• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

BumRush

It's Cole Haan, so buy on sale rather than the $245 MSRP.

As for the shoe's aesthetics, I'm not such a fan of wingtips on a blucher shoe. The wingtips look ridiculously long along with a funky-looking toebox too. If you're not iffy on buying used/off of eBay, you can grab some well-cared for Allen Edmonds McAllisters or Strands for around the same price.

Thanks...catpee

These instead?

eKseNh6.jpg

CatPee

I think I'm developing an addiction to chunky cardigans. Lusting after this one real badly.

Thanks...catpee

These instead?

http://i.imgur.com/eKseNh6.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I like the aesthetics and color of these better. Are you planning on using them for smart-casual outfits or are you intending on wearing them as dress shoes? The latter might be a tiny bit iffy if the worn-in look of the leather in that image is present in the actual boots too, which makes it much more suitable to a nice pair of dark denim than dress trousers.

Replacement CProjects finally came in, very nice and I'm looking forward to actually having time to wear them this weekend(work holiday, huzzah)

Shoe box these ones came in is torn on one side though which is a bit of a bummer given the price.

Edit: Wonder if they fucked up again and sent the wrong size. Somewhat difficult to get my feet in and it hurts my right one pretty bad. I tried the last pair on before I returned them and they were fine *sigh*

So, I've maybe settled on some boots. How are Rockport shoes? Never owned them. Thinking about picking up one of these:

http://www.shoeme.ca/products/rockport-men-city-smart-chelsea-boot-black-leather

mens-rockport-city-smart-chelsea-boot-black-leather-390160_1000_45_29974a4a-67e9-4dfe-8a27-53e506a0ddf9_grande.jpeg

http://www.shoeme.ca/products/rockport-men-city-smart-chelsea-boot-tan-leather

mens-rockport-city-smart-chelsea-boot-tan-leather-390161_1000_45_59c1f648-faea-4484-b8e8-2187d1f5c8f8_grande.jpeg

I'm leaning towards the Black one. This site gives a 30% off thing every other week, so I could get them for $140. Thoughts? Too much stitching on the front?

Though I prefer this one:

Cole Haan Lennox Hill? $150, but US only. Can't find any Canadian deals

CatPee

Bought yet another SNS Herning Stark for myself off Mr Porter, this time in Black Lake Mix. I don't think I can get enough of these, living in Minnesota.

Speaking of which, Mr Porter's Black Friday sale is up. Lots of goodies at 30% off, including those lovely Starks.

Suppose it is a bit silly looking but with shoes no one is going to be staring at the back of your foot long enough to notice it I suppose. Have been wanting some Chelsea boots so it's tempting, will see how I feel tomorrow.

Thinking I'll grab some Acne Studios jeans, been wanting to try them for a while and they were recommended to me earlier in the year.

Have never tried them on though, do they generally run true to size and slim is actually slim?

I you mean acne max... We'll if you've ever done squats or calf raises go up a size and try. Dunno about their others.
The max's don't seem to be on sale at Mr. Porter but these ones seem really tight. Those are pre-faded though so I doubt I'll go for them. Wish more companies used APC's simple fits. Although no one is as bad as nudies having 20 different types, although options are nice I suppose.

Why is the heel tag yellow?

Madrin

I have a basic fashion question that I need some input on: what colors are good for dress shirts that aren't part of a suit? When I wear a white shirt with black pants, people joke that I look like a waiter. When I wear a dark red shirt with khaki pants, apparently I look like a cheap car salesman. Black shirt with khaki pants.... nope, people say it looks like an IT support technician.

So uh... what the hell kind of dress shirt can you wear that actually looks good? Should I be looking at patterns instead of solids?

NinjaBoiX

If anyone wants some chelsea boots. The corner has a sexy pair from common projects for about 350ish after code: cyber2014
These look really cheapo. I'm sure they're incredible quality, they just look like proper budget shoes.

And I agree with mac, the gold lettering they insist on stamping on the heel is massively tacky and just adds to the cheap and nasty look.

These look really cheapo. I'm sure they're incredible quality, they just look like proper budget shoes.

And I agree with mac, the gold lettering they insist on stamping on the heel is massively tacky and just adds to the cheap and nasty look.

They're probably not as cheap as your opinion on the matter.

NinjaBoiX

I actually like a lot of their stuff, I just don't like that gold lettering on the heel.
Would you perhaps do me the favor of describing what it is that you think I wear? I'm worried you're chasing ghosts.
I can only go by the stock images you post in here and your frequent "should I buy this" threads because you refuse to post pics of you actually wearing any of this hilarious tat.

I often think you're joking truth be told.

giga

I have a basic fashion question that I need some input on: what colors are good for dress shirts that aren't part of a suit? When I wear a white shirt with black pants, people joke that I look like a waiter. When I wear a dark red shirt with khaki pants, apparently I look like a cheap car salesman. Black shirt with khaki pants.... nope, people say it looks like an IT support technician.

So uh... what the hell kind of dress shirt can you wear that actually looks good? Should I be looking at patterns instead of solids?
Black and khaki are two of my most hated trouser colors. Get some navy and charcoal pants instead. Keep the white shirt, but toss the red and black ones. Then get a sky blue, lavender, and pink shirt. Throw in some gingham here and there, and baby you've got a stew going.

So, I've maybe settled on some boots. How are Rockport shoes? Never owned them. Thinking about picking up one of these:

http://www.shoeme.ca/products/rockport-men-city-smart-chelsea-boot-black-leather

mens-rockport-city-smart-chelsea-boot-black-leather-390160_1000_45_29974a4a-67e9-4dfe-8a27-53e506a0ddf9_grande.jpeg

http://www.shoeme.ca/products/rockport-men-city-smart-chelsea-boot-tan-leather

mens-rockport-city-smart-chelsea-boot-tan-leather-390161_1000_45_59c1f648-faea-4484-b8e8-2187d1f5c8f8_grande.jpeg

I'm leaning towards the Black one. This site gives a 30% off thing every other week, so I could get them for $140. Thoughts? Too much stitching on the front?

Though I prefer this one:

Cole Haan Lennox Hill? $150, but US only. Can't find any Canadian deals

Stay in the lookout in that price ranged for terribly cheap, corrected grain leather that will fall apart quickly. True full grain leather can last for years because you take care of it with cream, Polish and wax. Once corrected grain leather starts cracking or peeling, you're fucked.

The rock ports have full grain leather but aren't goodyear welted so the soles will eventually wear out.

Now this jacket is 50% off.

cn8566686.jpg

I can get it for $162 CAD. I'm just unsure what size to buy. L or XL? I'm on a weight loss plan, and I wanna lose fifty pounds by April, but I'm entirely unsure how this will fit now and how it'll fit six months from now.

Now this jacket is 50% off.

cn8566686.jpg

I can get it for $162 CAD. I'm just unsure what size to buy. L or XL? I'm on a weight loss plan, and I wanna lose fifty pounds by April, but I'm entirely unsure how this will fit now and how it'll fit six months from now.

You're gonna lose fifty pounds by april and you're worried about clothes?!

You don't construct a building before knowing how much land you have. Why would you buy clothes before you even know what kind of body you have.

Top Bottom