an outfit for a night out at the club. It's an outdoor club, so I wanted to dress as light as possible since it'll be hot as fuck - ruling out any vests or jackets or anything of that nature.

Got a white button-up with very thin, black vertical stripes, a black/black striped tie, and black slacks (from Express if it matters). What kind of shoes would go well with this, or at least what color? I've got some black Oxford shoes, but I feel like there's a strong chance I've already got too much black in the outfit.

Also, do you guys have any advice on wallets? Not looking to break the bank, just hoping to find something simple and sleek, yet nice for <$100. Brand name not really important.

I would honestly skip a tie if you aren't wearing a jacket, and also, I don't think I saw anybody wearing a tie anywhere on the strip. maybe some bow ties for swag purposes, but that's it. well, the only guy I saw with a bow tie tried to sell me coke.

if possible, consider navy pants and black shoes. I like wearing ostentatious white shoes out at night but you'll probably have stiletto marks and misc grime all over them within an hour. well-shined black is safe and looks good, no reason to muck with it. I don't think people pay much attention to what you're wearing at all unless you're going hard or look like garbage. just ime.

also consider getting a card holder to cut down on bulk if you aren't wearing a jacket. however, I will endorse a nice light cotton or cotton blend jacket at night, it will bring everything together nicely ;P

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
here is my current selection, using stock photos since i'm lazy

ralph lauren 9758

kris van assche - linda farrow c11

fabien baron fb012 aviator

next on my list is the illesteva frieda in either black or this nifty horn

and possibly the retrosuperfuture panama in black/gold/brown

I enjoy these for obvious reasons

persol-714-black.jpg

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
I like Persols a lot but they're just a touch too big for my face. Shame

Ironically with all the extra hinges on the 714 it was just big enough for mine. One of the very few that ever fit me. I was very sad to lose them. Longest streak I ever owned a pair of sunglasses.

usea

Any shoe suggestions? I'm looking for something to wear every day. I currently wear these, but they're falling apart after a few months and they were overpriced as well (I paid around $80 iirc):

So I want something sturdier, but not expensive. Ideally around $50, but I'd go up to around $100 for something good. I know I'm cheap. Sorry. My wardrobe is mostly slacks/chinos, and button-ups either plaid or plain. Sometimes I wear a plain v-neck tee or dark jeans.

I was looking at these, but they're out of my size and I'm afraid they'll fall apart too (cost about $50):

I already have a pair of these, which I love. But I want something slightly more casual for variety:

Top Bottom