• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Roden Gray, Four Horsemen, Contraband and Understudy stock John Elliott, though I feel like most of the stuff that makes it over the boarder are their core/staple pieces and not much of their other offerings.

Didn't know about Contraband, thanks.

All the Canadian online clothing stores I follow, let me know if you know others:

Capsule
Contraband
El Kartel
Four Horsemen
Haven
Leo Boutique
Livestock
Lost & Found
Nomad
Nrml
Off the Hook
Roden Gray
Rooney Shop
Show Room
Uncle Otis
Understudy

Another piece of advice, please.

What to wear under a v neck sweater besides a button down? Is it ok with just an undershirt like this on a brisk day? Or should you really be wearing something visible?

You can really wear anything. T shirt, button down, another sweater (I've seen it happen).

Really hoping someone here can help me out. I have this ASOS jacket and I like it for two reasons:

1) Lightweight but keeps me warn + dry
2) Pockets on the chest

The problem is that the jacket is cheap and has taken on a grayish hue and the chest pockets have a hole in them. I am looking for a replacement, doesn't have to be the same color, but I really want something with chest pockets just like it. I find it incredibly comfortable and easier to use than traditional pockets.

My budget is sub-$200 USD.

Thank you!!

Thinking about picking up this jacket. But it's $150 and I'm poor, so I thought I'd post to see if anybody knows a similar cheaper one or a better one for the same price.

Link
what size are you brehs?

I'm borderline S/M. I usually wear medium, but small works sometimes. I did quick measurements just now and got 37 chest, 32 natural waist. 5'10", 135 lbs.

http://www.yoox.com/us/41509945KW/i...ts=sr_clothingmen80&cod10=41509945KW&sizeId=4

well here is a $375 parka for $100

some extra pics and measurements

https://www.grailed.com/listings/31932-saturdays-surf-nyc-nathan-fishtail-parka

from what I've read it's a water-resistant cotton with a bonded chambray interior and taped seams. seems like a good call IMO.

BumRush

Finally going to Suit Supply in NYC next week when I head into the city. I'm going to get at least one suit (navy, wool, slim cut), but will probably come away with more.

Anyone have experience with their outerwear?

Anth0ny

Didn't know about Contraband, thanks.

All the Canadian online clothing stores I follow, let me know if you know others:

Capsule
Contraband
El Kartel
Four Horsemen
Haven
Leo Boutique
Livestock
Lost & Found
Nomad
Nrml
Off the Hook
Roden Gray
Rooney Shop
Show Room
Uncle Otis
Understudy

Thanks for this list! Great resource.

Over the Rainbow is great for denim. I grabbed some nice shirts when I went to the store a few weeks ago, too.

Alucrid

Banned
everyone is rolling around in that sweet charcoal geller bomber and i'm over here looking like a fucking idiot

hope i can pick up another color soon

Somebody post a button up for me to buy ��

Here, I'd like to buy it myself but the sizing is not available.

zoom_150730_TKMN_ON0179.jpg

Will I fuck up 100% cotton sweaters by machine washing them on cold and machine drying delicates? Do I have to lay them flat, or even worse hand wash/dry clean?

BumRush

Will I fuck up 100% cotton sweaters by machine washing them on cold and machine drying delicates? Do I have to lay them flat, or even worse hand wash/dry clean?

Honestly, I'd hand wash if that's feasible to you...if the sweater is <$100 and you really don't care about it too much, take your chances...but I've ruined a few doing exactly what you said.

Alucrid

Banned
Maybe if you have a handwash setting on the washer and throw it in a garment bag. I wouldn't dry it though, maybe soak up some excess water with a towel and lay flat to dry, turning over periodically

Thinking of jumping on this, any impressions?
And not sure what fit, don't want the cuff to be too big

I'm a big fan of Gustin, mostly because their cuts usually fit my body well. I started with the Straight and had them tailor for a smaller/tapered cuff, but have recently ordered some Slim to try out, though I had to size them up a bit to be safe.

I'd definitely go for the slim if you don't want the cuff to be too big, and if you have slimmer legs (I squat :( ), go for skinny.

Grakl

I'm a big fan of Gustin, mostly because their cuts usually fit my body well. I started with the Straight and had them tailor for a smaller/tapered cuff, but have recently ordered some Slim to try out, though I had to size them up a bit to be safe.

I'd definitely go for the slim if you don't want the cuff to be too big, and if you have slimmer legs (I squat :( ), go for skinny.
Cool, thanks. Probably going for skinny, time to measure some shiz

Edit: lmao never mind my thighs aint that skinny, slim it is

Zekes!

I hang all my clothes on a drying rack to dry. I only put pants in the dryer that I want to shrink (lol). I use the handwash cycle/cold water on my washing machine pretty liberally, unless I'm washing shit I don't really care about.

If I could afford to dry clean more regularly, I would probably do that for some items, but y'know

If you were between jean inseam lengths, is it more appropriate to have them bunched up at the foot or rock them a little high? I feel like the knees in 32 length Levis happen below my knees, leading me to think that I should wear 30 length high-waters.

Zekes!

If you were between jean inseam lengths, is it more appropriate to have them bunched up at the foot or rock them a little high? I feel like the knees in 32 length Levis happen below my knees, leading me to think that I should wear 30 length high-waters.

You could always drop another $10 and get the 32 length hemmed if you're thinking the 30's are too short. But if the 32 is bunching quite a bit, the 30's shouldn't be that short.

Top Bottom