• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

I'm a 9D US, and I went with an 8 as marked on their site (UK), and all is well. the lasts don't seem too different in fit, hiro is a bit more narrow than olfe, IME.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Which color would you guys recommend, especially to go with a charcoal pea coat?

visconti-16054xl-harvard-xl-.jpg

41uB2qGjwL.jpg
Posting for new page. Both are Visconti XL bags.

How many here buy items from retail stores outside of big sales? I'm always terrified of going into Nordstroms or Saks, spending a bunch on something and then realizing it's half off on some random website the next week. Always nice to actually try stuff on though, especially for shoes. Have a full size difference between my left and right foot which can be frustrating.

How many here buy items from retail stores outside of big sales? I'm always terrified of going into Nordstroms or Saks, spending a bunch on something and then realizing it's half off on some random website the next week. Always nice to actually try stuff on though, especially for shoes. Have a full size difference between my left and right foot which can be frustrating.

I've definitely bought things and then found them for much less online. You just gotta live and let live when it comes to that. Besides, if I only saw the item online, often times I wouldn't have even bought it, rendering the price difference moot. My leopard print teddy bomber, for example, was a total impulse buy, and if I didn't try it on at the store I would have never purchased it. I saw it for a few hundred less online a week later, but it wouldn't have mattered if I only saw the online price because I would never have purchased it anyways.

Antagon

Nice choice. Sadly never seen them in the flesh myself (there doesn't seem to be any shops that stock them here) but heard a lot of rave stories about them. They're probably going to be my next boots of my iron rangers ever wear out.

NinjaBoiX

Fondled Balenciaga and Philip Lim leather backpacks last night. madeahugemistake.gif

So soft and supple. :(
I saw a really lush Tommy Hilfiger leather jacket in TK Maxx last week; great fit and the leather was so soft and smooth. It was marked down from £470 to £150, I probably would've bought it if not for the admittedly tiny Hilfiger flag in the middle of the shoulders.

I dunno, looked kind of showy to me even as small as it was. Plus, I have it in my head that Hilfiger gear doesn't exactly scream "fashionable".

LProtag

I want some boots badly. Especially for camping sometimes. I'm kinda broke though.

Should I just go with Bean Boots because they're somewhat affordable? In terms of other boots really only Iron Rangers come in my size (I have super small feet) and I don't know if I can justify dropping 300 dollars on a pair of boots at this point in my life.

I've definitely bought things and then found them for much less online. You just gotta live and let live when it comes to that. Besides, if I only saw the item online, often times I wouldn't have even bought it, rendering the price difference moot. My leopard print teddy bomber, for example, was a total impulse buy, and if I didn't try it on at the store I would have never purchased it. I saw it for a few hundred less online a week later, but it wouldn't have mattered if I only saw the online price because I would never have purchased it anyways.
That's a good way to justify in my head, because often times being at a store is how I discover something interesting I never would have come across otherwise. Although generally I just go to try on jean fits.

Really disappointed though, had a Nordstroms open 10 minutes from where I live which I was really excited about as the other one is downtown which is a 40-60 minute drive. Went in and the men's section was tiny, they didn't carry many brands(No Naked/APC/Acne/one Rag and Bone fit) and the shoe section was completely indistinguishable from Macys. Maybe I've just been spoiled by what I think Nordstroms is because the galleria store seems like it might be a flagship given they carry tons of designer brands not listed online. Bought a pair of Nudies that were on sale as I fucked up my other blue pair. She said they'd be getting APCs in eventually but oh well. Certainly not going to compare to the other store any time soon.

What's the best place to order a pair of Common Project shoes?

I've never ordered a pair so I just wasn't sure if they were slightly cheaper one place or the other(ie, does one charge tax/shipping). Never had problems with thecorner but the other stores are new to me. Would assume they all at least take some care in their packaging given the cost of the goods.

20% discount hmmmm. duties tho?

I've never ordered a pair so I just wasn't sure if they were slightly cheaper one place or the other(ie, does one charge tax/shipping). Never had problems with thecorner but the other stores are new to me. Would assume they all at least take some care in their packaging given the cost of the goods.
looking around thecorner has the lowest prices, but their selection is hit or miss IMO.

SSENSE packaging was nothing special but they have very good customer service from my past experiences

ssense and mr porter are so popular they never have any reason to cut prices or offer anything special. Sure they have sales but even then the best stuff is gone when it's 10% off.

Anyone have the Glossy CPs?
Kind of like them but feel like they might look a bit cheap at a glance. Otherwise I'll probably just go with the mids.
Tres Bien discount is nice though, the glossy pair above come out to 384 as compared to 480 on ssense. Latter has way more color options though.

I have those in regulardude leather; more than anything I like them cuz of the shaft height and extended tongue. goes with everything. depending on what you wear, high gloss might be limiting, imo.

Yeah, I'm just going to go with the regular leather because now that you mentioned it the gloss will limit the options a bit. Do they run pretty standard? They don't seem to have a 9 in stock so my options are between 8.5 and 10. I have mutant feet that are a full size difference apart so I just like to be careful. One foot usually suffers though :p

i'm a 9/42 in everything and these fit like they should. all cp's do IMO but I ran into a weird aberration with a pair of perforated summer achilles and needed to go up a size.

Great, thanks. Ordered the 43s so hopefully they fit well enough, nothing is ever perfect though given the difference. One day I will be able to buy two pairs of everything and finally be at ease :p The more lucrative job's contract got downsized at the last minute though so unfortunately I still have to somewhat sensible at the moment.

Man, 435 dollars :[ Such nice shoes. Gonna stick with 100 dollar shoes for some more years.
They come out to 348 at Tres Bien, not that it really matters at that point :p I feel you though, I'm working full time now in a job with lots of overtime so I can save up more money to finish college while not working(nursing school is tough) but it was one nice pair of jeans a year not too long ago. Probably shouldn't be buying clothes at all, but I need something to get me through the week :p

PFD

Some popular options:

Red Wing Beckman / Gentleman Traveler
RedWingsBeckman.jpg

Red Wing Iron Rangers
08111amber-harness.png

Wolverine 1000 Mile
wolverine-1000-mile-boots-hypebeast-2.jpg

The quality of all of these are good. Not sure how well they breath though.

I'm looking to buy something like these, but my budget is only around $100 canadian. Can I find anything at that price in Canada? Should I wait until black friday or christmas?

they tend to go on sale, around $220 or so IME, but that's double your number. I don't know what's out there in canadaland for a hundo, but if you dig around stores you can probably find something ok.

Top Bottom