• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Oxn

Can someone find me a pair of dress boots that look just like this one? It must be wing tipped, and it must be a Brown variation.

2252440_fpx.tif

This one is close to $400, so yeaaaa

CatPee

Can someone find me a pair of dress boots that look just like this one? It must be wing tipped, and it must be a Brown variation.

2252440_fpx.tif

Look around at your local JC Penney's for their Stafford Deacon boots.

Drahcir

2252440_fpx.tif

I was just browsing around for some boots of my own this evening and happened to see something similar on the Stacy Adams website. Sorry, I couldn't hyperlink to it because it kept redirecting for some reason.

hxxp://www.stacyadams.com/shop/style/00064-603.html

Oxn

I was just browsing around for some boots of my own this evening and happened to see something similar on the Stacy Adams website. Sorry, I couldn't hyperlink to it because it kept redirecting for some reason.

hxxp://www.stacyadams.com/shop/style/00064-603.html

Wow it looks like a carbon copy

Thank you

Although i have a few pairs of stacy adam dress shoes and the last one i bought were super uncomfortable it left marking on my ankle and swore never to to buy them again

But boots should be fine

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow

Oxn

I saw this on the BR site. I want it. It's perfect.

cn8566686.jpg

But $300, ehhhhhhhhh, can't do it right now. :(

I'm willing to take a leap into the unknown, bros.
Dude i was just looking at that too?

Where you from? It shows $260 for me and because its BF week i got a code for 50% off a single item making it $130

Also the site has a code for 40% off your rntire order

Dude i was just looking at that too?

Where you from? It shows $260 for me and because its BF week i got a code for 50% off a single item making it $130

Also the site has a code for 40% off your rntire order

I'm in Canada and it's showing $325. But hey, if I can get it for $130, I will!

Right now the code is showing 30% off my order and no other 50% code or anything :/

I can order it and ship it from the American site if I can get such a wicked deal!

MegalonJJ

Banned
Nope ;)
I guess that the purple lace might induce in error.
The Oxford are from Loding a French shoe company.

Lol :D

How are Loding by the way? I considered getting a pair a while back.

I've always thought about getting some SLP chelsea boots.

Don't think! Feel! It is like a big toe pointing to the moon. And don't concentrate on the toe shape or you will miss all the heavenly glory.

Jet Jaguar said:
How are Loding by the way? I considered getting a pair a while back.
Probably the best bang for your buck in the entre level nice shoes that exist.
All model are 160€, more than their competition Bexley but IMHO the quality bump is clearly worth it.
There are a few Spanish companies in the same brackets and some Loake lines that are also competing.
The only downside is that the pointyness has increased to follow the market. I like very British roundd toes.

def. #2

have a couple of samples of the reissued helmut lang cuiron here (schmooze barney's sa's brehs). maybe i've forgotten what it smelled like (it's been a solid decade), but i don't remember it being quite so transparent and light. maybe i just doused myself in it back in the day, I dunno. maybe it's just not my bag anymore.

MegalonJJ

Banned
Probably the best bang for your buck in the entre level nice shoes that exist.
All model are 160€, more than their competition Bexley but IMHO the quality bump is clearly worth it.
There are a few Spanish companies in the same brackets and some Loake lines that are also competing.
The only downside is that the pointyness has increased to follow the market. I like very British roundd toes.

Interesting. Cheers for the info, I'll have to give Loding a look! Do they fit true to size in your experience?

giga

I prefer the monks out of those, but I would skip that model and get one without the medallion cap toe. It's too much.

CatPee

nv4m9zO.jpg

Cole Haan Air Giraldo Wingtip...GAF recommended?

It's Cole Haan, so buy on sale rather than the $245 MSRP.

As for the shoe's aesthetics, I'm not such a fan of wingtips on a blucher shoe. The wingtips look ridiculously long along with a funky-looking toebox too. If you're not iffy on buying used/off of eBay, you can grab some well-cared for Allen Edmonds McAllisters or Strands for around the same price.

Top Bottom