• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't. I just really like this jacket and that's a pretty good discount.

You're gonna lose fifty pounds by april and you're worried about clothes?!

You don't construct a building before knowing how much land you have. Why would you buy clothes before you even know what kind of body you have.

Well that's the goal I've set for myself. I've lost 40 so far, so the next fifty is my hurdle to jump. I just really like that jacket.

But hey if I hit 30 lbs lost by April, I'll be happy.

Just keep in mind it's hard to know where your body will be once you've finished losing weight. 5 or so years ago I was model thin but I put on a ton of weight. Lost 80 pounds but even then I was flabbier than I was before until I started running every day. Waist sizes in particular will change, I was a 28 before but now I'm a 30-31 depending on the jean. Only 5 pounds difference between now and my lowest weight.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I love the minimalist boots that seem to be popular here, but I can't seem to shake my appreciation for Red Wings and Allen Edmonds.

Maybe that will change soon.

Anyone have experience with Opening Ceremony? I don't usually order clothes online but they have this really awesome sweatshirt on sale now and I want to grab it.

My question is, does their stuff fit true to size? This is why I don't like ordering clothes online because I'm very particular about the fit of my clothes.

overcast

I'm really tired of seeing this ASOS beard guy. Anyway, 30% off for the weekend. Considering this leather jacket. Would be like 135 after the reduction.

image1xl.jpg

image2xl.jpg

hmm?

Anyone have experience with Opening Ceremony? I don't usually order clothes online but they have this really awesome sweatshirt on sale now and I want to grab it.

My question is, does their stuff fit true to size? This is why I don't like ordering clothes online because I'm very particular about the fit of my clothes.

Opening Ceremony is basically a department store, and carries many different brands. What brand is the sweatshirt you want?

You guys are right. For Black Friday, I am buying nothing. I am buying nothing till next year and then I'll buy the nice, nice things. Nice Chelsea boots. Nice jackets. Nice well-tailored suits.

Nice.

They'll probably be half off then, but I wanted them now and Christmas is expensive in general so I figured I'd just go for it. Thankfully I'm not so callous with fashion house clothes :p

Apeopleman

You guys are right. For Black Friday, I am buying nothing. I am buying nothing till next year and then I'll buy the nice, nice things. Nice Chelsea boots. Nice jackets. Nice well-tailored suits.

Nice.

Good thinking, good job on the weight loss, and good luck with the future weight loss.

I just bought beige/white sneakers and am already sorta regretting it because I'm not sure how well they'll go with my normal dark/black jeans and chinos. I really like the look of them on their own but I don't know if they'll actually match well with my normal pants.

(laced up though)
And yes, they're Sperry's - but they were $45 on sale before a coupon and my other go-to sneakers are getting really beat-up. Shockingly, I'm not even in a frat.

Opening Ceremony is basically a department store, and carries many different brands. What brand is the sweatshirt you want?
It's this one...

Q21xr8l.jpg

It's a collaboration between Massive and Opening Ceremony. The site says true to size, so I'm hoping they're right, but you never know. I'm usually rather L or XL in shirt sizes, so I went with an XL since it's a sweatshirt.

i haven't gotten a lot off opening ceremony but I have tried a number of the brands they carry and the only one I've had sizing issues with is the house label (slim) and their old rodarte collab (being very slim).

which reminds me I have a pair of oc x rodarte pants in small (prob 28-29" waist?) if anyone is interested.

i haven't gotten a lot off opening ceremony but I have tried a number of the brands they carry and the only one I've had sizing issues with is the house label (slim) and their old rodarte collab (being very slim).

which reminds me I have a pair of oc x rodarte pants in small (prob 28-29" waist?) if anyone is interested.
quite possibly, have a pic?

I am getting the mission Chinese tee shirt Colab
Yeah, I like that one. I had been eying that sweatshirt for a while, and now with the sale I thought I'd go for it, despite my hesitance of buying clothes online. Hopefully it all works out.

It might start an expensive addiction...

Top Bottom