• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

i always tell people to check out mauro grifoni because it's made well, fits well, and gets down to macy prices come deep discount time.

there are a ton of under the radar brands on there, though. depends on what kind of shit you're into.

Yeah peacoat, topcoat, etc. are all good classic outerwear options that'll keep you warm (and really warm, depending on material). A camel topcoat has always been one of my fashion bucket-list items.

Grakl

i always tell people to check out mauro grifoni because it's made well, fits well, and gets down to macy prices come deep discount time.

there are a ton of under the radar brands on there, though. depends on what kind of shit you're into.

mauro grifoni looks good, some real cheap stuff too

I'l browse a bit, thanks again

entremet

I used to love FW. And I do agree it's better for men's fashion in general.

But I will miss my summer staples. So comfy.

I tend to run hot so I can't stand layering.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
How heavy?

heavy enough to keep me warm

caban coats bro

Duffle coat

I like peacoats. Timeless item, in my opinion. It looks great in everyone.

Yeah peacoat, topcoat, etc. are all good classic outerwear options that'll keep you warm (and really warm, depending on material). A camel topcoat has always been one of my fashion bucket-list items.

Can never go wrong with a peacoat or 3/4 length wool coat. I wore Benetton 3/4's for 15 years because they fit, were decent quality, easy to layer, and were cheap at $100 a pop.

thanks bros. what are some good coat brands to look out for? and where can I buy a quality peacoat for $100?

SeanR1221

I just bought one from Fossil last week. Great quality and super affordable ($250). Check their stuff out, Sean.

My old one is from Fossil! I've had it since grad school. I think it's time to upgrade.

Calvin klein got my style for messenger bags

I'll check those out too.

how many bones you want to drop on one?

also if you're a bigger dude and know your sizing and are looking for a nice coat

http://www.yoox.com/us/41495044HU/item#dept=men&sts=sr_men80&cod10=41495044HU&sizeId=

🙌🏻
Price isn't a huge deal. What did you have in mind?

That coat though...don't think I could rock it to be honest.

imae

Hey fashion mens :)

Does anyone recognize or know of something similar to the trousers that Reynolds is wearing here:

t1zuEqK.jpg

I like the colors of these especially, but having trouble finding something of similar style in these colors in the UK.

Are these Chino's?... excuse my fashion ignorance.

Hey fashion mens :)

Does anyone recognize or know of something similar to the trousers that Reynolds is wearing here:

t1zuEqK.jpg

I like the colors of these especially, but having trouble finding something of similar style in these colors in the UK.

Are these Chino's?... excuse my fashion ignorance.
Yeah, those look like your pretty standard slant pocket chino. You could try J. Crew or ASOS, Urban Outfitters even. Honestly, it's a pretty standard item in most stores nowadays.

Quick

Banned
How's the quality on the Nike Killshot 2? I might grab the J Crew one.

zoom5.jpg

And does anyone know which stores I can find more Killshot 2 colorways in Toronto?

f0rk

mac I just got some common project highs, anything in particular I need to do to keep them in good shape? My gats are pretty beat up now

I just clean mine with a cloth (well a baby wipe) and wipe standard leather conditioner on them every now and again. nothing too crazy. then again i only wear pvre blvk™ ones so I don't know if that will work on white or etc.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
perhaps stepping into the cape game incrementally might be wise

boyfriend wants this cape/shirt thing from Oak pretty badly, but I ain't throwing down almost three hunnid for baby drapes.

on the opposite end of things, their post-Ragnarok scrump warrior cape-y poncho is pretty neat (for tall people, i.e. not us)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
100 bucks? Maybe Uniqlo, Thriftshop or eBay.

$100 is tough and I was able to get them at those prices through friend's with hook ups and at the outlets. That said, try outlets...haha.

If you're playing with $100 you should go with Uniqlo

I only mentioned 100 because the other guy did. i would be willing to go higher for the right item

amazing

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
yeah, will probably be $20-$25

Thanks, I'll look into it.

BTW one brand I really like right now is John Elliott Co, really love their F/W stuff. I'd love to get the gray sweats.

Just can't afford any of it, and can't find much in Canada. Closest thing to John Elliott Co in Canada is Wings & Horns, and it's still very expensive, not as nice either.

KissVibes

Banned
Really hoping someone here can help me out. I have this ASOS jacket and I like it for two reasons:

1) Lightweight but keeps me warn + dry
2) Pockets on the chest

The problem is that the jacket is cheap and has taken on a grayish hue and the chest pockets have a hole in them. I am looking for a replacement, doesn't have to be the same color, but I really want something with chest pockets just like it. I find it incredibly comfortable and easier to use than traditional pockets.

My budget is sub-$200 USD.

Thank you!!

Zekes!

Thanks, I'll look into it.

BTW one brand I really like right now is John Elliott Co, really love their F/W stuff. I'd love to get the gray sweats.

Just can't afford any of it, and can't find much in Canada. Closest thing to John Elliott Co in Canada is Wings & Horns, and it's still very expensive, not as nice either.

Roden Gray, Four Horsemen, Contraband and Understudy stock John Elliott, though I feel like most of the stuff that makes it over the boarder are their core/staple pieces and not much of their other offerings.

Top Bottom