• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

3qLZUxr.jpg
our legacy sweatshirt in blue/grey melange

one one hand this is the best sweatshirt i've owned period; fits very well, looks great, and is put together nicely. on the other hand it's just a fucking sweatshirt. perhaps over time it will differentiate itself to a greater degree vs regular ol department store sweats. i dunno. I am curious as to how it compares to stuff like sunspel, reigning champ, and etc. but such purchases will have to wait a bit.

overcast

our legacy sweatshirt in blue/grey melange

one one hand this is the best sweatshirt i've owned period; fits very well, looks great, and is put together nicely. on the other hand it's just a fucking sweatshirt. perhaps over time it will differentiate itself to a greater degree vs regular ol department store sweats. i dunno. I am curious as to how it compares to stuff like sunspel, reigning champ, and etc. but such purchases will have to wait a bit.
Looks great.. Scared to see what you paid for it though.

Mr.Swag

Banned
I finally understand fashion/appearance.
The point is to dress how people you like or want to meet would like to see you dressed.
Like goth people want to meet Goths, dudes with tank tops showing off their tattoos want to meet girls with tattoos etc.
The point is to hopefully skip a step in the meeting process and acknowledge each other as compatible before ever actually meeting.
So I come to you fashion GAF with a question.

What sort of clothes would give off a certain vibe I'm trying to put out and receive?
The vibe is: I am totally down to chill and watch movies. I dont want to meet your friends, and i dont want you to meet mine. Also, I might seem like i smoke weed, but that is behind me now.

Lately I've just been kindof normcore with a fusion of pothead attire.

Important: I live in the south, so please, don't recommend anything with layers.
Thank You.

overcast

I'm not sure that's how I look at it. I just kind of see something I like, and would assume looks good on me.

It expresses me, but I don't know if it shows that I'm a huge nerd and post on Neogaf if you know what I mean? Certainly you can express what kind of person you are. I mean, skater = flannel/beanie. That's simplifying yourself though I think.. as well as cornering yourself/expression.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Ended up buying the Marc Jacobs leather backpack after all, hah. Found a good deal online and sold a record on Discogs for a few hundo last week, so it was easier to justify the designer price.

overcast

I'm going to look into a nice designer backpack or messenger bag for the Spring 2015 or Fall 2015 semester.

Not like 100's or anything.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?

overcast

makr is great but iirc like 250 or something. they are not dogproof however *cries*
I'll look at them when I get home, probably out of my range though.
Thoughts on this JCrew jacket for $150?

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category...AK&isFromSale=true&isNewSearch=true&hash=row4

I've been eying a lined Filson jacket for a while - but that's nearly twice the price. I could pull the trigger on this guy today. Trying to get some thoughts... will typically be warn into the office; typically wearing a sweater over a collared shirt, jeans, and a pair or boots.
I think it looks good for what you're going for. I have no clue if it's worth the price or what, but that's what the other guys here are for.
Do I pull the scarf off?

fvPOSz5.jpg
Looks cool to me.
Polka dot green jackets are okay but dip dyes are too much?
Shots fired.

saint laurent texted me today saying that since i'm a preferred customer i get access to the aw14 pre-sale.

think i'm bout to get in to the slp t shirt game

Midas

Anyone using lindelepalais.com? They seem to be among the first with new things. Already some SS15 up, even though they won't ship until next year.

NinjaBoiX

Leather/suede is just not something you can get for cheap.
You can totally get leather jackets for cheap, I got a pretty nice one for like £100, I've worn it regularly for around 6 years and it's in excellent condition.
Do you guys know of good brands for Leather Jackets that don't cost the GDP of Cameroon?
Don't worry about brands man, cow skin is cow skin. Plus, logos on leather garments look tacky.

overcast

Yeah, I thought most of the major designer dudes have little to no labels. Or at least a lot of the ones I see.

I'll probably end up getting a leather jacket for about 170-200 in December.

Top Bottom