• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Style Fox/resident members of #teamuntucked, which one of you created THIS?
untuckit-website-1.jpg

Oxn

Style Fox/resident members of #teamuntucked, which one of you created THIS?

Dunno, but i just bought a couple of slim fit shirts from the GAP, size XS, and they fit so amazingly untucked. Exactly just an inch or 2 below belt line.

I gave them a shot because of some good sales, and it worked great as more casual look than my banana republic dress shirts.

Anth0ny

I have three Soul Revolver jackets. The quality is great, and the fit even better. I'm a skinny guy and the three jackets were ordered in the slim version. They fit me as a glove.

The prices are around USD450 - USD500. So they're not cheap, but not insanely expensive, either.

The style is overall, retro/vintage, so maybe it's not what you want but take a look at them, who knows...

http://www.soulrevolver.com/vintage-style-leather-jackets/mens

Oh damn, those look good. Very good. Within my price range, too. Now I just need to find a store that carries them.

Thanks for the help!

that's only because bieber looks like an idiot whenever he puts on clothes

I know people can definitely rock that look...

lZ9lD4d.jpg

... but I'm pretty sure I'm not one of them lol

yo what's up with that bieber pic; dudes proportions are all skewed.

anyway, no, you don't need to spend $$$$$$$$ to get a good leather, but you will definitely want to spend more than $. it will also depend on what you want; something traditional/classic, fashion-forward, luxury, etc.

for instance something like this

http://www.selfedge.com/jackets-vests?product_id=1413

f1bOALb.jpg

isn't fashion-forward but at the same time it is contemporary in fit, and you can probably be buried in it come the year 2100. but it is also $2000. you can probably find a middle ground somewhere.

oh and i've just looped back into the TOJ drama; seems his two former employees have opened up a similar service and people are getting jackets in under a month. jeesuz.

yo what's up with that bieber pic; dudes proportions are all skewed.

anyway, no, you don't need to spend $$$$$$$$ to get a good leather, but you will definitely want to spend more than $. it will also depend on what you want; something traditional/classic, fashion-forward, luxury, etc.

for instance something like this

http://www.selfedge.com/jackets-vests?product_id=1413

f1bOALb.jpg

isn't fashion-forward but at the same time it is contemporary in fit, and you can probably be buried in it come the year 2100. but it is also $2000. you can probably find a middle ground somewhere.

Man selfedge is a great site, with a good selection but I can't stand how they use the same guy to model all their clothes. Not trying to hate on him, but stuff doesn't look flattering and I don't like the way they style the pieces. There's a reason every other fashion company uses professional models.

giga

I don't know about a cape... but it's starting to get chilly as fuck outside. I think I'm in the market for a nice, leather jacket.

I'm not sure I know how the branding works with these things, though. I've been told not to waste money on a fake leather jacket, which I can only assume are the $150 Guess "leather" jackets I see at my local mall. They look okay but fit poorly from my experience. they also feel hella cheap, as to be expected.

On the other side of the spectrum, I walk into Harry Rosen and see $2000 leather jackets. I'm assuming those are real?

Do I need to spend $2k on a leather jacket? Is there a cheaper way? What are some good brands/stores I should be checking out? I'm in Toronto, Canada btw.

This is the look I'm going for:

_35z9ra5.jpg

Less interested in the "motorcycle" leather jacket look. Pretty sure I'd look like a goof wearing one of these:

tumblr_ntz5gzdjqe1raho8ow0.png

any help would be appreciated :)
Check out Schott: https://www.schottnyc.com/store/men/jackets/leather

You can order online but I recommend finding a local retailer like an army surplus store: https://www.schottnyc.com/stores.cfm

Oh damn, those look good. Very good. Within my price range, too. Now I just need to find a store that carries them.

I haven't checked recently, but if nothing has changed, you'll not find a store that carries them. They only sell through their website and Amazon.com (and last time I checked, you can't find all their models there).

But they offer international shipping, so I don't see the problem, except if you don't own a credit card.

FStop7

Banned
Man selfedge is a great site, with a good selection but I can't stand how they use the same guy to model all their clothes. Not trying to hate on him, but stuff doesn't look flattering and I don't like the way they style the pieces. There's a reason every other fashion company uses professional models.

I was just gonna say I don't know how someone could shit on that Bieber pic and then follow up with a pic of Peter Stormare gone hipster.

Anth0ny

I haven't checked recently, but if nothing has changed, you'll not find a store that carries them. They only sell through their website and Amazon.com (and last time I checked, you can't find all their models there).

But they offer international shipping, so I don't see the problem, except if you don't own a credit card.

I like trying things on before buying them, especially something that nice/expensive.

I know I can send it back if it doesn't fit but that's a pain in the ass >_<

I like trying things on before buying them, especially something that nice/expensive.

I know I can send it back if it doesn't fit but that's a pain in the ass >_<

Ah, I see. I was reluctant too just prior to buy the first one, but these guys begin to make the jacket once you pay for it (it takes 2 weeks aprox.) and before that, a Soul Revolver's employee will contact you by email to ask for your measurements just to be sure you chose the correct size.

Anyways, good luck finding a leather jacket that satisfies you. There is nothing better than that, specially considering how awesome it looks as it ages :)

Posting again--plas halp.

I need help from Canada GAF: there are some work shirts I like but the store only ships to Canada. If I give you money to cover the shipping costs, plus some extra for your efforts, can you ship them to me?

PM me plz. Need some work shirts for the fall/winter. Thanks :D

Kraftwerk

Posting again--plas halp.

I need help from Canada GAF: there are some work shirts I like but the store only ships to Canada. If I give you money to cover the shipping costs, plus some extra for your efforts, can you ship them to me?

PM me plz. Need some work shirts for the fall/winter. Thanks :D

I can help you out. Done it before for other gaffers before

Grakl

Maison kitsune shit was on sale this weekend but when I checked everything in my size was sold out, so sad. I liked a lot of stuff in that non-gender thread that was posted in OT

Still hunting for them sales

Top Bottom