• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Chippewa Service Boots are 20% off on Amazon.com today, which means they're roughly $209 to the usual $259.

I originally wanted the Sand Suede ones but now I'm leaning towards getting the Burgundy ones:

Chippeaw6InchServiceBootBurgundy_L1.jpg

lyst and polyvore are the only ones I know about. lyst is more higher end in general than svpply, fwiw. I've found if I just punch vague descriptors into google shopping or GIS to find a particular type of item, then go from there to actually find a place to buy it, that works well enough, since you'll get links to svpply, lyst and co anyway.

Nesotenso

lyst and polyvore are the only ones I know about. lyst is more higher end in general than svpply, fwiw. I've found if I just punch vague descriptors into google shopping or GIS to find a particular type of item, then go from there to actually find a place to buy it, that works well enough, since you'll get links to svpply, lyst and co anyway.

thanks, svpply is no more

oh wow, I swear I was just browsing the site a couple weeks ago. I've heard of some tinder-like shopping apps for phones but the names escape me and I don't know if they do men's stuff.

BadTaste

With a chest size of 37 inches I can't decide between 2 size choices for a jacket - Small (36-38 inches) or Medium (38-40 inches).

With a chest size of 37 inches I can't decide between 2 size choices for a jacket - Small (36-38 inches) or Medium (38-40 inches).

Probably gonna have to choose on a case by case basis. Even within brands the sizing can change based on each piece. Maybe try and find the item on a site that offers detailed measurements.

BadTaste

eh base it off other measurements like sleeve length or shoulder width?

Probably gonna have to choose on a case by case basis. Even within brands the sizing can change based on each piece. Maybe try and find the item on a site that offers detailed measurements.

asos only really go by chest size, they do however list how tall the model is in said pic along with what chest size he's wearing.

NinjaBoiX

Saw someone going full normcore today.
What exactly is "normcore"? I thought I knew, but then I Google image searched and it came back with loads of different styles ranging from white tees and stonewash to loud neon sweaters and baseball caps.

OKkGMvQ.jpg

Clear as mud!
Quick thoughts on these?

image1xxl.jpg
image3xl.jpg

type of jeans and color to wear with?
Pretty cool, although I feel like there are too many shades of brown.

But they seem like smart casual trainers, I think they'd work with most jeans and even trousers.

i havent bought much from jcrew, picked 3 some shirts and a sweater and the cart total is 288$ before taxes :|

do they have sales any time of the year? or should i expect to pay around this amount

hoggert

normcore is seinfeld style: baggy blue jeans, ll bean flannel, huge hair, sneakers. the phrase was coined a year and a half ago and was hip 30 years ago, so get on it asap

CFMOORE!

i havent bought much from jcrew, picked 3 some shirts and a sweater and the cart total is 288$ before taxes :|

do they have sales any time of the year? or should i expect to pay around this amount

they are ALWAYS having sales. and depending on your size, you will be able to clean house there during sales.

jesalr

I'm in California for a week, from the UK. I'll be around San Jose. Where's worth shopping? I don't have a huge budget, and usually shop around the likes of Uniqlo here.

sammelito

Hey guys, im looking for a dark olive green/camo grey cotton field jacket, preferably with a "rugged" kind of look and feel to it. Found one by scotch & soda but its from 2013 and out of stock everywhere. Price is not a huge issue as long as they ship to sweden. Any tips?

I'm in California for a week, from the UK. I'll be around San Jose. Where's worth shopping? I don't have a huge budget, and usually shop around the likes of Uniqlo here.
they have a muji, which can often yield interesting not-expensive shit. they also have a boutique consignment shop (Crossroads), which in Seattle can sometimes have cool stuff for pretty good prices, and browsing is a fun way to kill an afternoon with a friend. beyond that, I'm not seeing anything of real note outside of the standard stuff you can probably find across the pond.

Shizuka

Hello everybody, I'm new to Men's Fashion GAF! I was trying to find a good place to discuss something I found last night, but I think this could be the right place.

I found out of an app called Wish, where you could find several things, but specially clothes, that are sold by third-party sellers for people all around the world. I've found several great coats, pants, shirts and other things, luckily I can fit the asian size they're all in.

h18-6_1024x1024.jpg

I decided to buy this coat today to try out the app, but in case someone has seen it before, is the app reliable? Can I order clothes from them without having to worry?

Desi

Shizuka

I thought the necklace and the overall picture looks a bit tacky, but I'm willing to take a chance and see if it looks better in person. If not, it was pretty cheap anyway.

Top Bottom