• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

second pair all the way
Its going to be a big thing at a fancy hotel in the city as far as i know.

If im going with the navy suit, stick with light blue shirt or go for something more flashy?
how light is light blue? if you want some pop, and who doesn't want some pop, maybe a white shirt with a faint pattern and a slick tie? if it's a darkish room, the subtle light-blue-navy-blue thing isn't gonna really show, I would think.

Tore the Elder Statesman piece being drunk last night. So goes the Manshion life.
sounds like it's prime for a restorative whipstitch.

this is dumb but i want another black ballcap for reasons i really cannot articulate. i'm thinking lambskin this time, as I have pleather and rubberized cotton now.

42368M012002_3.jpg

maybe i'll accept blue/black but I'm not sure

yeah my other two are ervell but i'm kinda wary of the buckle closure

as it kinda flopped around on my rubberized cotton hat and I had to cut it short. I also feel like I need the little nubbin that sits on top of these traditionally.

Anyone buy the Urban sweat zip-ups from Uniqlo? Ordered one to get over 200 for the 30 dollars off promotion but so I was just wondering how the quality was. Have only ever ordered pants, shirts, and nylon jackets from them.

Huge sale over at Unionmade. Lotta Gitman shirts in there. Virtually nothing in my size, no surprise there; most of these brands don't even make stuff in XS. -__-

There was one jacket originally at $2500 marked down to $150, lol.
Requires a username/password for me?

hoggert

not feeling any of gant's new shit at all. its like they went back 4 years and picked the shittiest stuff from that collection and created a whole new collection about inane shit like stripes on sleeves. hopefully their spring stuff has some decent checks and i wont have to deck myself out in space boots and rick

Linius

I think its time I throw my old ratty clothes out and upgrade. I'm wearing clothes still that are at least 8 years old. My problem is that I'm tall and lanky, and most stores have pants that are too short for my proper waist size, or other way around. Another bigger issue is that I wear all black. Sometimes dark red or blue. Mostly black. I like button-up, long sleeves with nothing fancy to draw the eyes in. I've tried a few times to branch out, but I'm 26 and have decided I like what I like, and I'm content. Now I just need to find an online shop that sells plain ole, but nice quality, black clothes.

varvatos mainline is good, but way over $400. depends on what you like, but frye, allen edmonds, wolverine, and etc all go for around that number or a bit less (at retail).

outside of something on the $level of gitman, nothing really is popping in my head at the moment. IIRC you asked about pendelton, and from what i've seen the standard $80-100-ish flannels are made in mexico.

varvatos mainline is good, but way over $400. depends on what you like, but frye, allen edmonds, wolverine, and etc all go for around that number or a bit less (at retail).

jeez, you're right. for some reason i was under the impression that mainline varvatos boots were like $500ish, not the 1k+ they actual run for.

outside of something on the $level of gitman, nothing really is popping in my head at the moment. IIRC you asked about pendelton, and from what i've seen the standard $80-100-ish flannels are made in mexico.

ledbury makes stuff in europe, epaulet makes stuff in USA and in europe, gustin makes all of their stuff in the USA

Thank you guys. I will look into those and report back when I have something.

I'm mostly use to dressing in Athletic Clothing, tees & hoodies, but my Friend-Stylist (On the right, In the green) is helping me merge my style with fashion. I'm enjoying it.

ESCP5bAl.jpg

NinjaBoiX

I need a new winter jacket. Duffle coat or pea coat this year?

Also, winter gloves for men, what do you recommend?
I'd always go for a pea coat if it's a choice.

In terms of gloves, I got these for £25 from Marks and Spencer:

Vs0JGYH.jpg

Really soft leather with a Thinsulate lining.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I can't decide if I like the Red Wings moc. The shape is so unlike my usual preference.

I have them and it's one of the better purchases I've made. Hated to toe shape every time in the past, but then my bf made me try them on and, well, it's an entirely different world once you see them on. Didn't hurt that they were steeply discounted at the time, hah.

Wear 'em with some skinnies cuffed to the top of the boot.

Top Bottom